Jump to content

  • Announcements

    • Joshua Wilson

      Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

      Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

      Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

      For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 
Sign in to follow this  
Hwy17

North Marion

Recommended Posts


On 9/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, Hwy17 said:

What's the 411 on this team?  I know that they were state runner-up last year and they have blown out their first two opponents. What type of offense do they run?  

They usually one of most toughest and Scrappy teams out there, very well run program

 

Haven't seen them yet but I will see them November 1st 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 4:22 PM, Hwy17 said:

What's the 411 on this team?  I know that they were state runner-up last year and they have blown out their first two opponents. What type of offense do they run?  

To tell you the truth Hwy17 North Marion was a very good team last season due to basically one player, Sr QB Corey Wilsher who threw for over 2,500 yards and a couple of Sr RB's that combined for 2,600 yards rushing. They no longer have Wilsher and those RB's. They do have a Sr laden receiving core if there is a QB who can hit them. Their first two opponents were both pretty weak, Palatka and Forest. In the next 3 weeks that have Hardee, Gainesville, and Vanguard to deal with. I don't really think they will do well against them. Although, if they can get by them then they have clear sailing with the exception of Columbia in their last game. I believe they ran a Pro Set with Wilsher. Don't know what they are running this season, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Proseteye said:

To tell you the truth Hwy17 North Marion was a very good team last season due to basically one player, Sr QB Corey Wisher who threw for over 2,500 yards and a couple of Sr RB's that combined for 2,600 yards rushing. They no longer have Wilsher and those RB's. They do have a Sr laden receiving core if there is a QB who can hit them. Their first two opponents were both pretty weak, Palatka and Forest. In the next 3 weeks that have Hardee, Gainesville, and Vanguard to deal with. I don't really think they will do well against them. Although, if they can get by them then they have clear sailing with the exception of Columbia in their last game. I believe they ran a Pro Set with Wilsher. Don't know what they are running this season, though.

Thanks!  We play them this week is why I ask.  Both they and us had to re-schedule our games from last week so we're both coming off an open date. From what little bit I've seen on Hudl, it looks like they run spread out of the shotgun, and their roster is similar to ours.  I'm looking forward to a great game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hwy17 said:

Thanks!  We play them this week is why I ask.  Both they and us had to re-schedule our games from last week so we're both coming off an open date. From what little bit I've seen on Hudl, it looks like they run spread out of the shotgun, and their roster is similar to ours.  I'm looking forward to a great game.  

North Marion QB Quinton Gross is only a Junior. However, in the championship game against Cardinal Gibbons, he came in for Wilsher who went down in the first quarter with an injury. He did pretty well driving the Colts for a score. From there on he did not do much of anything. He has little experience as I don't think he got to play much last season. I do know that he throws a few interceptions. The game is at Hardee so advantage to Hardee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

North Marion QB Quinton Gross is only a Junior. However, in the championship game against Cardinal Gibbons, he came in for Wilsher who went down in the first quarter with an injury. He did pretty well driving the Colts for a score. From there on he did not do much of anything. He has little experience as I don't think he got to play much last season. I do know that he throws a few interceptions. The game is at Hardee so advantage to Hardee.

Against Port Charlotte we got burned on the deep pass. Partly due to an over aggressive secondary.  As usual,  we have a good defensive front and a good running game.   We're really excited about playing this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×