Oscar Smith vs Florida's Random Top 50 Teams

Floridatech

14 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

FL is best state and it's proven year after year after year 

Love the FL spirit Columbia and no doubt our elite can play with anyone.  I watched some West Coast games online this past season and some of the California teams were scary.  Many FL teams are probably not used to seeing qb/wr tandems like what I saw.   

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Love the FL spirit Columbia and no doubt our elite can play with anyone.  I watched some West Coast games online this past season and some of the California teams were scary.  Many FL teams are probably not used to seeing qb/wr tandems like what I saw.   

It’s more pro style i would love to go to a Texas game or cali man those qbs up there make ours look like the new kid off of sandlot 

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

CA number 2 team lost to a non top 10 FL team 

Our top teams can compete with anyone and we have more depth as a entire state then probably anyone 

Only state that comes close in depth is Texas 

10 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Geez that's badass

I gonna suggest Columbia gets this lol

8 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Lol us to

Check this out.  I was in Massillon Ohio a few years ago and there are tiger paws all over the town.   The way the community gets behind the team is amazing.

4 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

It’s more pro style i would love to go to a Texas game or cali man those qbs up there make ours look like the new kid off of sandlot 

FL speed is also at another level

Bishop Gorman is usually a monster oos but 3 different FL publics have beaten them lately,  several i talked to about those games cited the speed that FL had as main conflict for them in the game

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

FL speed is also at another level

Bishop Gorman is usually a monster oos but 3 different FL publics have beaten them lately,  several i talked to about those games cited the speed that FL had as main conflict for them in the game

No doubt, some FL teams have phenomenal overall speed.  Back in the 1980's, the nation was awestruck by the speed of the University of Miami.  But over time, the rest of the country adjusted.  Teams changed their games and recruited differently.  The Canes still have some phenomenal speed, but they cannot dominate like they used to.  

If FL hs does not improve in certain facets of the game, we may find ourselves in the same position.  Speed is deadly,  but it only takes you so far.

6 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

No doubt, some FL teams have phenomenal overall speed.  Back in the 1980's, the nation was awestruck by the speed of the University of Miami.  But over time, the rest of the country adjusted.  Teams changed their games and recruited differently.  The Canes still have some phenomenal speed, but they cannot dominate like they used to.  

If FL hs does not improve in certain facets of the game, we may find ourselves in the same position.  Speed is deadly,  but it only takes you so far.

Yet these teams that caught up with Miami are colleges who recruit FL 

Every major university sets up a pipeline (or tries to) in the sunshine state 

30 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Check this out.  I was in Massillon Ohio a few years ago and there are tiger paws all over the town.   The way the community gets behind the team is amazing.

Oh my goodness sheesshhh see u don’t c stuff like this aim florida especially at the African American schools smh I would love to be apart of something like that 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

very true, Columbia, and rightfully so.  But Florida does not have a corner on the market when it comes to speed.

Texas is loaded with speed.  4 of the top 5 hs 100m guys in the country this year are from Texas.  A kid just broke the national record about one month ago, running a 10.04.  And every year this decade, Texas has had as many or more in the top 5 than Florida.  Texas A&M is renowned for its track athletes.  And Texas has a huge advantage when it comes to coaching

All I am saying is that FL cannot rest on its laurels or in years to come, the tables could turn..   

57 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We talk about Florida speed.  This might surprise you.  Of the top 20 NCAA 100m sprinters in the country, look where they were born and raised.  This is not to say those states have faster football teams...just to show that speed does exist in those states. 

Texas-6

Georgia-3

Florida-2

A number of other states have one representative.