Some Love for Columbus

OldSchoolLion

I watched Columbus demolish Miami High 43-0.  Also watched the Vero game.  I see Vero is ahead of Columbus in our site's poll.  To be honest, if those teams played each other this weekend, Columbus likely would have easily beaten them, ie 14-21 points.  Columbus has a very athletic team...aggressive defense and they can score points.  ...one of the more balanced teams I have seen play this year.  Forget the computers, the eye test makes this one an easy call.  Am not going out of my way to call out Vero here..just happened to see both teams play and know both are ranked.

Columbus appears to be on a collision course with South Dade in the 8AR4 playoffs, but Southridge cannot be forgotten, after pulling off an impressive win over a good Palmetto team last night..     

4 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

I watched Columbus demolish Miami High 43-0.  Also watched the Vero game.  I see Vero is ahead of Columbus in our site's poll.  To be honest, if those teams played each other this weekend, Columbus likely would have easily beaten them, ie 14-21 points.  Columbus has a very athletic team...aggressive defense and they can score points.  ...one of the more balanced teams I have seen play this year.  Forget the computers, the eye test makes this one an easy call.  Am not going out of my way to call out Vero here..just happened to see both teams play and know both are ranked.

Columbus appears to be on a collision course with South Dade in the 8AR4 playoffs, but Southridge cannot be forgotten, after pulling off an impressive win over a good Palmetto team last night..     

Like I've been saying a team like Riverview is probably going to end our season very early 

3 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Aye ion know bout that 

I’m telling you man Vero Beach has a special team this year. They look better than previous years and their defense this year is the real deal. As long as they stay consistent with the passing game and their defense keeps up like this, Vero Beach is going to be the 2018 Class 8a State Champion. 

11 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m telling you man Vero Beach has a special team this year. They look better than previous years and their defense this year is the real deal. As long as they stay consistent with the passing game and their defense keeps up like this, Vero Beach is going to be the 2018 Class 8a State Champion. 

One game at a time.  Westwood is next.  

30 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I’m gonna have to agree with Floridatech and Old Schoollion on this one. I’ve been a Vero fan for over 30 years, and I see them out in the 2nd to 3rd round again. Teams in this area just don’t have the hard nosed “nastiness” that you see in the Dade County and elsewhere elites, and usually get exposed 2nd or 3rd round. 

If there is a slight difference this year is their district: Vero Beach, Centennial and Treasure Coast (without mentioning a scrappy FP Central) are a combined 15-2 with wins over Venice, Pahokee and Cocoa, so whoever wins this district will have to earn it every game. 

IMO: Vero ‘s playoff issues stem from coasting after game 3 and not being tested for nearly 2 months (due to a weak district) and once they are behind there is a sense of panic as a result.

This season, Vero has been behind multiple times and has had to either come from behind or hold on to win. If Westwood and Treasure Coast play as they have this season, Vero has their hands full until their bye. If they somehow manage to make it through to the end of the year, they may be better equipped for the playoffs this year. 

BTW: I thought this was a thread about Columbus...lol

33 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I’m gonna have to agree with Floridatech and Old Schoollion on this one. I’ve been a Vero fan for over 30 years, and I see them out in the 2nd to 3rd round again. Teams in this area just don’t have the hard nosed “nastiness” that you see in the Dade County and elsewhere elites, and usually get exposed 2nd or 3rd round. 

If there is a slight difference this year is their district: Vero Beach, Centennial and Treasure Coast (without mentioning a scrappy FP Central) are a combined 15-2 with wins over Venice, Pahokee and Cocoa, so whoever wins this district will have to earn it every game. 

IMO: Vero ‘s playoff issues stem from coasting after game 3 and not being tested for nearly 2 months (due to a weak district) and once they are behind there is a sense of panic as a result.

This season, Vero has been behind multiple times and has had to either come from behind or hold on to win. If Westwood and Treasure Coast play as they have this season, Vero has their hands full until their bye. If they somehow manage to make it through to the end of the year, they may be better equipped for the playoffs this year. 

I made the mistake of mentioning Vero.  :)  LOL

I mentioned the word "balance" earlier.  I am seeing a lack of that this year, even in some of the ranked teams.  ...teams struggling to get into rhythms offensively.  That is why I called out Columbus....nice balance last night.   

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Vero Beach didn’t panic when they played Venice or Pahokee, that’s for sure. I don’t agree with you about the “nastiness” part. Vero Beach is a good ball club and has been playing excellent football this year with wins over Venice, Pahokee, and Centennial, all quality football teams that have won States at some point or another. But where is your optimism? I’m sure that Vero Beach will win states this year. Like I said before, your defense is legit this year, holding Venice, Centennial and Pahokee to only a combined 55 points, and all of those games were on the road too. Your passing game is insane, it’s clear you guys have a veteran squad this year with one hell of a quarterback too. This is the year of the Vero Beach Fighting Indians, I am telling you!