Complete Disney Schedule (Times/Dates/Locations)

nolebull813

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In 2009, an 8-3 Columbia team played Charlton County GA to a 48-48 tie.  Columbia has well over 4 times as many students as Charlton County.  In 2008, Camden County GA, a much bigger school than Charlton, beat Columbia 31-0.  I guess none of the bigger schools in GA were available in 09.:rolleyes:  Shame on those Colorado schools for not pickin' a fair fight with some of our FL schools.:)

You mean a nationally ranked and eventual 15-0 state champion Camden County? 

And Columbia went 4-6 in 08

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Idk it was under the previous head coach 

But it wasn't like we were that good that year we went 7-3 and finished 3rd in our district 

So Columbia was "only" 8-3 in 2009, so that justified scheduling a substantially smaller Louisiana school with a historically poor record. 

Shame on those OOS schools who schedule our Florida weaklings to make themselves feel better.  As you stated earlier in this thread, "They should treasure a opportunity to step on the field with a elite FL team, its a slap in the face that they want to handpick a easy game when we are offering them a great opportunity to see a great state bring teams at their best."

Image result for pot calling kettle black meme

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You mean a nationally ranked and eventual 15-0 state champion Camden County? 

And Columbia went 4-6 in 08

....so let's schedule a Class A Georgia team we can overpower to make ourselves feel better next year.  Oops, they tied us.  Maybe those little Georgia teams are tougher than we thought. 

FYI-I am not a Georgia homer.  I did two stints there and do have tremendous respect for the state's football, though  

So Columbia was "only" 8-3 in 2009, so that justified scheduling a substantially smaller Louisiana school with a historically poor record. 

Shame on those OOS schools who schedule our Florida weaklings to make themselves feel better.  As you stated earlier in this thread, "They should treasure a opportunity to step on the field with a elite FL team, its a slap in the face that they want to handpick a easy game when we are offering them a great opportunity to see a great state bring teams at their best."

Image result for pot calling kettle black meme

You are assuming a better team asked us to play

We aren't very well known on a national level so who's to say that wasn't the best team that wanted to play us

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You are assuming a better team asked us to play

We aren't very well known on a national level so who's to say that wasn't the best team that wanted to play us

C'mon ColumbiaFan, you know darn well you would not buy that excuse today if an OOS team playing an outclassed FL team used it.  If your message is that people should not jump to conclusions about scheduling without knowing all of the facts, I would suggest you start practicing what you preach buddy, because you can be pretty darn critical of OOS teams.   

As you just stated, nationally ranked Camden County played you the year before and Columbia is right on the GA line, so Columbia was not some unknown in Georgia.  Charlton County was actually a very good small school.  Although I cannot be certain, I would be willing to wager Columbia could have scheduled a more formidable foe if desired.  Both North Gwinnett and Central Gwinnett played OOS games in 2009, to name a couple.

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

C'mon ColumbiaFan, you know darn well you would not buy that excuse today if an OOS team playing an outclassed FL team used it.  If your message is that people should not jump to conclusions about scheduling without knowing all of the facts, I would suggest you start practicing what you preach buddy, because you can be pretty darn critical of OOS teams.   

As you just stated, nationally ranked Camden County played you the year before and Columbia is right on the GA line, so Columbia was not some unknown in Georgia.  Charlton County was actually a very good small school.  Although I cannot be certain, I would be willing to wager Columbia could have scheduled a formidable foe if desired.  Both North Gwinnett and Central Gwinnett played OOS games in 2009, to name a couple.

Bc FL doesn't have a reputation for avoiding elite teams

FL has played Bishop Gorman 5 times since 2011

GA has played Bishop Gorman 0 times 

Lakeland and St Thomas Aquinas have played De La Salle 

Has any GA team played them? 

GA is a very good state,  top 5 state and they have passed OH in recent years  but they never play the tough oos games as frequently as FL does and that is a fact

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

As you just stated, nationally ranked Camden County played you the year before and Columbia is right on the GA line, so Columbia was not some unknown in Georgia.  Charlton County was actually a very good small school.  Although I cannot be certain, I would be willing to wager Columbia could have scheduled a formidable foe if desired.  Both North Gwinnett and Central Gwinnett played OOS games in 2009, to name a couple.

Nolebull could prove the claims that these teams in the Disney event dodged better opponents

There isn't any evidence of us dodging teams and us playing IMG is even more proof of it

We are willing to play anyone in the country we just ain't gonna pay thousands of dollars to travel

51 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You also didn't mention that was a first year head coach in his first game ever on sideline,  don't you think that had a little to do with it

We started 0-2 that year before team starting getting better as season progressed 

So, a valid excuse for downgrading one's schedule, even a legacy program like Columbia, might be the addition of a new coach.  Well, before you criticize any teams in the future, FL or OOS, I'd suggest you do your homework about them.  There can be extenuating circumstances.  Do you know for a fact that one of the teams playing in Disney does not have a totally green coach this year?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Nolebull could prove the claims that these teams in the Disney event dodged better opponents

There isn't any evidence of us dodging teams and us playing IMG is even more proof of it

We are willing to play anyone in the country we just ain't gonna pay thousands of dollars to travel

Well, it's quite possible schools in some states feel the same way, and that is why they are not playing games against teams from the West Coast...not because they are skeered.  Here Florida is, underpaid teachers and terrible education system, and we are boasting about how we are such badasses by running around the country playing hs football.  Maybe our priorities are a bit out of whack.    

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

So, a valid excuse for downgrading one's schedule, even a legacy program like Columbia, might be the addition of a new coach.  Well, before you criticize any teams in the future, FL or OOS, I'd suggest you do your homework about them.  There can be extenuating circumstances.  Do you know for a fact that one of the teams playing in Disney does not have a totally green coach this year?  What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  

Well it sounded like you were trying to imply that we are supposed to dominate them just because they have less students

It's a very small percentage of kids at columbia that actually play sports, i see a huge portion of kids out here playing 2 or 3 sports

I would say about 200-300 total athletes play  across all sports out of 2k people

Some GA schools might have 150-200 just for the football teams

GA is a different demographic then FL 

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Well, it's quite possible schools in some states feel the same way, and that is why they are not playing games against teams from the West Coast...not because they are skeered.  Here Florida is, underpaid teachers and terrible education system, and we are boasting about how we are such badasses by running around the country playing hs football.  Maybe our priorities are a bit out of whack.    

It ain't like if we stopped doing these trips we would suddenly have a ton of money for education 

GA and TX spend tons more across the board for athletics then FL 

Couldn't the money used for those 60 million dollar stadiums in TX pay for better education essentials or higher pay for teachers? 

It's a 2 way street my friend 

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Well it sounded like you were trying to imply that we are supposed to dominate them just because they have less students

It's a very small percentage of kids at columbia that actually play sports, i see a huge portion of kids out here playing 2 or 3 sports

I would say about 200-300 total athletes play  across all sports out of 2k people

Some GA schools might have 150-200 just for the football teams

GA is a different demographic then FL 

I am certain there are numerous schools in other states who could say the same.  Trelle spoke in another post of how the schools in Colorado are so weak.  If Columbia felt a need to handicap itself in scheduling Georgia teams, we should be understanding of other states who might feel a need to do the same when coming to Florida.  

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I am certain there are numerous schools in other states who could say the same.  Trelle spoke in another post of how the schools in Colorado are so weak.  If Columbia felt a need to handicap itself in scheduling Georgia teams, we should be understanding of other states who might feel a need to do the same when coming to Florida.  

Yeah i get that

I just hate listening to people say how FL is weak because our oos record is bad when we would have no problem dominating our oos record as a state if we didn't play so many mismatches 

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It ain't like if we stopped doing these trips we would suddenly have a ton of money for education 

GA and TX spend tons more across the board for athletics then FL 

Couldn't the money used for those 60 million dollar stadiums in TX pay for better education essentials or higher pay for teachers? 

It's a 2 way street my friend 

The bigger point is that you seem to assume other states do not play as many OOS games as Florida because they are not as confident or bold.  You obviously don't appreciate people making assumptions about Columbia...and you offer lots of reasons why they do/do not do certain things.  Yet, at times, you do not hesitate to draw conclusions and judge others without having all of the facts.  If you spent as much time genuinely listening and understanding as you do defending, you would be a genius.  I have failed in that arena myself, at times.      

The bigger point is that you seem to assume other states do not play as many OOS games as Florida because they are not as confident or bold.  You obviously don't appreciate people making assumptions about Columbia...and you offer lots of reasons why they do/do not do certain things.  Yet, at times, you do not hesitate to draw conclusions and judge others without having all of the facts.  If you spent as much time genuinely listening and understanding as you do defending, you would be a genius.  I have failed in that arena myself, at times.      

I'm not perfect and yeah i do jump to conclusions 

I look at trends to fill in gaps when I don't know the inside workings of a team but if there is evidence to the contrary I'm willing to learn 

Unfortunately without inside intel anything discussed involving scheduling is speculative at best

That is something i have failed in regard before of jumping the gun and leading with emotion prior to having all the facts at my disposal 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm not perfect and yeah i do jump to conclusions 

I look at trends to fill in gaps when I don't know the inside workings of a team but if there is evidence to the contrary I'm willing to learn 

Unfortunately without inside intel anything discussed involving scheduling is speculative at best

That is something i have failed in regard before of jumping the gun and leading with emotion prior to having all the facts at my disposal 

someone lock this thread.  Columbiafan might have admitted he could be wrong:P