FHSAA JUST POSTED PLAYOFF BRACKETS

Ray Icaza

20 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

I had the wrong formula.  I stand corrected and feel a bit foolish for my rants.  The formula I had in my mind was 50% your win percentage vs the actual 35%.  Looking at the 35%-35%-30% model, there is still a fatal flaw with it.  A 70 point loss to a 10-0 team is the same RPI as a 1 pt loss to a 10-0 team.  Similarly, a 10-0 team that dominates a weak region typically gets whupped in the playoffs when they run into the south FL teams that have worse records because they beat up on each other.  I totally get they cant have something overly complicated that involves a staff of statisticians nor can they add in win margin which would encourage running up the scores.  I actually thought the old way of district winner plus runner up was good and very clear what you had to do to get into the playoffs.  Nobody now has a clear picture of what they have to do to make the playoffs other than win your district which sucks if youre stuck in the same district as a perennial monster team that recruits.  Your team may never get to the playoffs.

Yeah but why people mad at madison they don't recruit anyone.  

On 11/9/2021 at 6:19 PM, Jesse said:

Yeah but why people mad at madison they don't recruit anyone.  

Most communities your size don't have the winning tradition for decades that Madison has, so that is certainly admired by most people that follow high school football including myself.  Maybe some are jealous or have other motives for criticizing some of your post but you should continue to plug your Cowboys as they are a constant in the playoff picture for small schools.