Top 10 teams in the Panhandle

Joshua Wilson

Which teams do you think will be the Top 10 teams to start of the 2014 season in the Panhandle.

Panhandle includes areas west of the Time Zone line. Only Central Time team not included is Wewahitchka. They are part of the Big Bend Area.

My initial thoughts on a Top 5 so far:

1. Niceville

2. Escambia

3. Tate

4. Blountstown

5. Navarre

Interested in hearing your thoughts

- Josh

Which teams do you think will be the Top 10 teams to start of the 2014 season in the Panhandle.

Panhandle includes areas west of the Time Zone line. Only Central Time team not included is Wewahitchka. They are part of the Big Bend Area.

My initial thoughts on a Top 5 so far:

1. Niceville

2. Escambia

3. Tate

4. Blountstown

5. Navarre

Interested in hearing your thoughts

- Josh

Niceville will again be #1....I dont know much about Tate though. Escambia, Blountstown and Navarre should all be contenders in 2014....I'll try and amass my top 5 in the coming weeks 

This is an early shot, on my end, but things will change. Top rankings will come out next week and we will know for sure then. 

However, just don't discredit 1A football considering they make up half the teams in the Panhandle.

I think I remember Blountstown came about in the early 00s and made a state title game and brought basically the entire town with them...I have never forgotten dropping my draw as they packed their side of Doak Cambell 

I think I remember Blountstown came about in the early 00s and made a state title game and brought basically the entire town with them...I have never forgotten dropping my draw as they packed their side of Doak Cambell

That is because when you are half an hour away you will bring the entire town! LOL

i think the 1A title should be played at a big stadium west of Tallahassee. 

Is there a multi purpose stadium from Pensacola to Tallahassee that is not on a schools's campus?

Nope...and the FHSAA has to play all games at one stadium. Contracts spell that out.

It was 2004 and they lost to Ft Mead 42 to 38 in the Swamp not Doak.