IMG 49, Cocoa 7... It ain't an even field.

Cat_Scratch

The Stars were out Friday night...

IMG has a great QB in Patterson and a compliment of WR's to match his talent. The first stringer offense for IMG only needed the ball for about 10 seconds to put a hurt on Cocoa's defense. The passing for IMG is that good. However, IMG had many holding penalties. I've never seen as many holding calls or personal fouls, at least 8 PF's, as I saw Friday night. Add 2 unnecessary roughness and that was how it went. Cocoa may have had 3 fouls called against them in 4 quarters of play. The Ref's were on top of it all night and called it fairly well in my opinion.

On the bright side for Cocoa. They stopped IMG's run game for most of the night and Timmy Pratt ran for about 5 yards a carry through that very big D-line. Judson was hurt in the middle of the first quarter and that ruined any chance for a passing game. IMG was loading the line on defense but Pratt still ground out at least a 100 yards. Judson was taken out after a fairly late hit in the ribs after a pass that took him out of the game. Hopefully he will be back for the St. Edward game.

I take my hat off to AHP even though IMG sat some of their star players for that game. Not to take any credit from AHP because they put it on IMG, but sitting 3 of your top players can make a little difference.

'If any team beats IMG this year in regular season play I will be surprised. They are truly an All-Star team with some top caliber athletes. This will be a telling year for the Ascenders, first DeSoto, then Miramar and now Cocoa had a big hurt put on them. I'm here to tell the HS football world that recruiting a national all-star team isn't close to being on the same playing level, they are a level above the rest. The talent IMG assembled is impressive. It was easy to see 3 future NFL talent level guys on that field last night for IMG. Patterson, Nauta, and Smith should have a career in Football. 

For Cocoa, Pratt and Taylor were there to play at the same level. Too bad Judson was hurt so early in the game. Was looking forward to seeing if he could pass on the IMG defense. Pratt and Taylor were outstanding against that all-star team.

IMG looks like they are ready for the next level and it will be interesting to see what they do in New Jersey at Bergen next week. Want to see if they can stop their running attack, and if Guarantano can pass on that huge defense. Should be a telling game to see if Cocoa and the rest of the teams that lost to IMG are that bad or if IMG is really that good.

IMG does have a nice facility. All very professional and NFL standards all they way. The ex Chicago Bears QB and IMG coach, Steve Walsh, seemed like an excellent guy. He came over and chatted with the Cocoa side for awhile. 

I believe IMG tried to get 2 million in funding from the state when they were putting together the budget. Scott shut it down but that forever made me have a bad taste in my mouth when watching IMG. 

I just read where IMG has been funded for 7 million over the last few years. They have almost 600 acres of land for their campus. 580 to be almost exact. 

of the 16 coaches and trainers, 7 have been the NFL for a combined total of 44 years. And we wonder why it cost almost 80 thousand a year to go to IMG.

Any update on Judson's condition? Will he be able to play next week?

Jusdon will not play tonight at Lake Highland Prep. He may not play in the Viera game. He really wants to play in the Viera game because some of the Viera people are saying they are going to beat Cocoa. They have been king of Brevard long enough.

Jusdon will not play tonight at Lake Highland Prep. He may not play in the Viera game. He really wants to play in the Viera game because some of the Viera people are saying they are going to beat Cocoa. They have been king of Brevard long enough.

I saw on Twitter last night that Judson will be back to practice Monday.