Some good footage of UCF 7v7 a while back

954gator

On 6/27/2018 at 2:03 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Columbia vs sandalwood for the state championship 

36 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Finally 7v7 videos with results and teams mentioned!   A lot of teams at this with some very good action from a month or so ago.   First two are pool play.   Last one is playoffs.

...so disappointing that so many of these teams did not show up for the "state championship" later in the month.  I guess teams like Booker T and Carol City wanted no part of Columbia or Sandalwood.:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...turns out a number of invitations to the state championship sent to teams in south Florida never made it...all wrong addresses....all of them were postmarked from Lake City...tragic, but honest error, I'm sure:rolleyes:

We have played and beaten south Florida teams like Booker T Washington and Miramar during 7v7

We would have had no problem playing and beating them in a official tournament 

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We have played and beaten south Florida teams like Booker T Washington and Miramar during 7v7

You go, Columbia. BTW, I am still planning on making one of your home games. Will update you when I narrow it down to two. 

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I know and am just teasing, my friend:).  Sometimes the bear simply cannot resist poking the beehive.  

11 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Pretty sure every HS team in FL would at least have somewhat of a problem playing a team like BTW in 7v7.  Just sayin.   No doubt they can be beat by a bunch of different teams on a given day, but no problem beating them?   Nah.   Got to be humble brotha!

7 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Pretty sure every HS team in FL would at least have somewhat of a problem playing a team like BTW in 7v7.  Just sayin.   No doubt they can be beat by a bunch of different teams on a given day, but no problem beating them?   Nah.   Got to be humble brotha!

Pretty sure all HS teams in FL would at least have somewhat of a problem playing a team like BTW in REAL FOOTBALL also! I dont pay much attention to one hand touch football....

9 minutes ago, 954gator said:

You missing the point I'm making 

I wasn't trying to imply that we would easily beat them 

I was implying that we have defeated South Florida teams in 7v7 before and we could do it in a official tournament 

While it wouldn't be easy i take offense to people implying that the only reason we made finals of FHS 7v7 tournament was because we didn't face South Florida teams

We have done it before so it's ridiculous to claim we aren't capable of winning over these teams in a tournament 

Would we dominate? No 

Would we go undefeated? No 

But we wouldn't just get beat round 1 like I'm sure people think 

Columbia....I was responding to Gator, not you big dawg. I was trying to reference that BTW is way more than a 7v7 team. They are a powerhouse in this state that would give any team headaches in a REAL FOOTBALL GAME. Crazy how you hang your hat on KOC's and scrimmage games. C'mon man you bring this stuff on yourself. Like I have said before to other posters.....Think before you type

12 minutes ago, 954gator said:

954gator...it is difficult to be humble when your team... 

• is the undisputed 7A champion of Columbia County 3 years running
  • has never lost a home playoff in an even year since the year 2000  
  • is undefeated against St Thomas Aquinas, Armwood, and Northwestern (not their fault if they didn't show up for the games)

13 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

May not be regular season but it still full team and if you watch these scrimmages you would know the bigger programs will get very physical in those games 

I not only watch those scrimmage games but I also coach in them. So yes I have a complete understanding of what they are. Teams get very competitive in those scrimmages but in the end they are a competitive practice against another team. Thats it big dawg....Starters get subbed out and even JV kids get a sniff in those scrimmages. So I will quote the great Allen Iverson, "practice man, were talking about practice....practice man"

9 minutes ago, Just A Coach said:

Columbia....I was responding to Gator, not you big dawg. I was trying to reference that BTW is way more than a 7v7 team. They are a powerhouse in this state that would give any team headaches in a REAL FOOTBALL GAME. Crazy how you hang your hat on KOC's and scrimmage games. C'mon man you bring this stuff on yourself. Like I have said before to other posters.....Think before you type

I have to

That's only chance we get to play national elite teams 

6 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

954gator...it is difficult to be humble when your team... 

• is the undisputed 7A champion of Columbia County 3 years running
  • has never lost a home playoff in an even year since the year 2000  
  • is undefeated against St Thomas Aquinas, Armwood, and Northwestern (not their fault if they didn't show up for the games)

I'm dying...classic. "has never lost a home playoff in an even year since the year 2000". Drop the mic on that one 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I have to

That's only chance we get to play national elite teams 

ColumbiaFan....this comment isn't directed at you, just a general statement.  We have driven ourselves crazy today trying to compare individual teams on paper and in non-game situations, ie games that don't "count." I do not understand why we are so compelled to do so.  

As an example....no program can legitimately claim they are the best in south FL over the past 25 years because so many of the better teams have little/no experience playing each other.  I don't care how many transfers a team got or how many D1 recruits they had or how many ranked OOS teams they played, unless they met the local titans on the field, it's all conjecture.

Touting that 7X7 tournament as a state championship...why the need to do so?  It was a nice little tournament, take it for what it is.  The reality is that with more and more classifications, it has become harder and harder to determine who the best teams really are in any one year.  IMO programs should be measured by program consistency/longevity.  When one measures that way, the great ones clearly separate themselves.     

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

ColumbiaFan....this comment isn't directed at you, just a general statement.  We have driven ourselves crazy today trying to compare individual teams on paper and in non-game situations, ie games that don't "count." I do not understand why we are so compelled to do so.  

As an example....no program can legitimately claim they are the best in south FL over the past 25 years because so many of the better teams have little/no experience playing each other.  I don't care how many transfers a team got or how many D1 recruits they had or how many ranked OOS teams they played, unless they met the local titans on the field, it's all conjecture.

Touting that 7X7 tournament as a state championship...why the need to do so?  It was a nice little tournament, take it for what it is.  The reality is that with more and more classifications, it has become harder and harder to determine who the best teams really are in any one year.  IMO programs should be measured by program consistency/longevity.  When one measures that way, the great ones clearly separate themselves.     

So longevity

So programs like ones listed in here would be among the top programs in the state by that definition 

This was in a 25 year span and it means every team here made playoffs 22/25 years or better in a quarter of century that this data was compiled

https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3728-quiz-playoff-appearances/&page=2

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So longevity

So programs like ones listed in here would be among the top programs in the state by that definition 

This was in a 25 year span and it means every team here made playoffs 22/25 years or better in a quarter of century that this data was compiled

https://floridahsfootball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3728-quiz-playoff-appearances/&page=2

That is certainly one way to measure it.  Does that mean those individual teams were amongst the best year-in and year-out....no.  But when it comes to pride, I think those programs have a solid foundation upon which to stand...versus, say, certain nationally-ranked teams today who went 20 years without making a playoff game.  That is not something about which to beat one's chest IMO.   Let's face it, just about any team today could become an "instant champion" with the right coach and players transferring in.  That's not true success in my book.