Trinity Catholic @ North Marion

Proseteye

I know, I know. Neither team is a contender for playing outstanding football of the year so far in 2017. The 3A Celtics are 4-3 after losing the first 3 games. The 5A Colts are 2-6. However, this is an important game for my Celtics. If they win tonight and defeat Jordan Christian Prep next week I'm pretty sure they will be in the playoffs. And you never know what will happen to the mix if the Celtics are in the playoffs. Also, NM is the only Marion County team that the Celtics have never defeated, losing to NM in 2011 (23-20) and again in 2012 (27-24) in two OT's, although the 2012 game was reversed by an FHSAA infraction by NM. Both games were when NM was at the peak of their capability.

Under new coaching, starting in 2014, the Celtics changed from a balanced offense, which was 60% passing 40% rushing, to 5% passing 95% rushing. This year so far the rushing attack is approaching 2,000 yards led by Sr Tony Brewton while the passing attack has seen only  a meager 138 yards. That being said Jr QB King Redd does actually have a .500 percent passing ratio.

Both teams will want this game as this is a private against a public and kind of a cross town rivalry. North Marion's stadium is huge and intimidating and it will be packed to the rafters tonight. I'm kind of glad that we have primarily a rushing attack as NM defeated a good Belleview team last week by getting three pass interceptions for TD's. The weather will be clear and 74 degrees at kickoff. Just a great night for football in one of the nicest towns in Florida. :)

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

I know, I know. Neither team is a contender for playing outstanding football of the year so far in 2017. The 3A Celtics are 4-3 after losing the first 3 games. The 5A Colts are 2-6. However, this is an important game for my Celtics. If they win tonight and defeat Jordan Christian Prep next week I'm pretty sure they will be in the playoffs. And you never know what will happen to the mix if the Celtics are in the playoffs. Also, NM is the only Marion County team that the Celtics have never defeated, losing to NM in 2011 (23-20) and again in 2012 (27-24) in two OT's, although the 2012 game was reversed by an FHSAA infraction by NM. Both games were when NM was at the peak of their capability.

Under new coaching, starting in 2014, the Celtics changed from a balanced offense, which was 60% passing 40% rushing, to 5% passing 95% rushing. This year so far the rushing attack is approaching 2,000 yards led by Sr Tony Brewton while the passing attack has seen only  a meager 138 yards. That being said Jr QB King Redd does actually have a .500 percent passing ratio.

Both teams will want this game as this is a private against a public and kind of a cross town rivalry. North Marion's stadium is huge and intimidating and it will be packed to the rafters tonight. I'm kind of glad that we have primarily a rushing attack as NM defeated a good Belleview team last week by getting three pass interceptions for TD's. The weather will be clear and 74 degrees at kickoff. Just a great night for football in one of the nicest towns in Florida. :)

Good luck on the win tonight bro we started 0-3 to and is now 4-3 and our district rival we play tonight is also 2-6 lol but from one football fan to another GET THAT WIN TONIGHT!!!!! and leave the game injury free.

37 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Good luck on the win tonight bro we started 0-3 to and is now 4-3 and our district rival we play tonight is also 2-6 lol but from one football fan to another GET THAT WIN TONIGHT!!!!! and leave the game injury free.

I think you'll get by Boynton Beach and Blanch Ely. Cardinal Gibbons, with that passing attack, will be a challenge. If Dillard has a pretty good secondary you should be able to cover their receivers although they spread it around among 4 or 5. If the Panthers win out will they be in the playoffs?

3 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I think you'll get by Boynton Beach and Blanch Ely. Cardinal Gibbons, with that passing attack, will be a challenge. If Dillard has a pretty good secondary you should be able to cover their receivers although they spread it around among 4 or 5. If the Panthers win out will they be in the playoffs?

Dillard clinched district already 

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dillard clinched district already 

Was kind of referring to the new FHSAA points system. I could imagine a team winning their district and not having enough points to make the playoffs. However, I'm too frustrated to figure out how that point system works.

Just now, Proseteye said:

Was kind of referring to the new FHSAA points system. I could imagine a team winning their district and not having enough points to make the playoffs. However, I'm too frustrated to figure out how that point system works.

In 5-8a if you win district you still clinch 

They just replaced runner ups with wild cards 

23 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Yeah we’re in bro I really would like to see a solid effort from my panthers tonight especially on the offensive end their still not clicking like I know they can even tho most of that is still trying to learn the new playbook but I hope we can put up a 40 Berger tonight got a friend coming to his first Dillard game and funny thing his alma mater is Boynton lol so I’m hoping for complete domination to get our 5th win in a row 

The Celtics defeated North Marion 27-7 in front of a huge crowd at North Marion, even though the Celtics only threw 2 passes neither of which were completed. So, they stayed on the ground all night and won big. Actually the Celtics led 14-0 at the half and it stayed that way until middle of the 4th quarter when NM scored. The Celtics then scored two TDs within the last 3 minutes of the game. I have to say that this Celtic team has a very good defense. The offense needs a passing game to compliment their ground game. Then they would be dangerous. The Colts need a consistent offense as they could never put any meaningful drive together.  We have Jordan Christian Prep at home next Friday for our final scheduled game. Jordan Christian Prep is 7-1.

10 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Yeah we’re in bro I really would like to see a solid effort from my panthers tonight especially on the offensive end their still not clicking like I know they can even tho most of that is still trying to learn the new playbook but I hope we can put up a 40 Berger tonight got a friend coming to his first Dillard game and funny thing his alma mater is Boynton lol so I’m hoping for complete domination to get our 5th win in a row 

Good job tonight Panther.

Photo 1 Photo 2 Photo 3 Photo 4

12 hours ago, badbird said:

Good win

Not very good photos as I haven't used my digital camera in over a year. Forgot some of the settings. I shot these from the Trinity side stands which are about half the size of the NM stands. The Trinity stands were about 3/4's filled.