Complete Disney Schedule (Times/Dates/Locations)

nolebull813

Friday August 17th 7:00pm Marina HS, CA vs South Broward HS, FL 

Thursday August 23rd 3:00pm Monarch HS, CO vs Dixie Hollins HS, FL 

Thursday August 23rd 4:30pm Lakewood HS, CA vs Windermere Prep School, FL 

Thursday August 23rd 8:00pm Pomona HS, CO vs Oak Ridge HS, FL 

Friday August 24th 7:00pm Regis HS, CO vs Barron Collier HS, FL 

Thursday August 30th 7:00pm Greeley West HS, CO vs Coconut Creek HS, FL 

Thursday August 30th 7:00pm Fairview HS, CO vs Maynard Evans HS, FL - VARSITY GAME

Thursday August 30th 6:00pm Ralston Valley HS, CO vs University HS, FL

Thursday August 30th 5:30pm Columbine HS, CO vs University Orange City HS, FL

Friday August 31st 7:00pm Dakota Ridge HS, CO vs Hernando HS, FL 

Thursday September 6th 7:30pm Redondo Union HS, CA vs East Ridge HS, FL

California teams

Marina was 1-9 in 2016 and 5-5 in 2017

Redondo Union was 7-5 in 2015 and 6-5 in 2017

Pomona was 4-7 in 2016 and 6-5 in 2017 

...obviously they are coming here to defend California's honor:rolleyes:

Maybe they will play the evening games with running clocks so they can get back to the hotel and get up early the next morning to meet the Mouse.:)   

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

California teams

Marina was 1-9 in 2016 and 5-5 in 2017

Redondo Union was 7-5 in 2015 and 6-5 in 2017

Pomona was 4-7 in 2016 and 6-5 in 2017 

...obviously they are coming here to defend California's honor:rolleyes:

Maybe they will play the evening games with running clocks so they can get back to the hotel and get up early the next morning to meet the Mouse.:)   

Pomona is the defending Colorado large class champ. 

It's Lakewood who is from California. 

Out of the 11 games only 3 Florida teams will be favorites. And only slightly. There would need to be some upsets to try and get 6 wins 

Just now, nolebull813 said:

Pomona is the defending Colorado large class champ. 

It's Lakewood who is from California. 

Out of the 11 games only 3 Florida teams will be favorites. And only slightly. There would need to be some upsets to try and get 6 wins 

Duh:blink: on my part, there is a Pomona CA and I assumed it was CA.  Thanks for correcting me.

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Thursday August 30th 7:00pm Fairview HS, CO vs Maynard Evans HS, FL - VARSITY GAME

Regis Jesuit vs Barron Collier :  Barron Collier isn't a pushover.  I expect Regis to be favored but this game should show how our state's average stacks up against one of Colorado's better programs. 

26 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Regis Jesuit vs Barron Collier :  Barron Collier isn't a pushover.  I expect Regis to be favored but this game should show how our state's average stacks up against one of Colorado's better programs. 

All these games are like that. The traveling teams for the most part all picked opponents they would most likely beat. 

The 3 games I have the Florida teams winning are 

Hernando over Dakota Ridge 

Windermere Prep over Lakewood 

Coconut Creek over Greeley West 

i would have had S Broward over Marina but they lost their whole team. 

Regis Jesuit, Fairview, Monarch, Columbine, and Pomona all picked teams they feel like they can beat with no issue. 

Ralston Valley picked one of the worst teams in Florida. 

East Ridge loses everyone so Redondo Union felt good about that. 

3 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

...interesting point.  IMO, Florida's "average" or "good" teams are not necessarily better than such programs of similar school size in other states in the South.   I saw it with my own eyes.

For instance, Northside in central Georgia was #41(Maxpreps) in Georgia last year.  In Florida, they would be a 6A school.  Naples was the #40(Maxpreps) school in Florida last year and in 6A.  Knowing the history of Northside's program, they would likely give Naples everything they wanted and then some.   

Dr Phillips is traveling to play Lee County GA this season.  Lee County would be in 5A if they were in FL and they are a good/very program historically.  Except for AHP, they likely could have played with any FL team in 5A last year.

Florida's elite have a mystique about them, and deservedly so.  I sometimes sense this mystique is attributed to lesser FL programs, ie they could dominate an OOS team simply because they are from Florida.  Let's face it, if IMG, STA, AHP, Gibbons and Chaminade fell off the face of the earth today, Florida would not be nearly as special on a national scale. 

Many states in the South do not have big schools like Florida.  Clay-Chalkville is one of the better programs in Alabama .  To compare them versus one of our 8A powers is not fair because they would be a 4A school in Florida.  

I am not knocking our programs!  I am simply stating that there are lots of good/very good teams in other Southern states that could compete well in the appropriate classes in Florida, if not win.  

3 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

All these games are like that. The traveling teams for the most part all picked opponents they would most likely beat. 

The 3 games I have the Florida teams winning are 

Hernando over Dakota Ridge 

Windermere Prep over Lakewood 

Coconut Creek over Greeley West 

i would have had S Broward over Marina but they lost their whole team. 

Regis Jesuit, Fairview, Monarch, Columbine, and Pomona all picked teams they feel like they can beat with no issue. 

Ralston Valley picked one of the worst teams in Florida. 

East Ridge loses everyone so Redondo Union felt good about that. 

Nolebull...your observations may well be correct.  I would be a little careful, though, putting words in the mouths of those OOS coaches.  Who is to say that when one of them picked a team they did not think they would have a better competitor...and maybe they are now disappointed to learn otherwise.    

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

...interesting point.  IMO, Florida's "average" or "good" teams are not necessarily better than such programs of similar school size in other states in the South.   I saw it with my own eyes.

For instance, Northside in central Georgia was #41(Maxpreps) in Georgia last year.  In Florida, they would be a 6A school.  Naples was the #40(Maxpreps) school in Florida last year and in 6A.  Knowing the history of Northside's program, they would likely give Naples everything they wanted and then some.   

Dr Phillips is traveling to play Lee County GA this season.  Lee County would be in 5A if they were in FL and they are a good/very program historically.  Except for AHP, they likely could have played with any FL team in 5A last year.

Florida's elite have a mystique about them, and deservedly so.  I sometimes sense this mystique is attributed to lesser FL programs, ie they could dominate an OOS team simply because they are from Florida.  Let's face it, if IMG, STA, AHP, Gibbons and Chaminade fell off the face of the earth today, Florida would not be nearly as special on a national scale. 

Many states in the South do not have big schools like Florida.  Clay-Chalkville is one of the better programs in Alabama .  To compare them versus one of our 8A powers is not fair because they would be a 4A school in Florida.  

I am not knocking our programs!  I am simply stating that there are lots of good/very good teams in other Southern states that could compete well in the appropriate classes in Florida, if not win.  

I could do same what if game to basically any state outside of Texas and cripple their national status 

How good is CA on a national level without Mater Dei, cen10, SJB, DLS

How good is GA on a national level without Grayson, North Gwinnett, Colquitt County, Buford,  Rome 

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Nolebull...your observations may well be correct.  I would be a little careful, though, putting words in the mouths of those OOS coaches.  Who is to say that when one of them picked a team they did not think they would have a better competitor...and maybe they are now disappointed to learn otherwise.    

Bc they were offered better teams and turned them down 

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I think the opposite. We have great teams spread out and if these teams came here they would get ran off the field in the playoffs. 

No one in the nation with our 5A enrollment was getting past Gibbons or AHP. 

And when Booker T was tearing it up for 5-6 years no one with 900 in enrollment outside of some recruited privates would have stranded a chance. 

A few years ago 3A Trinity Christian beat 8A semi finalist West Orange 42-7. 

Hell in Texas the only class any teams from there would win in Florida is 8A. There smaller classes would be playing STA, Miami Central, AHP etc and would get embarrassed 

2 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

University in Orlando is one of worst teams in state i think winless last year 

Evans has been struggling for years

Dixie Hollins and Oak Ridge 

If these oos teams think when they scheduled them that they were getting a good game i question their research

@OldSchoolLion

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Don't disagree with you, but once you get outside of the Southeast, our average teams would be among the best in other states.

20 years ago, my Hardee team played a 2-time defending state champ from PA over at Disney.  One of the local schools dropped us and we had to scramble to find an opponent.  We were "informed" before the game that we didn't stand a chance.   Hardee was 3-6 that year as well as the year before.  To make matters worse, they had game film on us and we didn't receive their game film until the day of.  If not for a holding call that negated a TD, we would have won that game.  Afterwards their coach made the comment that he was glad they didn't play a Florida powerhouse. 

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I think the opposite. We have great teams spread out and if these teams came here they would get ran off the field in the playoffs. 

And when Booker T was tearing it up for 5-6 years no one with 900 in enrollment outside of some recruited privates would have stranded a chance. 

Hell in Texas the only class any teams from there would win in Florida is 8A. There smaller classes would be playing STA, Miami Central, AHP etc and would get embarrassed 

Bc 8a is more a class about depth overall but lacks elite teams in most years 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bc they were offered better teams and turned them down 

Yes I was close to the whole situation. Couple things I know for a fact happened

Lakewood CA turned down Oak Ridge cuz they said they were too tough. And picked Port Orange Atlantic who went 0-10 and lost every game by 35 plus points. Atlantic ended up canceling on them. Windermere Prep needed a week 1 last minute so they are playing. 

State Champ Pomona said Miami Columbus is too good so they picked average Oak Ridge. 

Largo and East Lake begged to come play Fairview and Ralston Valley. The CO teams said no way and picked the worst Orlando team and 10-2 Fairview picked 4 win Evans. 

21 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

Don't disagree with you, but once you get outside of the Southeast, our average teams would be among the best in other states.

20 years ago, my Hardee team played a 2-time defending state champ from PA over at Disney.  One of the local schools dropped us and we had to scramble to find an opponent.  We were "informed" before the game that we didn't stand a chance.   Hardee was 3-6 that year as well as the year before.  To make matters worse, they had game film on us and we didn't receive their game film until the day of.  If not for a holding call that negated a TD, we would have won that game.  Afterwards their coach made the comment that he was glad they didn't play a Florida powerhouse. 

I completey agree with you.  That is why I specified "Southern states."  Ohio and Pennsylvania used to be much better, but have declined since manufacturing jobs started disappearing in the Rust Belt.  Populations in some of the industrial cities in PA and OH have declined big-time.  

Southern California has a lot of depth, but not the rest of California.  

10 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Yes I was close to the whole situation. Couple things I know for a fact happened

Lakewood CA turned down Oak Ridge cuz they said they were too tough. And picked Port Orange Atlantic who went 0-10 and lost every game by 35 plus points. Atlantic ended up canceling on them. Windermere Prep needed a week 1 last minute so they are playing. 

State Champ Pomona said Miami Columbus is too good so they picked average Oak Ridge. 

Largo and East Lake begged to come play Fairview and Ralston Valley. The CO teams said no way and picked the worst Orlando team and 10-2 Fairview picked 4 win Evans. 

If you know for a fact, fair enough.  ...a suggestion, though.

We should be thrilled that teams are coming to Florida to inject money into the economy.  Think about how much money all of the people traveling with these teams will bring to Florida. 

Belittling them publicly on the internet is probably not the most welcoming thing for us to do.  Let them enjoy their time in the sun.  If they have a good experience, maybe they will come back and have more confidence to take on a better team.  In a sense, they are sticking their toe in the water.  This could be the first OOS game ever for one of these teams. 

I completey agree with you.  That is why I specified "Southern states."  Ohio and Pennsylvania used to be much better, but have declined since manufacturing jobs started disappearing in the Rust Belt.  Populations in some of the industrial cities in PA and OH have declined big-time.  

Small correction - It was 19 years ago, 1999.  Their fans were made fun of how small our offensive line was before the game. We had a couple of 180-190 lbs kids against their 300 lbs guys.  Yet we lined up in I-formation and played smash-mouth against them!  The final was 20-14.   Team was Allentown Catholic. 

A week later we lost another nail bitter against Frostproof 28-27 in OT.  This was the same Frostproof team that beat Trinity 6-0 in the 2a state championship. 

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

University in Orlando is one of worst teams in state i think winless last year 

Evans has been struggling for years

Dixie Hollins and Oak Ridge 

If these oos teams think when they scheduled them that they were getting a good game i question their research

@OldSchoolLion

I stated, "Who is to say that when one of them picked a team.."  Clearly some of them knew up front they were facing a weak team.

13 minutes ago, Hwy17 said:

I remember you guys lost 20-13. In 1999 I believe. 

These games have been going on since 98

18 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Nolebull, Have you ever lived in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, or Lousiana and seen an entire season of hs football in those states? 

11 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

If you know for a fact, fair enough.  ...a suggestion, though.

We should be thrilled that teams are coming to Florida to inject money into the economy.  Think about how much money all of the people traveling with these teams will bring to Florida. 

Belittling them publicly on the internet is probably not the most welcoming thing for us to do.  Let them enjoy their time in the sun.  If they have a good experience, maybe they will come back and have more confidence to take on a better team.  In a sense, they are sticking their toe in the water.  This could be the first OOS game ever for one of these teams. 

They are welcome to come to FL but why is it that FL has to always take the handcuffed route even as a host for a game

They should treasure a opportunity to step on the field with a elite FL team, its a slap in the face that they want to handpick a easy game when we are offering them a great opportunity to see a great state bring teams at their best,  since a oos loss won't hurt their in state chances to chase a championship why would they feel the need to go so conservativly

You said they using it as a start point, ok then in that case could you show me a list of teams who in the past from Colorado who played a easy first game then came back for a tougher game

And i respect Columbine because even though Orange City University isn't necessary elite on state level at least it shows they were trying to find a team who is winnable game but won't be some pushover 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Last time GA faced number 1 team in FL they lost 56-0

And that game was in GA against their eventual state champs

We have been discussing good/very teams, not the best versus the best.  That is a completely different discussion.  It was not for my intent for this to turn into a broad  "Florida is better than____" discussion.   As I have stated ad nauseum, Florida's hs population dwarfs most states in the South, so it is difficult to compare states in that fashion. 

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They are welcome to come to FL but why is it that FL has to always take the handcuffed route even as a host for a game

They should treasure a opportunity to step on the field with a elite FL team, its a slap in the face that they want to handpick a easy game when we are offering them a great opportunity to see a great state bring teams at their best,  since a oos loss won't hurt their in state chances to chase a championship why would they feel the need to go so conservativly

You said they using it as a start point, ok then in that case could you show me a list of teams who in the past from Colorado who played a easy first game then came back for a tougher game

And i respect Columbine because even though Orange City University isn't necessary elite on state level at least it shows they were trying to find a team who is winnable game but won't be some pushover 

ColumbiaFan....I am pretty sure this whole affair at Disney is about making money and the sponsors could care less who played as long they made money.  You are looking at this from a hardcore fan-of-the-game perspective.  Our opinion does not matter any more!  It is all about commercialization.  Get used to it.  I do not see things getting any better.