Quiz-Who Is This Famous FL HS Player?

OldSchoolLion

Who is this famous Florida High School Player of the Past?

This player from the 90's did it all, playing offense, defense, and special teams for his high school team.  He was a high school All-American/Player of the Year and was Florida's first Mr Football award winner.  He led his team to the deepest runs in the school's history, making the state semis in back-to-back years.  He went on to play for the U as a WR, and then was drafted into the NFL, where his career fizzled after 4 seasons.  

Jammi(Jay-Me) German it is!  3 years after the legendary Deion Sanders graduated from North Fort Myers High, another speedster appeared on the scene in Fort Myers.  The beginning of this video is ironic, because Jammi got in trouble with the law while at the U.  Unfortunately for Jammi and the Green Wave, they ran into St Thomas Aquinas in the 1991 and 1992 4A state semis, and got shut out each time.  

For the younger folks on the board, the beat you here in the background starting at 1:50 is original hip hop from nearly 40 years ago.  Check out "The Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight (Original Extended Full Version) (1979 HQ)" on youtube.  Please note, this is how you dance, youngerns:D   Also, please note the amazing Fred Sandford heart attack endzone dance at about 5:30.

• 5 months later...

OldSchoolLion..Too funny I saw one of your quiz questions and the last answer was Jammi.  I couldn't get online so I texted a few of my buddies who frequent this site and told them the answer.  They never responded online.  I saw Deion, Jevon, Earnest and many before them and I would still take German for my first pick to start a team lol

5 minutes ago, Wavebb said:

OldSchoolLion..Too funny I saw one of your quiz questions and the last answer was Jammi.  I couldn't get online so I texted a few of my buddies who frequent this site and told them the answer.  They never responded online.  I saw Deion, Jevon, Earnest and many before them and I would still take German for my first pick to start a team lol

Here are the 6 great FL db's who were Parade National Defensive Players of the Year:

Fort Myers - Jammi German 1992 Parade National Defensive Player of the Year

Lincoln - Antonio Cromartie 2002 Parade National Defensive Player of the Year

Carol City - Kenny Phillips 2004 Parade National Defensive Player of the Year

Ely -. Patrick Peterson 2007 Parade National Defensive Player of the Year

Aquinas - Lamarcus Joyner 2009 Parade National Defensive Player of the Year

Trinity Christian - Shaun Wade 2016 Parade National Defensive Player of the Year