10 Interesting Games This Week

OldSchoolLion

IMG Academy(3-0) vs Mater Dei, CA(3-1)   First meeting ever

4A BT Washington(2-2) @ 6ANorthwestern(2-2)  Northwestern has won 5 of the past 8 games.  6 of 8 games were decided by 7 points or less.  NW won the past 3 seasons , including 14-7 last year. 

8ASouth Dade(4-0) @ 5AJackson(3-1)  South Dade has won the past 3 meetings in close fashion, including a 14-7 win last season.

6AMiami Central(3-1) @ 7ASt Thomas Aquinas(4-0)   First meeting ever

5AAmerican Heritage Plantation(3-1) @ 3AChaminade-Madonna(3-1)   AHP has dominated this series of late, winning the past 5 meetings, including a 41-13 win last season 

8AVero Beach(4-0) @ 1APahokee(2-1)   Vero won last season 28-13

7AViera(1-3) @ 4ACocoa(2-1)   Cocoa is 4-0 in the series, including a 24-17 2OT win last season

8AMiami Southridge(3-1) @ 5ARockledge(4-0)   First meeting ever?

1AMadison County(4-0) @ 7AColumbia(4-0)   Madison County has won the past 6 meetings convincingly, including a 42-28 win last season.  The Cowboys are on a 30-game regular season win streak.

6APine Forest(3-0) @ 6ANavarre(4-0)  These two have met twice in the past 10 years, each team winning once.  Navarre won last season 27-14.

5 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

So you mean a team that cheated can or should win the national championship? Just saying.

IMG gets claims at number 1 in FL despite being a independent who can do things that would get any public school a death penalty 

I hope Mater Dei blasts IMG since apparently everyone thinks IMG is going to win 5k games in a row or something 

13 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

So you mean a team that cheated can or should win the national championship? Just saying.

I don't look at some clerical error as cheating

When i think of cheating i think of teams that intentionally go out of the way to use rules in their favor to get a competitive edge 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I don't look at some clerical error as cheating

When i think of cheating i think of teams that intentionally go out of the way to use rules in their favor to get a competitive edge 

Apparently they had to forfeit a game. So, it wasn't some little thing. A shoplifter and a car jacker are both crimes for stealing. They both get arrested and prosecuted. Is the shop lifter any less guilty of stealing?

2 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Apparently they had to forfeit a game. So, it wasn't some little thing. A shoplifter and a car jacker are both crimes for stealing. They both get arrested and prosecuted. Is the shop lifter any less guilty of stealing?

So did Lincoln 

I didn't say they shouldn't be punished, they had to forfeit a game they won on the field but i don't think either team was trying to intentionally cheat anyone, if they did why would they self report the infraction knowing the likely result would be taking a forfeit 

The teams that i would worry about being cheaters are the ones who knowingly have a ineligible player or are doing something against the rules and choose to continue hoping they won't get caught

22 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So did Lincoln 

I didn't say they shouldn't be punished, they had to forfeit a game they won on the field but i don't think either team was trying to intentionally cheat anyone, if they did why would they self report the infraction knowing the likely result would be taking a forfeit 

The teams that i would worry about being cheaters are the ones who knowingly have a ineligible player or are doing something against the rules and choose to continue hoping they won't get caught

Columbiafan you can't be that naive. What coaching staff and AD doesn't know they have an ineligible player? They just got caught. How many other "ineligible" players do they actually have, or infringement of the rules have they broken, wherein they have not yet been found out?  Where there is smoke there is fire. I believe that IMG does not break the rules and does not get taken to task by the FHSAA because they don't need to break the rules. They have the super star players already. Mater Dei needs so many incoming transfers every year to remain competitive with teams like IMG. I just don't think that any team that "cheats" should be considered a candidate for national champion regardless of their record. Cheat once or 100 times. Same same. 

10 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Columbiafan you can't be that naive. What coaching staff and AD doesn't know they have an ineligible player? They just got caught. How many other "ineligible" players do they actually have, or infringement of the rules have they broken, wherein they have not yet been found out?  Where there is smoke there is fire. I believe that IMG does not break the rules and does not get taken to task by the FHSAA because they don't need to break the rules. They have the super star players already. Mater Dei needs so many incoming transfers every year to remain competitive with teams like IMG. I just don't think that any team that "cheats" should be considered a candidate for national champion regardless of their record. Cheat once or 100 times. Same same. 

you joking right?  If any public school in FL did what IMG does to get players they would get SMU'ed by the FHSAA and i don't know how it can be argued otherwise 

IMG openly recruits players,  it isn't "Recruiting by reputation" like others in FL do and get away with it,  IMG bluntly recruits and proudly does it 

Name 1 school in FL that gets to recruit to the extent of IMG and have no punishment 

45 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

you joking right?  If any public school in FL did what IMG does to get players they would get SMU'ed by the FHSAA and i don't know how it can be argued otherwise 

IMG openly recruits players,  it isn't "Recruiting by reputation" like others in FL do and get away with it,  IMG bluntly recruits and proudly does it 

Name 1 school in FL that gets to recruit to the extent of IMG and have no punishment 

There are other posts specifically related to IMG, where it would be more appropriate for discussions about the ethics of IMG.

I created this post to hear the opinions of others concerning those games listed above or any other interesting ones, not belabored opinions about IMG.  So please take it elsewhere.

13 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

There are other posts specifically related to IMG, where it would be more appropriate for discussions about the ethics of IMG.

I created this post to hear the opinions of others concerning those games listed above or any other interesting ones, not belabored opinions about IMG.  So please take it elsewhere.

Who are you?  Their daddy?  might be lol

11 minutes ago, badbird said:

that's not cheating.  Using the rules to benefit you is smart.

This probably describes what I mean much better than the first one

On 9/15/2018 at 1:33 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wow, a Northwestern vs Booker T matchup and nobody is talking about it.  If anyone has given up on the Bulls, you may want to reconsider.  They lit up the Tornadoes last night.  47 points is the most points I can remember BTW giving up in the modern era. 

The Bulls' two losses were to very good teams..South Dade and Columbus....and both were close games.  The Bulls could come into their district matchups with 3 losses and have folks lulled to sleep.   

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Wow, a Northwestern vs Booker T matchup and nobody is talking about it.  If anyone has given up on the Bulls, you may want to reconsider.  They lit up the Tornadoes last night.  47 points is the most points I can remember BTW giving up in the modern era. 

The Bulls' two losses were to very good teams..South Dade and Columbus....and both were close games.  The Bulls could come into their district matchups with 3 losses and have folks lulled to sleep.   

Miami nw has img next week 

1 hour ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Maybe if img would have won tonight maybe just maybe mnw could have possibly bought them slipping but after tonight img is gonna try and put a running clock on mnw 

9 hours ago, “PANTHER NATION(CODE BLUE) said:

Miami nw has img next week 

That will be tough now that IMG  lost

I saw what IMG did coming off falling in kickoff classic when they went up to PA, this Mater Dei loss is going to make the next game a tough one to walk into if you are MNW 

On other hand maybe MNW catches them while IMG is still stunned by defeat

We will find out 

I keep waiting for South Dade to stumble but looks they took out an always scrappy Jackson team rather easily.  And Southridge traveled to Rockledge and beat a solid Rockledge squad.  8AD16 battle with Southridge, South Dade, Palmetto will be interesting for sure

Looks like Navarre vs Pine Forest was a thriller.

https://www.pnj.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2018/09/21/navarre-stuns-pine-forest-mind-boggling-finish/1338989002/