Sleeper teams?

DisabledAccount

Sandalwood 8A-1. Lots of Seniors returning including four 3* players.

They will battle it out in a pretty solid District with Mandarin, Deland, Spruce Creek and Flagler Palm Coast.  I have been researching this district of late and it is quietly a pretty good District.  When we hear Jacksonville we naturally think of TCA and of course the 4A-2 District with Raines and Bolles.  

Mandarin had some nice wins last year but eventually fell in the Regional final to West Orange 26-41.   Sandalwood lost to a solid Lake Brantley team 30-44 in the first round.

I also heard University 8A-2 (Orange City) could be strong this year.  They will likely battle it out with Lake Brantley, Oviedo and Lake Mary in their District.

Fort Pierce Central 8A-8.  I'm going to go out on a limb on this one with the logic that you have usually a pretty good team with pretty good athletes and you bring in a STA D-Cordinator to run the show.  I think that could be a formula for success.

I feel like St John Paul II in Boca could maybe be one. It's tough to say now. A week ago for sure. But now with Snead gone? I wanna say they still can be cause they have picked up a few nice pieces.

Agree on FPC.

Want to say St Andrews will be with now former Oxbridge assistant Jimmy Robertson at the St Andrews' helm.

Sandalwood 8A-1. Lots of Seniors returning including four 3* players.

They will battle it out in a pretty solid District with Mandarin, Deland, Spruce Creek and Flagler Palm Coast.  I have been researching this district of late and it is quietly a pretty good District.  When we hear Jacksonville we naturally think of TCA and of course the 4A-2 District with Raines and Bolles.  

Mandarin had some nice wins last year but eventually fell in the Regional final to West Orange 26-41.   Sandalwood lost to a solid Lake Brantley team 30-44 in the first round.

I also heard University 8A-2 (Orange City) could be strong this year.  They will likely battle it out with Lake Brantley and Oviedo and Lake Mary in their District.

Fort Pierce Central 8A-8.  I'm going to go out on a limb on this one with the logic that you have usually a pretty good team with pretty good athletes and you bring in a STA D-Cordinator to run the show.  I think that could be a formula for success.

You heard right on University. I expect them to be Apopka's main competition for the North berth. FPC got lucky with their HC hire. If they get past Vero, then the South end of the North bracket should be them and Dp. 

I feel like St John Paul II in Boca could maybe be one. It's tough to say now. A week ago for sure. But now with Snead gone? I wanna say they still can be cause they have picked up a few nice pieces.

Agree on FPC.

Want to say St Andrews will be with now former Oxbridge assistant Jimmy Robertson at the St Andrews' helm.

You know....I feel the same way, but kind of an awkward scenario.  They lose their long time accomplished head coach and they just got another incoming transfer.  I believe they have picked up 3-4 transfers in the last 10 days or so.

They may peak in the top 10 of Palm Beach this year at one point or another.  Definitely a smaller school to keep an eye on in PB County.

• 4 weeks later...

You heard right on University. I expect them to be Apopka's main competition for the North berth. FPC got lucky with their HC hire. If they get past Vero, then the South end of the North bracket should be them and Dp.

O they getting past Vero alright, we bring in a whole junior offense that have never seen the varsity competition yet well they did but got blasted by Dwyer in the spring game