Wild Card Playoff System What Teams Do You All Think Will Be Hurt By This?????

Floridatech

Anything that puts better teams in the playoffs is progress at this point in FL High School Football IMO.

The 2015 Strawberry and Lemon Bays going 8-2 and "earning " the right to play in the postseason while 2015 Coconut Creek and 2015 Northwestern type teams stay home are a problem that should hopefully be fixed for 2017!

Anything that puts better teams in the playoffs is progress at this point in FL High School Football IMO.

The 2015 Strawberry and Lemon Bays going 8-2 and "earning " the right to play in the postseason while 2015 Coconut Creek and 2015 Northwestern type teams stay home are a problem that should hopefully be fixed for 2017!

Can you see Vero hurting from this Wildcard System

Do you expect central, Carol city and northwestern to all make playoffs under that format?

The problem with the Wildcard is it does not solve the cannibalism of the strong Regions and in the end you could still have mismatches at States.

You could have Wildcard teams in some Regions as strong as top teams in other Regions.

Do you understand what I am saying?

The only resolution may be to have a strong Wildcard team that played a hard schedule, travel to the Regions with stronger records but weaker schedules. For example, force Armwood, Gainesville, Vanguard , Pine Forest type teams to have to go through a team like Northwestern as a Wildcard team. Make them earn their road to States if they slack with schedule strength.

The first round Region 4 matchups right now are probably more competitive for Central/Carol City than what Armwood needs to do in the 4th round to punch their ticket to States. It's a joke.

Broward wants Columbia to drive 8-10 hours to play a game in Miami for some reason lol

Why not ? Even teams like Miami Central occasionally takes long bus trips up north.

Why can't Columbia?

Your funny....10 hours to Miami. If I drive from Miami and went north for 10 hours I would be at minimum in South Carolina...possibly North Carolina.

Are they still travelling by wagon and horse in Lake City or something?

Columbia should have no problem travelling to Orlano, Tampa or Jacksonville area.

Broward wants Columbia to drive 8-10 hours to play a game in Miami for some reason lol

Not an unknown reason we just want to prove the point that down south is a different breed of football that Columbia couldn't handle. If Columbia played let's say Dillard's schedule I see them going maybe 4-6 or 5-5

Not an unknown reason we just want to prove the point that down south is a different breed of football that Columbia couldn't handle. If Columbia played let's say Dillard's schedule I see them going maybe 4-6 or 5-5

You media people picked us going 5-5 with last year schedule, how that work out? And last time we played south Florida team we came 3 points from beating number 1 team, we may not beat all the south Florida teams but we could handle more of those teams then you all think

Why not ? Even teams like Miami Central occasionally takes long bus trips up north.

Why can't Columbia?

Your funny....10 hours to Miami. If I drive from Miami and went north for 10 hours I would be at minimum in South Carolina...possibly North Carolina.

Are they still travelling by wagon and horse in Lake City or something?

Columbia should have no problem travelling to Orlano, Tampa or Jacksonville area.

We play haft our schedule against duval teams and are playing @Apopka this year, we do play teams in big cities we just don't see why we need to drive 8-10 hours to play a Miami team because some media guys don't think Florida got any good football teams north of Orlando

The classifications are really watered down. It's so watered down that it's not funny anymore. i'm tired of seeing playoff games that are done by midway in the 3rd quarter. State title games are still pretty much the same matchups with the same beatdowns. 

The classifications are really watered down. It's so watered down that it's not funny anymore. i'm tired of seeing playoff games that are done by midway in the 3rd quarter. State title games are still pretty much the same matchups with the same beatdowns.

The problem is the south brackets are more likely battle tested through the playoffs besides TCA in the north n STA is STA.... But I agree with the most of it...