Quantcast

Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

First Round Results - Was RPI Worth It?

Below are 5A-8A teams that survived the first round who were not district champions.  Teams in bold were not district runners-up.  4 "RPI system teams" made it past the first round.  So was all of the fuss really worth it?  By the way, the results of the last system we used were similar.  

8A-R3 Treasure Coast (district runner-up)

8A-R4 Miami (district runner-up)

7A-R1 Lincoln (3rd place in district)

7A-R2 Bloomingdale (district runner-up)

7A-R2 Tampa Bay Tech (district runner-up)

7A-R3 Venice (district runner-up)

7A-R4 Plantation (district runner-up)

6A-R1 Columbia (district runner-up)

6A-R2 Clearwater (district runner-up)

6A-R3 Port Charlotte (district runner-up)

6A-R3 Charlotte (3rd place in district)

5A-R1 Godby (tied for district runner-up)

5A-R2 Vanguard (district runner-up)

5A-R2 North Marion (3rd place in district)

5A-R3 Atlantic (4th place in district)

5A-R3 Chamberlain (district runner-up)

5A-R4 Killian (district runner-up)

5A-R4 N Miami Beach (district runner-up)

Of the 18 teams in the original post, only 4 remain.  And only one of those...Charlotte...is an "RPI team."   So, all of the fuss over RPI, and it is still pretty much the district champions and a handful of others playing for regional titles. 

7A-R3 Venice (district runner-up)

6A-R3 Charlotte (3rd place in district)

5A-R1 Godby (tied for district runner-up)

5A-R2 Vanguard (district runner-up)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Not sure, but Miami-Dade, Palm Beach and Broward make up what 35-40 percent of the schools in FHSAA football wise. That is a big chunk.  I am not talking just dropping out because of positive tests. I mean a Tri-County League has been mentioned. All teams from the counties from the start if rest of the state starts on time.  Again that is extreme last resort, but it has been mentioned.  Same with just doing individual county leagues has been mentioned down here.  As for if just this year or carry over to next would depend on a lot with the virus situation. South Florida 100% will not be ready to go July 27th that is for sure.
    • Not sure who it is but I am impressed
    • I’m interested in how schools whose players come back positive and drop out of the FHSAA will decide to handle the 2021 season as well. It’s a year away, but if the pandemic is still around then, how would they restart their schedule? I believe that this pandemic will in some way change the way football at the high school level is played. I wouldn’t know about the flu 40 years ago because I’m only in my 20s, but I would assume that a long term crisis could have lasting affects on football, if not some permanent changes.
    • Proset is clearly an idiot with an ideological bias and should be ignored. You will gain nothing arguing with a fool!
    • Also, The Flu only kills about 35,000 people a year in the US. 2 years ago we had the highest total in 40 years and hit the 70,000 people keep using.  That is double the norm.   Broward superintendent came out right away after mandate and said starting 5 days a week isn't likely in Broward.  As for football, Broward just pushed back summer workouts again to the 20th.  That is likely to be moved as well.  If the FHSAA really pushes forward with the start of the season on time or even back 2 weeks don't be surprised if South Florida (outside of maybe large private schools) pulls out of FHSAA and does their own thing this year. It has been discussed.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Popular Contributors