Happy Turkey day

DisabledAccount

Another year another Thanksgiving and it's a good time to reflect and acknowledge what we have to be thankful for even in a year as tough as this one has brought to people, one thing I learned quickly this year is nothing is guaranteed and one minute you could be having a normal life and then within a moment you can have it taken on a rollercoaster with no end in sight as sometimes things will come around that cause a major change to your daily life

As much as this board has changed and even though I don't get along with everyone on here I don't regret joining in the first place because I have met a few people on here I am glad to call a friend

As we head towards the end of this challenging year I feel like it won't be long before we cross over into something resembling a more positive normal than the normal of this year but it made me realize you can't take things for granted because nothing will be guaranteed and you got to enjoy the ride more so than just the winning and losing of life because nothing will be perfect and those challenges is what makes life truly worth fighting for 

Before the school season I set 2 goals, one unfortunately fell short but I still look forward to goal number 2 in the spring and I'm very confident I will complete that one but in the mean time I'm just enjoying the ride and seeing many young leaders and people grow into the type of people who will change the world and I'm hoping for the best as they travel this journey 

33 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Another year another Thanksgiving and it's a good time to reflect and acknowledge what we have to be thankful for even in a year as tough as this one has brought to people, one thing I learned quickly this year is nothing is guaranteed and one minute you could be having a normal life and then within a moment you can have it taken on a rollercoaster with no end in sight as sometimes things will come around that cause a major change to your daily life

As much as this board has changed and even though I don't get along with everyone on here I don't regret joining in the first place because I have met a few people on here I am glad to call a friend

As we head towards the end of this challenging year I feel like it won't be long before we cross over into something resembling a more positive normal than the normal of this year but it made me realize you can't take things for granted because nothing will be guaranteed and you got to enjoy the ride more so than just the winning and losing of life because nothing will be perfect and those challenges is what makes life truly worth fighting for 

Before the school season I set 2 goals, one unfortunately fell short but I still look forward to goal number 2 in the spring and I'm very confident I will complete that one but in the mean time I'm just enjoying the ride and seeing many young leaders and people grow into the type of people who will change the world and I'm hoping for the best as they travel this journey 

Those are very profound words, young man.  Think of life as a dance.  Why we do we dance?  We do not normally dance to win.  We do not dance to get to the end of the dance(goals).  We dance for the sheer joy of dancing and live in the moment we are doing so.  A lot of old folks don't figure this out until the end. 

Some kids today are afraid to play football or do other activities because they will not be good at it.  We've drilled into their heads that life is about being "good" and "winning" instead of teaching them to find joy in the sheer act of doing things.  You'll miss out on a ton of fun stuff in life if you are afraid to fail.