Thoughts about The Dillard vs Gibbons game

Welp on Friday night we lost to gibbons 34-12 it wasn’t a 30 point defeat like last year but nonetheless we fell to the chiefs again.

OBSERVATIONS: as expected the chiefs are very talented their qb is very elusive and can make all types of plays making something out of nothing.

their defense is big and fast and aggressive it’s very hard to run on them unless you have a huge power back with a strong O line. And their coaching for gibbons is also top notch they scheme and make key adjustments. Even at 1-2 I see gibbons still being a force in 5a.

As for DILLARD: were very SMALL on the interior on Defense and offense and were young with only 5 seniors our corners are slinder and in experience  and our qb is only a sophomore. Which gibbons exposed. Any team with size grit and coaching will put it on Dillard this year simply because we don’t have the personal. 

Our passing game wasn’t respected vs gibbons because even when the qb made good reads and good throws the wrs continued to have cold feet which allowed gibbons to crowd the box all night have one safety over the top. And boom you shut Dillard down all night knowing they have zero personal to be a passing threat so they have to run which u clog all night long. 

As I said before to @DB4 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @OldSchoolLion And @nolebull813 Dillard will not win a championship year or come close to it this is the year to establish a foundation and a identity for this new era Dillard program. And so far they are doing that they could have gave up Friday but they kept fighting. Our defense is Above avg but NOT ELITE which will keep us in a lot of games but our offense has to continue to improve and become more diverse maybe it’s been because of the teams we played vs JACKSON who haven’t given up a point in 3 weeks since losing to us then vs booker t against western who is very solid on defense then against gibbons on the road that’s a extreme tough slate of games to start. (No excuses tho).

in my opinion our games left are against 0-2 northeast 0-2 Boynton 0-2 Stranahan 1-2 ely 1-2 Boyd Anderson 0-2 archbishop McCarthy and 0-2 Hollywood hills Dillard should run that table to finish 8-2 our talent on Dillard is not elite but it’s far better then the rest of our schedule which should get us a favorable first round matchup because I don’t see norland or mnw making the playoffs. After that who knows a second round lost in the playoffs this year would be a start and a major improvement for Dillard. 

1 minute ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Welp on Friday night we lost to gibbons 34-12 it wasn’t a 30 point defeat like last year but nonetheless we fell to the chiefs again.

OBSERVATIONS: as expected the chiefs are very talented their qb is very elusive and can make all types of plays making something out of nothing.

their defense is big and fast and aggressive it’s very hard to run on them unless you have a huge power back with a strong O line. And their coaching for gibbons is also top notch they scheme and make key adjustments. Even at 1-2 I see gibbons still being a force in 5a.

As for DILLARD: were very SMALL on the interior on Defense and offense and were young with only 5 seniors our corners are slinder and in experience  and our qb is only a sophomore. Which gibbons exposed. Any team with size grit and coaching will put it on Dillard this year simply because we don’t have the personal. 

Our passing game wasn’t respected vs gibbons because even when the qb made good reads and good throws the wrs continued to have cold feet which allowed gibbons to crowd the box all night have one safety over the top. And boom you shut Dillard down all night knowing they have zero personal to be a passing threat so they have to run which u clog all night long. 

As I said before to @DB4 @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @OldSchoolLion And @nolebull813 Dillard will not win a championship year or come close to it this is the year to establish a foundation and a identity for this new era Dillard program. And so far they are doing that they could have gave up Friday but they kept fighting. Our defense is Above avg but NOT ELITE which will keep us in a lot of games but our offense has to continue to improve and become more diverse maybe it’s been because of the teams we played vs JACKSON who haven’t given up a point in 3 weeks since losing to us then vs booker t against western who is very solid on defense then against gibbons on the road that’s a extreme tough slate of games to start. (No excuses tho).

in my opinion our games left are against 0-2 northeast 0-2 Boynton 0-2 Stranahan 1-2 ely 1-2 Boyd Anderson 0-2 archbishop McCarthy and 0-2 Hollywood hills Dillard should run that table to finish 8-2 our talent on Dillard is not elite but it’s far better then the rest of our schedule which should get us a favorable first round matchup because I don’t see norland or mnw making the playoffs. After that who knows a second round lost in the playoffs this year would be a start and a major improvement for Dillard. 

Dillard will be only team in district 15 making the playoffs 

I don't see more than 1 wild card from district 13 and 14 so that leaves 3 minimum from district 16

Norland might miss playoffs but i still think MNW will do enough to make it

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Dillard will be only team in district 15 making the playoffs 

I don't see more than 1 wild card from district 13 and 14 so that leaves 3 minimum from district 16

Norland might miss playoffs but i still think MNW will do enough to make it

If we’re going by records then it will b more from those other districts simply because Miami Norland is 0-3 with games vs central Carol city mnw and I believe btw 

miami northwestern is at 1-2 with games still against img los central lost that’s 1-4 Carol city lost that’s 5 Loses right there then the soul bowl vs Jackson who is very much improved so u looking at maybe 6 loses along with norland. 

Which leaves the other schools up north getting in. 

27 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

If we’re going by records then it will b more from those other districts simply because Miami Norland is 0-3 with games vs central Carol city mnw and I believe btw 

miami northwestern is at 1-2 with games still against img los central lost that’s 1-4 Carol city lost that’s 5 Loses right there then the soul bowl vs Jackson who is very much improved so u looking at maybe 6 loses along with norland. 

Which leaves the other schools up north getting in. 

Cat 1 losses count almost the same as cat 4 wins

If the teams they lose to are good then i still see them making it

Norland is in terrible spot and i think they take too many but i think MNW sneaks one of those wins to get to 5-5 or 6-4 which will be enough 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Cat 1 losses count almost the same as cat 4 wins

If the teams they lose to are good then i still see them making it

Norland is in terrible spot and i think they take too many but i think MNW sneaks one of those wins to get to 5-5 or 6-4 which will be enough 

So if gibbons win out or finish 7-3 that would help us points wise ?

4 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

So if gibbons win out or finish 7-3 that would help us points wise ?

Yeah it would

Better they do the more points Dillard would get towards their average

If they go 8-2 they would be considered a cat 1 loss for Dillard and net 35 points towards Dillard average

If CG goes 7-3 or 6-4 then that would get Dillard 30 points (i think) towards their average

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah it would

Better they do the more points Dillard would get towards their average

If they go 8-2 they would be considered a cat 1 loss for Dillard and net 35 points towards Dillard average

If CG goes 7-3 or 6-4 then that would get Dillard 30 points (i think) towards their average

So a 8-2 finish for us which would be our best season in over 12 years and a 7-3 finish for gibbons would give us what type of seeding ?

4 minutes ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

So a 8-2 finish for us which would be our best season in over 12 years and a 7-3 finish for gibbons would give us what type of seeding ?

That i do not know 

Obviously 8-2 is a good record and being a district champion insures a top 4 seed and first round at home but problem is with so many bad teams in your District it will be tough to get a higher seed

You all won't get enough points to finish ahead of Miami 16 district champ,  whoever wins it will have a much higher average

But if BTW, CG and western do well and you all win out you might be able to get a 2 or 3 seed and depending on how others finish in wild cards you could get a favorable matchup

You all could get luck of draw and not have to see a Miami team until round 3 or you could face one in first round 

For example if Miami Carol City finishes as 1 seed and Central finishes at 5 seed and MNW finishes as 8 seed and Dillard gets a 2 or 3 seed then Dillard wouldn't face a Miami school until round 3

Carol City would face 8 seed MNW in round 1 and MC would face whoever 4 seed is

Carol City or MNW would then face winner of 4/5 seed game so we will say Carol City and Central win

Those 2 would face off round 2 and Dillard would go first 2 rounds completely safe from the Miami 16 district 

So in that scenario Dillard would only have to face 1 Miami team in regionals and if Central wins then Dillard would get that game at home

That could be Dillard best chance at a deep run

Hope that helps

17 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That i do not know 

Obviously 8-2 is a good record and being a district champion insures a top 4 seed and first round at home but problem is with so many bad teams in your District it will be tough to get a higher seed

You all won't get enough points to finish ahead of Miami 16 district champ,  whoever wins it will have a much higher average

But if BTW, CG and western do well and you all win out you might be able to get a 2 or 3 seed and depending on how others finish in wild cards you could get a favorable matchup

You all could get luck of draw and not have to see a Miami team until round 3 or you could face one in first round 

For example if Miami Carol City finishes as 1 seed and Central finishes at 5 seed and MNW finishes as 8 seed and Dillard gets a 2 or 3 seed then Dillard wouldn't face a Miami school until round 3

Carol City would face 8 seed MNW in round 1 and MC would face whoever 4 seed is

Carol City or MNW would then face winner of 4/5 seed game so we will say Carol City and Central win

Those 2 would face off round 2 and Dillard would go first 2 rounds completely safe from the Miami 16 district 

So in that scenario Dillard would only have to face 1 Miami team in regionals and if Central wins then Dillard would get that game at home

That could be Dillard best chance at a deep run

Hope that helps

Helps a lot look forward to seeing how this pans out