Tallahassee football is hot garbage!!!

nolebull813

Leon, Lincoln, Chiles and Rickards  all got destroyed last night by out of area teams. 

Not just beaten but humiliated.  Plus Florida High lost to lowly Marianna. 

The best team Godby just scraped by with a miracle against average pine forest. 

As far as the big cities go  Tallahassee is by far the worst. It's embarrassing 

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Can anyone explain why football so bad there?  Is there a specific reason?  Coaching? Talent? 

Not enough talent to go around

Just like Gainesville the talent is spread out across every school so not 1 single team can be dominate 

Back when Lincoln was great they probably get around 3/4 the top athletes in the city 

Gainesville in 2012 was basically a alachua county all star team

These cities don't have enough for a lot of them to share the talent

Either 1 team is elite or none are 

Lets break it down 

Rickards and Godby are 2 best in area, both will have punchers chance in 5a north 

Wakulla same even though they technically not Tallahassee but I'll put them there for argument sake

So basically best tally teams all in 5a

NFC second best team in 2a North but likely lose to university Christian 

Leon is terrible but for some reason FNF had them in preseason top 25?!!!

And they haven't won a game yet

Chiles is not much better 

Lincoln is not same Lincoln and probably 1 and done in playoffs 

Am i missing anyone? 

I don't think that this is specific to Tallahassee. If you notice, most of the powerhouse teams of 3 to 5 years ago are now bottom dwellers no matter what part of the state they reside in. Things change in every segment of life. High school football is no different. Those same teams, Lincoln, Godby, Wakulla, and Chiles will be back on top in a couple of seasons. Rickards has already accomplished so much from it's miserable run of so many years. There are very few teams that can consistently perform year in and year out. Pahokee is the perfect example of the ebb and flow of HS football.

1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

I don't think that this is specific to Tallahassee. If you notice, most of the powerhouse teams of 3 to 5 years ago are now bottom dwellers no matter what part of the state they reside in. Things change in every segment of life. High school football is no different. Thos same teams, Lincoln, Godby, Wakulla, and Chiles will be back on top in a couple of seasons. Rickards has already accomplished so much from it's miserable run of so many years. There are very few teams that can consistently perform year in and year out. Pahokee is the perfect example of the ebb and flow of HS football.

Mainland, St Augustine, Columbia, Apopka,  Niceville 

Those are a few big school examples

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Leon, Lincoln, Chiles and Rickards  all got destroyed last night by out of area teams. 

Not just beaten but humiliated.  Plus Florida High lost to lowly Marianna. 

The best team Godby just scraped by with a miracle against average pine forest. 

As far as the big cities go  Tallahassee is by far the worst. It's embarrassing 

THey are Broward counties Miramar Deerfield Beach DiLLARD & etc if not a little bit better talent avg to below avg coaching && no championships close to date but even in then I believe those tally schools I have brought in some championships as of late

21 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

THey are Broward counties Miramar Deerfield Beach DiLLARD & etc if not a little bit better talent avg to below avg coaching && no championships close to date but even in then I believe those tally schools I have brought in some championships as of late

Well i won't comment too much on coaching of these teams because i haven't seen them enough outside of Lincoln but i will say this 

Lincoln last few years is nothing compared to late 90s/early 00s Lincoln 

I would say that most high school football teams have better players than they do coaches. Although coaches have to be admired for their dedication for little or no pay, if the truth be known most are not very knowledgeable and have no clue how to run a football team. I really feel sorry for the players that are on the teams with these types of coaches. Losing game after game can be frustrating to say the least. It's really nobodies fault as there are just not enough good coaches out there. If you figure there are 600 high schools in Florida that have football teams. Each high school has on average 6 to10 coaches. Even at 6 that is 3,600 coaches just for the state of Florida. How many of those 3,600 are really qualified? Maybe 10% or maybe less. Most coaches are teachers and coaching is a hobby. So you have math teachers or Band teachers running a football team. The STA's, Bolles, and a few others may have a full time and well paid head coach. But, I think that is very rare and is probably why STA and Bolles do so well.

10 minutes ago, Sharkbait said:

It is South of Tally but they will fight you for calling them a Tallahassee school.  Hell they will fight you because its Tuesday or because the Sun came up in the East or pretty much any other reason.  The proper pronunciation is Will-kill-ya County.

I don't think Columbia and Wakulla have ever crossed paths before 

Wakulla has had football around since the 30's when they started as a 6 man team but they were called Carwfordville High. 

There was another school in the county called Sopchoppy High 

In the 70's they merged together to make Wakulla County High. Crawfordville High is still recognized as Wakulla old high school. 

Same thing happened in Madison County. There was Madison High and Greenville High since the 20's and in the early 80's they merged into Madison County High. 

45 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Wakulla has had football around since the 30's when they started as a 6 man team but they were called Carwfordville High. 

In the 70's they merged together to make Wakulla County High. Crawfordville High is still recognized as Wakulla old high school. 

Same thing happened in Madison County. There was Madison High and Greenville High since the 20's and in the early 80's they merged into Madison County High. 

So with Madison high and Greenville high 

Since those 2 merged don't they share each others prior records to the merge? 

Ik duval high records are held by Andrew Jackson high so i assume it's same case 

And i have no record of us playing carwfordville or sopchoppy high so there would be no history between Columbia and current Wakulla if they were to play 

50 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Sopchoppy and Crawfordville were converted to elementary schools when Wakulla High was built.  There are a lot of schools in the area that have consolidated  Carrabelle and Apalachicola (Franklin),  Chattahootchee and Greensboro (West Gadsden), Havana and Quincy Shanks (East Gadsden) now all Gadsden.  There ways also a boys reform school  Anneewakee that is bo longer around.