Vero Beach schedule breakdown

Floridatech

This is a breakdown of the non district games..... 

Viera is coming off of an 8 win season and to ME were robbed of a state final appearance, but it looks like they have lost alot on offense to graduation and the coaches son who was a linebacker graduated along with a linebacker transferring to Cocoa. So it looks like Viera will be down and I'm expecting Vero to win by two TDs

Venice won states and will be the second straight state finalist team to open the season up with Vero and the second straight defending state champs to be on our schedule this year..... But they lose 30 seniors from what I heard and I think its will play a toll on the team....I think Vero will beat them pretty similar to how they beat Oscar Smith last year

Wellington they were competitive in the first half but when their QB got popped they went into disarray....they return Mark Anthony Richard but they will need more than that to make the return trip against Vero, I got us winning by 3 tds more or less 

Dr krop not much from them I thought they were going to be a decent but they got blowed out

Ft Lauderdale not a very good team two years in a row and the hurricane season stopped us from getting two easy wins 

Pahokee maaannnn I think this is the biggest game on the schedule, we play them at the muck and that's a hostile environment so I've heard.....this Hooke team sounds like they could make a run to states this year and if they do and we beat em then we can claim that we beat a state champ the year they won it... This game is reminding me of the FPC Vero games from 2011 to 2014

Westwood will return their qb from a 6 win team last year and I think this game here could be the TRAP game this year they are athletic but coaching will kill them.....i think will beat them comfortably tho

Sebastian River will be slightly better and they have a defensive end that is rising in the ranks...but I think Vero routs them again 

Venice will be decent but they do lose a lot

Pahokee is looking good on paper but I want to see them play a few games before i completely buy into the hype

Overall the schedule isn't terrible but does have games on there that will be hard to get up for,  i do think playing a game in the muck should give them a experience playing in front of a hostile crowd which might help them later

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Venice will be decent but they do lose a lot

Pahokee is looking good on paper but I want to see them play a few games before i completely buy into the hype

Overall the schedule isn't terrible but does have games on there that will be hard to get up for,  i do think playing a game in the muck should give them a experience playing in front of a hostile crowd which might help them later

Oscar Smith was supposed to help us out later in the season but it didn't 

A coach I talked to a month ago was pimpin on the Venice game to get them thru the playoffs but I don't think that's going to happen 

11 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

A coach I talked to a month ago was pimpin on the Venice game to get them thru the playoffs but I don't think that's going to happen 

Yeah but Pahokee game in the muck will be much later in the season than a week 1 Oscar Smith game 

Most teams have forgotten about week 1 by mid-season 

32 minutes ago, Floridatech said:

Hey Flo...I don't think playing a certain team(s) during the regular season necessarily helps. In 2013 and 2014 against Manatee, 2015 against Osceola, and last year against Riverview, Vero's defense got torched by a good running back.  And then there were the turnovers.  Those losses were likely more a function of focus, game preparation and execution.  I don't think who ya'll played those years would have made much difference in terms of the results.

There's not a magic solution.  Prepare and execute for the specific team you are playing, and unless the other team is in a totally different league, you'll be in the game.

34 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Hey Flo...I don't think playing a certain team(s) during the regular season necessarily helps. In 2013 and 2014 against Manatee, 2015 against Osceola, and last year against Riverview, Vero's defense got torched by a good running back.  And then there were the turnovers.  Those losses were likely more a function of focus, game preparation and execution.  I don't think who ya'll played those years would have made much difference in terms of the results.

There's not a magic solution.  Prepare and execute for the specific team you are playing, and unless the other team is in a totally different league, you'll be in the game.

True too I believe they be eating Golden corale before the games tho

Call it superstition but we ate Fat Boys BBQ every Friday before our games in ‘03 but because we had to travel earlier than normal when we played Venice that year in the playoffs we ate at Golden Corral in Okeechobee instead and got our butts whoooooped. Let’s hope it won’t be a repeat lol.

8 minutes ago, Trelle said:

Call it superstition but we ate Fat Boys BBQ every Friday before our games in ‘03 but because we had to travel earlier than normal when we played Venice that year in the playoffs we ate at Golden Corral in Okeechobee instead and got our butts whoooooped. Let’s hope it won’t be a repeat lol.

During my senior year after we traveled to Escambia i made a point to have to eat a dinner roll before every game 

By time season was over I was glad to stop eating dinner rolls for a while lol

2 hours ago, Trelle said:

Lol Vero trippin but this should be a different game tho