List some interesting non traditional Regular season matchups.

nolebull813

What I mean by the subject is can anyone find an in state game between 2 schools that seems very random, and interesting. maybe they never played before, or any circumstance.

for example, 3A University from Ft Lauderdale traveled all the way North to play 7A Leesburg of all teams. it was a strange match up.

Here is one. Bolles at Hernando week 1. Normally you wouldn't see Bolles travel down to the middle of no-where. Brooksville of all places to play a game. I cant remember Bolles coming this far down Southwest to play a regular season game. When I seen this game listed, I just looked at it as such a random and interesting game

Here is something kind of interesting. the Walton Braves are in Class 4A with over 1,000 students, and they are playing an eye-popping 6 teams from 1A Rural!!!!

Blountstown, Freeport, Holmes County, Northview, Chipley, and South Walton.

Its a gas saver, but come on! lol

Other high games that are high profile games would be University vs Manatee, and St Thomas Aquinas vs Miami Northwestern.

also Miami Northwestern is playing Glades Central.

I am very excited for Raiders v Bulls non traditional yes but it is going to be one of the biggest games in FLA once the season comes around. STA ranked #16 in MaxPreps pre season top 25 in the NATION. NWestern is very good but their schedule is BRUTAL we shall see though excited to see what they got.

Guest backjudgedeen

Ocala Forest host Leesburg and Nature Coast this year, they play these teams like hardly ever and I mean never!! lol!!

Trinity Catholic (Ocala) host P.K Yonge,I believe P.K is new to the district, the bad news... it's at Trinity

have to check for more but those kinda struck me as some strange ones

oh yeah! one more Belleview travels to Suwannee County (Live Oak) also a new district match-up, they better make sure they put enough gas in that bus, or they may run out by the time they reach Branford haha!!, Well...depending on which way they go lol!!! its a long haul either way :-)

Guest Gridiron5

USchool vs. Cypress (Both in Top 10 in SoFla), Columbus vs. Plantation Heritage,  American Heritage could start the season 0-3.

The Suns might be 2-0 by that game, and if they get through, then Manatee would be next possible loss.

USchool vs. Cypress (Both in Top 10 in SoFla), Columbus vs. Plantation Heritage,  American Heritage could start the season 0-3.

The Suns might be 2-0 by that game, and if they get through, then Manatee would be next possible loss.

USchool vs Cypress Bay will be an awesome game! Same with Columbus and Heritage. Agreed very possible Heritage could start 0-3.....can't wait to see what USchool does this yr

Guest Gridiron5

USchool still has to prove themselves, i mean i wouldn't have a problem seeing them out in the National top 25, it's just that schedule, they may be asking for more than they could deal with. Manatee beat a young, but talented Miramar team pretty good, beat Central decent, but was ousted by the Raiders, and Norland has the guns to take USchool out, wouldn't be an upset in my view, more so if Glades Central beats USchool, the "Muck" honestly hasn't been that much the same, GC still decent, Pahokee not much. 

USchool still has to prove themselves, i mean i wouldn't have a problem seeing them out in the National top 25, it's just that schedule, they may be asking for more than they could deal with. Manatee beat a young, but talented Miramar team pretty good, beat Central decent, but was ousted by the Raiders, and Norland has the guns to take USchool out, wouldn't be an upset in my view, more so if Glades Central beats USchool, the "Muck" honestly hasn't been that much the same, GC still decent, Pahokee not much. 

Couldn't agree with you more the Muck hasnt been what it once was over the past couple of years. You make very valid points but if USchool runs through their schedule with 1 or 2 losses I'd have them winning it all cause that schedule is BRUTAL. Norland beating US wouldnt be an upset IMO either truthfully.