Hey south FL guys?

DisabledAccount

8 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I do remember that team but did not know that roster was that loaded.  I guess you could say that would likely be the most talented team in the last 30 years.  8 is more then 7.  8 players on the same team making the NFL is insane.  This is a example of how elite the muck used to be and where it is at now.  Still good teams but I don't think we will see a nationally elite team out of the Muck, PB County, or perhaps even FL  on that level any time soon.....And yes I do remember Dwyer losing week 1 to GC that year.  Like I said, I don't know if it was on as strong as some of the top muck teams but on paper the roster was loaded with NFL talent. 

Why you say that broward? 

Florida still produces more NFL players then any state so who's to say we won't see a loaded roster like that pop up?

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Why you say that broward? 

Florida still produces more NFL players then any state so who's to say we won't see a loaded roster like that pop up?

Well...I'm not denying Florida's production of NFL players.  I'm referring to a solo Varsity roster. That was 1993 (25 years ago) .  How many teams have we seen over the last 25 years that produced 8 NFL players on the same roster for one year?

On 3/12/2018 at 7:18 PM, BrowardHandicapper said:

Possibly 2009 Dwyer.  Step aside "D1 signees"  .  2009 Dwyer had 7 rostered players get drafted or make NFL teams.  Definitely the best Dwyer team ever- talent speaking.  That team may not have been as strong at the HS level as the best Pahokee or GC teams (for debate) but as far as rostered talent, it is hard to argue with 7 NFL players on a HS team at the same time - talent speaking anyway.

Matt Elam, Jacoby Brissett, Gerald Christian, Curt Maggitt, and Nick O'leary. Who were the other 2 that made the NFL?

1 hour ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Lewis was still at Palm Beach Lakes that season and I'm not positive that Hunter was in a NFL camp. 

Lewis was not at PB Lakes that season.  He was at Dwyer. 

I believe you are correct about Hunter. Not sure why that name came to mind but I am pretty sure there is one more on that Dwyer 2009 roster.

18 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Lewis was not at PB Lakes that season.  He was at Dwyer. 

I believe you are correct about Hunter. Not sure why that name came to mind but I am pretty sure there is one more on that Dwyer 2009 roster.

Lewis transferred to Dwyer after that 2009 season. He only played his Senior year at Dwyer.

13 minutes ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Lewis transferred to Dwyer after that 2009 season. 

Okay.  I thought Lewis was on that team.  I am going off of my memory...I will look into who the other two are and the source I read this. I am pretty sure I may have read about Dwyer with the "7" from more then one perhaps reputable media sources a couple years back.  Trust me, I have no reason to just randomly make this up...

Maybe a Dwyer fan can confirm if there were 7 and advise who...

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Okay.  I thought Lewis was on that team.  I am going off of my memory...I will look into who the other two are and the source I read this. I am pretty sure I may have read about Dwyer with the "7" from more then one perhaps reputable media sources a couple years back.  Trust me, I have no reason to just randomly make this up...

There were a few others on that team that signed with Division 1 schools, but they did not make a NFL camp. 

9 hours ago, MuckCityChamp said:

Lewis was still at Palm Beach Lakes that season and I'm not positive that Hunter was in a NFL camp. 

8 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Spoke to someone that  advised he believes Darrell Hunter was with the Falcons for a few weeks and cut.  Also mentioned Clinton Stevens, Mark Brown and Mike Mimms?  Ever heard of any of those names?

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Ok but what i was asking is which is the best team historically for both lol

As in which Pahokee team was their best and which Glades Central team was their best

GC class of 93 and also we won 47 games in a row and our 3 peat as champs back in 98, 99, and 2000.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:01 PM, BrowardHandicapper said:

Spoke to someone that  advised he believes Darrell Hunter was with the Falcons for a few weeks and cut.  Also mentioned Clinton Stevens, Mark Brown and Mike Mimms?  Ever heard of any of those names?

I’ve heard of Stephens and Mimms. They played for Dwyer later than 2009. As for Hunter, from what I gathered he was injured a lot at Bowling Green and didn’t play after college.