Metro/Suburban Plan voted on. PASSED

Nulli Secundus

Metro/Suburban Plan  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Metro Plan Pass or Fail??

• New plan will pass?
    • New plan will fail?
    • Vote will be postponed?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/01/2022 at 11:00 PM

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

That's awesome. No Venice, though? I thought they were scheduled for Week 6?

I'm missing a game so that could very well be the case. Half of the games I don't have in order other than the KOC, STA, Eau Gallie, Sanford Seminole and Rockledge 

Saint Frances is apparently coming down week 4 to take on Venice. Should be a much better game this time around than the 2019 disaster. 

Venice @ Mater Dei week 3 is apparently in the works...:mellow:

Those should be great games with the Mater Dei game being the toughest with the long travel against an extremely talented and disciplined team. 

Just now, KeemD321 said:

Too bad y'all can't switch it and have Mater Dei come to y'all and go up to SFA.

Mater Dei is going to blow us away like a tornado on a house. Absolute joke of a game if it happens. St. Frances should at least be a competitive game.  I think this year's Venice squad has a chance to defeat St. Frances but I wouldn't bet on it. 

Mater Dei is going to blow us away like a tornado on a house. Absolute joke of a game if it happens. St. Frances should at least be a competitive game.  I think this year's Venice squad has a chance to defeat St. Frances but I wouldn't bet on it. 

There are very few teams far wide and in between that stands a chance against Mater Dei nationwide. Their toughest matchups come from SJB and Servite due to equal talent and familiarity. Everyone saw what they did against IMG so we all know they are the real deal. That game would've been better served the season y'all beat STA or even last season. But anything is possible just would've been more manageable if yall were hosting.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:21 PM, KeemD321 said:

Actually I was in band throughout middle school and my freshman year in high school. Played Pop Warner for Cocoa and played in high school at Rockledge. Hence why I rep both Cocoa and Rockledge first and the rest of Brevard. Born and raised in Cocoa. First member of my family to go to Rockledge. Grew up with, played with and helped train multiple players. So yes my ties run deep unlike yours. Everyone seen Cocoa schedule last year hence why its unanimous that it was one of the toughest in the state and per your favorite resource was the 2nd toughest in the state. Where was Madison's?  By the way Wakulla hasn't been a contender since Felipe Franks was there, Rickards lmao no, Florida High has become a pretty good small class team which got headway with Willie Taggart son and company. Lakewood still living off giving a down BTW a game.

I still take my saxophone out and play it from time to time. Some days, I just wish I could go back! :(

1 minute ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I still take my saxophone out and play it from time to time. Some days, I just wish I could go back! :(

Me too. Definitely would've did more than a few things differently. And I was a percussionist so I had it easy lmao til it came to the competitions I had no idea about throughout the county on my off days lmao

1 minute ago, KeemD321 said:

There are very few teams far wide and in between that stands a chance against Mater Dei nationwide. Their toughest matchups come from SJB and Servite due to equal talent and familiarity. Everyone saw what they did against IMG so we all know they are the real deal. That game would've been better served the season y'all beat STA or even last season. But anything is possible just would've been more manageable if yall were hosting.

I appreciate the support but I really just hope Venice can give Mater Dei a game. They are far and away the number 1 team in the country and could have easily run away with the IMG game a few years ago at various points. Going to be a very tough game for the Indians to win if the coaches are able to get the contract together. But it is always nice to watch Mater Dei play.  

5 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Me too. Definitely would've did more than a few things differently. And I was a percussionist so I had it easy lmao til it came to the competitions I had no idea about throughout the county on my off days lmao

Those MPA's were a lot of fun, though. I had friends who played in percussion and they all loved it; although carrying those tenors with only a back brace wasn't much fun in the Florida heat, they found a way to make it work. 

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

It's no embarrassment to say that. I would be willing to bet that no team in Florida is going to defeat St. Frances. They took both IMG and Mater Dei to the woodshed. You have to be a super team to beat IMG once. But twice. They did lose a very close one to STA on their field last season. But, they won't do it again. Also, Venice did lose to them 49-7. St. Frances is a very tough team but are a recruiting factory. I think someone once joked that the St. Frances players don't know any of the other players first names. 

11 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

It's no embarrassment to say that. I would be willing to bet that no team in Florida is going to defeat St. Frances. They took both IMG and Mater Dei to the woodshed. You have to be a super team to beat IMG once. But twice. They did lose a very close one to STA on their field last season. But, they won't do it again. Also, Venice did lose to them 49-7. St. Frances is a very tough team but are a recruiting factory. I think someone once joked that the St. Frances players don't know any of the other players first names. 

If STA plays them again they would have a chance. Maybe the Miami schools could give them a rough challenge, too. I’ll just be happy if Venice stays within 21 points of the Panthers. A great team, no doubt! 

9 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

If STA plays them again they would have a chance. Maybe the Miami schools could give them a rough challenge, too. I’ll just be happy if Venice stays within 21 points of the Panthers. A great team, no doubt! 

They blew away both Central 49-13 and Norland 49-0 when they played them in 2019. Also handily defeated De La Salle in 2021. Would like to see them play Centennial on their field in California and blow them away too. 

6 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Those MPA's were a lot of fun, though. I had friends who played in percussion and they all loved it; although carrying those tenors with only a back brace wasn't much fun in the Florida heat, they found a way to make it work. 

Always wanted to play them but never got the chance. Was one of the lead snares in the middle school drumline and only did concert band my freshman. Band teacher wanted me to choose between band and football 

4 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Didn't Miami Central play them

Central played them in 2019 and was defeated, 49-13. That might have been St. Frances’ best football team in their school history. Their only loss was a 34-18 decision at Mater Dei and I don’t think any of their other opponents came within 17 points of them. The 2019 St. Frances squad was a hop, skip, and jump away from the national championship at number 3 overall but STA ended up winning it that year. 

14 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They are both powerhouses, but the thing is Mater Dei is argubly the best team in the country (yes they are better than IMG despite some clueless people thinking IMG Is some unbeatable machine) 

SFA is right there with both and have actually had IMG number lately 

Either way Venice will be more than prepared for the rest of the FL bracket with those games

21 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

That's awesome. No Venice, though? I thought they were scheduled for Week 6?

Looks like there's another change to Cocoa's schedule as it looks like their week 3 with Eau Gallie is off. But they now have an old district rival as the home opener week 1.

They will be hosting Jones week 1 and are looking for another game. Apparently they've been reaching out to more Metro schools