Mr. Football finalists?

bosox18

I don't mean the Mr. Football winners, but the finalists for the awards. The Bradenton paper had a story the other day about the local finalists which said " Finalists for the Florida Dairy Farmer’s coach of the year and Mr. Football were announced Wednesday across Florida’s eight classifications and independents ..."

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/article188400734.html

But I didn't see anything else, and I was curious who the other -- and more likely to win -- finalists were.

On 12/11/2017 at 12:54 PM, bosox18 said:

I don't mean the Mr. Football winners, but the finalists for the awards. The Bradenton paper had a story the other day about the local finalists which said " Finalists for the Florida Dairy Farmer’s coach of the year and Mr. Football were announced Wednesday across Florida’s eight classifications and independents ..."

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/article188400734.html

But I didn't see anything else, and I was curious who the other -- and more likely to win -- finalists were.

https://floridahsfootball.com/2017/12/13/florida-dairy-farmers-mr-football-coach-year-finalists-released/

I couldn't find it but these are the winners 

Baker County HC is a Candidate for Coach of the year finalist......Kind of surprised HC Patrick Surtain of AHP was not a candidate .  I believe AHP has 28 straight wins....

QB Tutu Atwell of MNW not on this list is a farce.  Then again , there are no Broward or Dade players on the list at all....

I would agree with nolebull813 with Carpenter.  He has the ring, the overwhelming numbers, and was individually a huge part of the 2017 season and State Championship.

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Baker County HC is a Candidate for Coach of the year finalist......Kind of surprised HC Patrick Surtain of AHP was not a candidate .  I believe AHP has 28 straight wins....

QB Tutu Atwell of MNW not on this list is a farce.  Then again , there are no Broward or Dade players on the list at all....

I would agree with nolebull813 with Carpenter.  He has the ring, the overwhelming numbers, and was individually a huge part of the 2017 season and State Championship.

I saw a lot of backlash from AHP coach Not getting the nomination over Baker County but it's not always going to the state champion 

Like in 2015 the 7a coach of year i beilive went to viera,  sometimes the awards go to the surprise team instead of the championship coach but i bet AHP rather have state title then coach of year and baker County would want vise versa 

Surtain?  As in Patrick Surtain? The former NFL cornerback for the dolphins who getting hall of fame consideration? 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I saw a lot of backlash from AHP coach Not getting the nomination over Baker County but it's not always going to the state champion 

Like in 2015 the 7a coach of year i beilive went to viera,  sometimes the awards go to the surprise team instead of the championship coach but i bet AHP rather have state title then coach of year and baker County would want vise versa 

Surtain?  As in Patrick Surtain? The former NFL cornerback for the dolphins who getting hall of fame consideration? 

Yeah, as in NFL Surtain took over in 2016 and has not lost a game yet.  His son is a very talented CB on the team.  I understand it is not always going to a back to back State Championship coach who has never lost, but not even being a candidate?

I understand your thoughts and opinion with Baker County and would have to see the full criteria for the award but based on listed accolades for the Baker County HC how is it superior to Patrick Surtain in 2017 who has faced a significantly more challenging schedule?

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Yeah, as in NFL Surtain took over in 2016 and has not lost a game yet.  His son is a very talented CB on the team.  I understand it is not always going to a back to back State Championship coach who has never lost, but not even being a candidate?

I understand your thoughts and opinion with Baker County and would have to see the full criteria for the award but based on listed accolades for the Baker County HC how is it superior to Patrick Surtain in 2017 who has faced a significantly more challenging schedule?

I think they gave it to him because prior to this year baker County had never even advanced to a semifinal game if i read correctly so that had to do a lot with it but Surtain should have received consideration i agree

Yea Chad Wilson the DC from AHP was getting in on them on twitter and I agreed with him.. Not taking away anything from Baker County... But Josh said theirs barely anybody that’s on the board (can’t rember the name right now) that’s from s fla so that’s one of the reason s fla barley gets recognized.. 

12 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yea Chad Wilson the DC from AHP was getting in on them on twitter and I agreed with him.. Not taking away anything from Baker County... But Josh said theirs barely anybody that’s on the board (can’t rember the name right now) that’s from s fla so that’s one of the reason s fla barley gets recognized.. 

I been reading his posts

Didn't realize he was the defensive coordinator though 

4 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Yes.. Josh be on his shows on fri during football season... Coach Wilson going ham on them on Twitter... Marco Wilson that’s at fla and his other son plays for the Colts..

I kinda want to start a podcast for Columbia but i want to get enough followers first 

I sorta did a podcast during a soccer game because i didn't have a roster and couldn't see the action well from press box and it made me realize if i can find a co host i could have something there 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I kinda want to start a podcast for Columbia but i want to get enough followers first 

I sorta did a podcast during a soccer game because i didn't have a roster and couldn't see the action well from press box and it made me realize if i can find a co host i could have something there 

Nothing is impossible