St Thomas Aquinas vs Dade & Broward Powers

OldSchoolLion

In another thread, one of the posters made a point that raised my curiosity...how has St Thomas Aquinas fared versus Miami-Dade and Broward powers over the past 15 years?   

Below is a summary of games St Thomas Aquinas has played since 2004.  

STA vs Miramar 7 wins, 4 losses

STA vs Deerfield Beach 6 wins, 5 losses

Other notable, regular season games...

2016 loss vs Booker T Washington

2015 win vs Booker T Washington

2014 win vs AHP

2013 win vs Northwestern (NW was 5-5 this year)

2012 win vs Columbus, win vs Cypress Bay

Miami-Dade teams played in the playoffs...

American, Doral Academy, Edison, Mater Academy (3 times), Miami Beach, Miami Springs, South Miami

Interesting to think how they would have fared if they had faced more Miami-Dade foes during this time.  

STA played some playoff games against Homestead in the 1980's and South Dade in the 90's.  Other than some of the games mentioned above, it appears they have had limited exposure to the better Miami-Dade schools, at least in the modern area.  I guess that would be one benefit of the newly proposed playoff system...we would find out who the best team in south FL truly is.  

Id love to see St. Thomas in the 6A Classification. Im sure they can win there district, but to go every year to the state championship??? with this point system????

To me, it would happen but not as often. Someone from Dade will get them sometimes! Whether its Miami Central, Carol City, or Maimi Northwestern, but knowing St Thomas they will get them too. It would be an all out war for the 6A title! 

9 minutes ago, Muckowl 2008 said:

Id love to see St. Thomas in the 6A Classification. Im sure they can win there district, but to go every year to the state championship??? with this point system????

To me, it would happen but not as often. Someone from Dade will get them sometimes! Whether its Miami Central, Carol City, or Maimi Northwestern, but knowing St Thomas they will get them too. It would be an all out war for the 6A title! 

I was referring to the new system they have proposed for some other sports that could eventually make its way to football.  There are some posts about it from the past couple of weeks.  ...the top 64 teams in the state going at it.  Imagine all of the top south Florida teams now, regardless of current classification, fighting it out for a spot.

10 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I was referring to the new system they have proposed for some other sports that could eventually make its way to football.  There are some posts about it from the past couple of weeks.  ...the top 64 teams in the state going at it.  Imagine all of the top south Florida teams now, regardless of current classification, fighting it out for a spot.

Understood, But how would you rank the top 64 teams?