If Armwood was in 7a or 8a, would they win states????

Floridatech

I Dont think they would even win the north, Lakeland is as good if not better then armwood, plant plays tough with them and if they had to play twice no guarantee that armwood wins the second time, viera looks to be building into a talented team for a while, they may not make it out of third round, not to mention all 3 of those teams are better then Gainesville, as for 8a no way, the 8a north is probley as good as the 8a south and both sides of that class are loaded with good teams, 8a is best class in Florida, so they wouldn't have won more in either class

Although I feel Armwood could play with or beat Apopka, Osceola, West Orange, Dr. Phillips in 8A in a single game.  I think having 3 or 4 weeks of those caliber teams followed by the South Champion would be too much for Armwood.  Last year Armwood probably would have struggled with Osceola in the North and if they did slip by, I think Flanagan would have beat them up pretty good.

When you are used to beating Sebring, Brandon, Gainesville and Tate to punch your ticket to Orlando it is just not the same.  Until Armwood gets used to playing teams around their level for 4-5 games straight it would be a problem in 8A.

In 7A North  I think Armwood would have gone to states last year and then got hammered by STA.  This year, 7A North will be better but I still think Armwood could pull it off and then get slapped around by STA.

8A South, 8A North, and 6A South are consistently very strong regions. 

Armwood is a national ranked team man i think they still make BOTH 7a and 8a

1 game - yes a chance.  They are arguably as talented as the top 5-10 teams in the state.  The problem for Armwood would be playing 4-5 teams on their level straight through.  When was the last time Armwood played 2 teams on their level back-to-back?

Although I feel Armwood could play with or beat Apopka, Osceola, West Orange, Dr. Phillips in 8A in a single game. I think having 3 or 4 weeks of those caliber teams followed by the South Champion would be too much for Armwood. Last year Armwood probably would have struggled with Osceola in the North and if they did slip by, I think Flanagan would have beat them up pretty good.

When you are used to beating Sebring, Brandon, Gainesville and Tate to punch your ticket to Orlando it is just not the same. Until Armwood gets used to playing teams around their level for 4-5 games straight it would be a problem in 8A.

In 7A North I think Armwood would have gone to states last year and then got hammered by STA. This year, 7A North will be better but I still think Armwood could pull it off and then get slapped around by STA.

That is exactly why they wouldn't. They used to beating Gainesville and one good team that survives the panhandle gauntlet, both 7a and 8a north would be tougher road to states even though both 6a and 7a north will improve this year i still see 7a north having a edge over 6a north, and armwood would be in region 2 so they would have to beat plant,Lakeland, and likely viera since they would be in plants district, then likely Columbia in 4th round after facing those 3, and then if they get past us they play STA, so flat out no they would not win states, despite what people on that national board say the 7a north is better then people give credit for, it's just none of the teams seem to match up well with STA because their is no area that has the talent pool that they do anywhere in the north

Not any of the times they went to state in past 3 years

Nope...The sad thing is we are talking about Armwood possibly being challenged this year to get to States - by Pine Forest and Vanguard.

Those teams are not even 2nd round teams in 8A North, 8A South and 6A South....

also: 

7A North> 6A North

For sure.

Think of this scenario, plant and armwood likely same district, if plant beats then during season to win district this is playoff road for armwood most likely

1st round: @Lakeland

2nd round: @Plant

3rd round: @Viera

4th round: H/A Columbia

State finals: STA

That is easily 3-4 times tougher then the road in 6a has been where they been facing a Gainesville team that hasent been very strong since 2012 and a team that comes out of panhandle after beating each other up, panhandle has a lot of physical teams and by time they in 4th round playing armwood they are beat up, then armwood steamrolls them

Armwood is a good team but it's funny people say 7a north road to state is easy when it's probley as hard if not tougher then armwood road to states, and that scenario is defently a tougher road then one armwood is used to

Think of this scenario, plant and armwood likely same district, if plant beats then during season to win district this is playoff road for armwood most likely

1st round: @Lakeland

2nd round: @Plant

3rd round: @Viera

4th round: H/A Columbia

State finals: STA

That is easily 3-4 times tougher then the road in 6a has been where they been facing a Gainesville team that hasent been very strong since 2012 and a team that comes out of panhandle after beating each other up, panhandle has a lot of physical teams and by time they in 4th round playing armwood they are beat up, then armwood steamrolls them

Armwood is a good team but it's funny people say 7a north road to state is easy when it's probley as hard if not tougher then armwood road to states, and that scenario is defently a tougher road then one armwood is used to

That 7A North looks wacky. It looks bass ackwards....like it gets easier every round..?

That 7A North looks wacky. It looks bass ackwards....like it gets easier every round..?

The point is 4 quality teams before getting to states when armwood used to 1 (or 2 if you count Gainesville) see the difference in armwood road there and Columbia will be better team overall then last year so no it's not getting easier every round, Columbia is either first or second best in 7a north depending upon how high people see Lakeland as

I believe they could win 8a, not sure about 7a with Aquinas being their but 8a they could win

You telling me armwood can beat sandalwood, Apopka, Osceola, manatee, Dr Phillips, west Orange and whoever comes out of south when they used to playing Gainesville and one team from the panhandle then get crushed by central?

You telling me armwood can beat sandalwood, Apopka, Osceola, manatee, Dr Phillips, west Orange and whoever comes out of south when they used to playing Gainesville and one team from the panhandle then get crushed by central?

I believe they can beat any of those teams you just mentioned, it's just central is just that much better than they're but Armwood would beat 4 out of those 6 teams this year and according what happens on the 19th Manatee could be a 5th but I hope not lol

We will see Armwood vs Manatee soon but i think Armwood would do good against these teams because they know how to defend against that run because they see it everyday in practice

I believe they can beat any of those teams you just mentioned, it's just central is just that much better than they're but Armwood would beat 4 out of those 6 teams this year and according what happens on the 19th Manatee could be a 5th but I hope not lol

Yeah in one game, not in a playoff bracket back to back to back to back to back

well what has happened with Armwood and Central the last 3 years doesn't happen very often, Armwood would beat 4 of those 6 teams more times than not

Armwood has beaten bartram trail, choctwahatee, Tate, and Gainesville in the 3rd and 4th rounds of last 3 years, all of them would be beat by any of those teams I listed in 8a, I hardly think armwood would go through those playoffs of 8a with a championship

Although I feel Armwood could play with or beat Apopka, Osceola, West Orange, Dr. Phillips in 8A in a single game. I think having 3 or 4 weeks of those caliber teams followed by the South Champion would be too much for Armwood. Last year Armwood probably would have struggled with Osceola in the North and if they did slip by, I think Flanagan would have beat them up pretty good.

When you are used to beating Sebring, Brandon, Gainesville and Tate to punch your ticket to Orlando it is just not the same. Until Armwood gets used to playing teams around their level for 4-5 games straight it would be a problem in 8A.

In 7A North I think Armwood would have gone to states last year and then got hammered by STA. This year, 7A North will be better but I still think Armwood could pull it off and then get slapped around by STA.

What Broward pointed out is why they would not win in 8a or 7a, both north regions are tougher to handle then 6a north

well what has happened with Armwood and Central the last 3 years doesn't happen very often, Armwood would beat 4 of those 6 teams more times than not

Well if Armwood is that good, you can stick a fork in the chance of Vanguard or Pine Forest beating Armwood  or only being 7-10 point underdogs....because there is no way Vanguard or Pine Forest would get past those teams. Do you really believe a 2016 Vanguard or Pine Forest  would have a shot at beating a 2015 West Orange, Dr. Phillips, Apopka, Osceola or Flanagan?  They wouldn't even score on 2015 Flanagan!