PB County Preseason Top 10

BrowardHandicapper

Dwyer:

2017 OT Antawn Lewis (Transfer from PBG)

2018 ATH Oyeh Davis

2017 LB Emmanuel Yisreal (Oxbridge Transfer) had 103 tackles last season at oxbridge

I looked at Yisreal.  Did not add him to the power list  because - no offers yet. None that I found.  Oxbridge has stats machine guys as well - good players with no offers...

Lewis (2*) and Davis (no * as of yet) appeared to be a little behind on the offers (SE Missouri, Central Michigan type recruiting) versus the other Dwyer players so I only listed the top.   Oxbridge has several players in that category (no * to 2* with small offers)  as well including a 2019 OL - 6' 5" , 340 lbs with an offer from USF.  Quindaris Burgess could be a 3* by the end of the year - Did not list him.

I only listed the power players from each team.  PB County speaking and as  most can see, the Oxbridge roster is still loaded.  I believe they will still have solid coaching and their facilities and training is among the best inf SFL.  They may not be the best but I am not convinced that there is anyone better in PB County going into week one.  Not to mention, they are probably playing the hardest week 1 game for PB County teams.

Palm Beach Post fails again.....  You all have probably heard me rant about how the Palm Beach Post led the Oxbridge Academy investigation and they love scratching the back of AHD. It coincidentally and conveniently goes hand in hand due to Oxbridge as a threat of taking over the district from AHD.  I read the online news a lot and came across the PB Post Super 11 story:

http://www.pbgametime.com/super11/2016/

Not one Oxbridge Academy player was on that list,  Keep in mind Oxbridge Academy has SIX 3* and the most surprising was the PB Post leaving out 4* Cajuan ' CJ Smith.  Smith is a 6'3" , 190 lb Safety and the ONLY PB County player to be in the Scout.com Top 100. Smith is rated at the #61 2018 player nationwide and he can't make the Super 11 in the PB Post because he wears an Oxbridge Academy uniform.

While browsing the Broward County Sun Sentinel where no bias was shown Smith was on high recognized on the PB County Super 11 team...Hmmmmm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/highschool/football/palm-beach/sfl-gallery-palm-beach-county-super-11-20160824-photogallery.html

Sorry PB Post but if you had a clue about football when a 2018 Defensive player, particularly a Safety starts getting offers from Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan and others it might be time to put your obvious bias aside.  Just presenting the facts and obvious jealousy of Oxbridge.  If you can't find a spot for 4* CJ Smith on your PB County 11 as a Safety, you should have just made him an "Ath" classification.  I guess they don't understand that only a handful of elite players as Safeties and DBs get offers at places like LSU as Juniors, but he is not good enough for PB County! Sure.   

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Cajuan-Smith-93787/RecruitInterests

And it gets even better with the bias....:

The Palm Beach Post is so out of touch with HS football.  The just stay hating Oxbridge Academy, pick up old news articles and make picks, and stay in bed with AHD !

Look at how the writers (Courtesy of Adam Lichtenstein and Jodie Wagner of the PB Post)  broke down PB County teams in their polls:  

http://highschoolbuzz.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2016/08/18/football-breaking-down-the-posts-votes-in-the-associated-press-preseason-poll/

Football: Breaking down the Post’s votes in the Associated Press preseason poll
  August 18, 2016 | Filed in: Adam LichtensteinFootballJodie Wagner.

The Associated Press’ preseason high school football poll is out. Four Palm Beach County teams made the cut and several more received votes.

heritage.jpg?w=300&h=199

American Heritage was the highest ranked Palm Beach County team in the Associated Press’ preseason poll. The Stallions were ranked No. 2 in Class 3A. (Photo by Phelan M. Ebenhack)

Palm Beach Post writers Adam Lichtenstein and Jodie Wagner both have votes in the AP poll, so this week we will break down where we put Palm Beach County teams in our polls.

Here is what we decided:

Class 8A
Atlantic
Adam: I ranked the Eagles fifth in the class. Atlantic is almost certainly the top 8A team in the county, but there are talented teams several top teams south of them — namely, Pembroke Pines-Flanagan and Miami-Columbus.
Jodie: I ranked the Eagles seventh, which is where they ended up in this week’s poll. Atlantic went 12-1 last season and returns a handful of key players from that team, but there is plenty of talent ahead of them. 8A, as usual, is going to be tough this season.
Palm Beach Gardens
Adam: I ranked the Gators 10th to start the season. Gardens struggled at times while putting together a 6-4 record last season, but the Gators have some of the most talented players in the county. If the offense is improved, they will do much better this year.
Jodie: I also ranked the Gators 10th to start the season. Palm Beach Gardens has plenty of talent on both sides of the ball, and will throw more this season than they have in the past. An improved Gators’ offense, as Adam said, could be the key.

Class 7A
Dwyer
Adam: I put the Panthers third in the class. There is no one topping Fort Lauderdale-St. Thomas Aquinas in the class, and maybe in the country. I also put Bradenton-Braden River ahead of Dwyer, as that team expects to match its dominating defense from last season.
Jodie: I also put the Panthers in the third slot, behind national No. 1 St. Thomas Aquinas and 2015 state semifinalist Braden River. Dwyer is eager for a playoff rematch with the Raiders, and could get it. The Panthers have talent and depth, and look to go deep into the postseason.

Class 3A
American Heritage
Adam: I ranked the Stallions second in this class. Jacksonville-Trinity Christian is the undisputed No. 1 team in the class, so while Heritage is loaded this season, it needs to get over that hump.
Jodie: I put American Heritage at No. 3 in this class, behind nationally ranked Trinity Christian and deep Clearwater Central Catholic. The Stallions are loaded again this year, but so are the Conquerors and Marauders. American Heritage has beaten CCC two years in a row in the state semifinals, and are aiming for a three-peat.

Class 1A
Pahokee
Adam: I ranked Pahokee fourth in 1A. The Blue Devils could have made a deeper run in the playoffs last season had head coach Alphonso Smith not been suspended days before their first playoff game. Pahokee is possibly even more talented this year, so the team could have a shot at a state playoffs appearance.
Jodie: I did not rank Pahokee in Class 1A, but only because the Blue Devils were not included among the list of teams at the time I voted (yep, early). Pahokee would have gotten my vote, probably at No. 4.

My thoughts:

8A - Did not even reference Boca Raton in PB county.  So out of tune they reference Flanagan and Columbus (no clue of the talent on Deerfield Beach and Southridge though...)

7A - Only Dwyer made their cut.  Maybe not a top 10 7A team, but they could have at least referenced PB Lakes somewhere in 7A.

3A.  AHP.  - Of course   :)    No Oxbridge Academy in the AP Votes for 3A top 10 ... Can you say "Grudge" PB Post?

2A - How about the possibility of a pretty good Village Academy in the top 10 in 2A?  They are in that area in many polls and they are in PB County (Delray Beach to be exact. Perhaps they have never heard of them.)

1A - Well they at least got that right.

These are writers that represent and have votes in the AP poll.  Here you have clear cut bias specifically with Oxbridge Academy not in their top 10, yet probably 99% of the rest of the writers in the state have Oxbridge in their top 10.  Oddly enough Oxbridge is the PB Post own/home county?   

Everyone has opinions I guess....