District Champs are dominant against Vero in the playoffs

FloTech

I mentioned in another thread that it will be huge that Vero will be finally hosting a District Champ in the playoffs because it's been since 03 that Vero have beaten a District Champion and we are always hosting and beating the Runner ups.... 

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/11/15/district-champions-giving-vero-fits-playoffs/867567001/

I really think Vero wins this game by double digits... I'm callin 42-28..Riverview has to stay within striking distance early as Vero seems to roll teams within the 1st quarter and a half cuz teams can't keep up with their pace and especially since Riverview is a running team.  It should be interesting if it is close since Veros starters haven't played in the 4th quarter in months. 

9 minutes ago, Smelly said:

I really think Vero wins this game by double digits... I'm callin 42-28..Riverview has to stay within striking distance early as Vero seems to roll teams within the 1st quarter and a half cuz teams can't keep up with their pace and especially since Riverview is a running team.  It should be interesting if it is close since Veros starters haven't played in the 4th quarter in months. 

I think the game could be similar to the St Pete game or the Ridge Community game

2 hours ago, FloTech said:

I mentioned in another thread that it will be huge that Vero will be finally hosting a District Champ in the playoffs because it's been since 03 that Vero have beaten a District Champion and we are always hosting and beating the Runner ups.... 

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/11/15/district-champions-giving-vero-fits-playoffs/867567001/

How many District champs has vero hosted in playoffs  since 03?

I was at the Ridge game and we jumped out to a huge lead but they had a QB that just kept makin plays.  I really think this Vero team is better than last years.  While we don't stop the run as well we are much more athletic on the edges but a team like Riverview who runs the option could definitely give us problems.  Let me know how it goes cuz I think I'm gonna go to Viera/Plant since I'll be up that way anyway.

6 minutes ago, Smelly said:

I was at the Ridge game and we jumped out to a huge lead but they had a QB that just kept makin plays.  I really think this Vero team is better than last years.  While we don't stop the run as well we are much more athletic on the edges but a team like Riverview who runs the option could definitely give us problems.  Let me know how it goes cuz I think I'm gonna go to Viera/Plant since I'll be up that way anyway.

I was at that game too Vero did jump on em early

6 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

I’m just glad we spread the ball around more on this team..so tired of the throw to mike smith or throw to mj McGriff and if they were not open offense suffered! And it’s fist year that we are a run first team since coach j started

Trruuuuuu before Mj and M Smith it was Charlie or Dawkins but this year it's more like throw it to Harris or make Dixon run 

10 minutes ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

I’m just glad we spread the ball around more on this team..so tired of the throw to mike smith or throw to mj McGriff and if they were not open offense suffered! And it’s fist year that we are a run first team since coach j started

Agreed... Any word on Jarvis Jones( OL) GA Southern commit...Carted off last game and in street clothes the 2nd half... Big loss if he's out