Wekiva vs Apopka

1mustangW

47 minutes ago, 1mustangW said:

Was hoping to hear your thoughts on last nights game @DarterBlue2.

Wekiva's defense dominated Apopka last night. In 20 seasons this is the first running clock I have seen Apopka get and that includes multiple state title and semifinal appearances . Apopka had only three good plays all night and two got called back for penalties. I won't share my opinion on whether I thought they were legit or not.

But even if they were not called, it probably would not have made a difference. The dagger in the heart was the 100 yard pick six. 

Congratulations to Wekiva. Go win state!

32 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Wekiva's defense dominated Apopka last night. In 20 seasons this is the first running clock I have seen Apopka get and that includes multiple state title and semifinal appearances . Apopka had only three good plays all night and two got called back for penalties. I won't share my opinion on whether I thought they were legit or not.

But even if they were not called, it probably would not have made a difference. The dagger in the heart was the 100 yard pick six. 

Congratulations to Wekiva. Go win state!

Did you feel like coach Darlington quit by punting on 4th and 4 from Wekivas 40? Just felt like they’re side didn’t think they had a chance last night.

52 minutes ago, 1mustangW said:

Did you feel like coach Darlington quit by punting on 4th and 4 from Wekivas 40? Just felt like they’re side didn’t think they had a chance last night.

Coach has a very good football mind. I am not going to second guess his decision. 

Had Apopka not been called for the penalty on the opening kickoff, the game may have been more competitive. But that is speculation on my part. 

Like i said, go win State. The north bracket provides you with a clear path to get there. 

11 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Coach has a very good football mind. I am not going to second guess his decision. 

Had Apopka not been called for the penalty on the opening kickoff, the game may have been more competitive. But that is speculation on my part. 

Like i said, go win State. The north bracket provides you with a clear path to get there. 

the hold on the kick off was a hold.  The hold on the touch down called back was very questionable.  Not sure it mattered.  Wekiva was the better team.  Apopka wanted to stop the run and make the Wekiva QB beat them.  He did.  Wekiva has improved on offense and if they play like that have a great chance to win state and are probably the favorite.

2 minutes ago, badbird said:

the hold on the kick off was a hold.  The hold on the touch down called back was very questionable.  Not sure it mattered.  Wekiva was the better team.  Apopka wanted to stop the run and make the Wekiva QB beat them.  He did.  Wekiva has improved on offense and if they play like that have a great chance to win state and are probably the favorite.

1. I agree.

2. Wekiva has a great chance of making the state title game and are the best team in the North bracket in my opinion. I have not seen enough video of Columbus, Atlantic, Deerfield Beach or South Dade/Palmetto/South Ridge to determine whether I would favor Wekiva in the title game.