TOP 10 GAMES OF WEEK 1: No. 10 Columbia at Gainesville

Joshua Wilson

RB Dollar came up with some big runs when needed for Columbia. Congratulations Columbiahighfan2016. I am sure you know this, but I was the guy that took Gainesville over Columbia :D . After watching that game, I have no regrets.... I would do it again.

Well looks like you cost yourself a chance at winning the week pickems

I watched the stream of the game and Gainesville is going to be better this year then I previously thought, the QB Matthews had right over 300 yards passing. Living up to his dad's name lol

300 yards passing? Was that seen through the video or the Gainesville Sun report? I was having a hard time keeping track because of the penalties negating so many calls. One of the sloppiest games I have ever watched in high school football.  

My report here...I just tried to keep it about the biggest plays possible: http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/08/26/7a-no-2-columbia-sneaks-gainesville-first-win-season/

We actually end up really giving up trying to count penalty yards. Columbiafan (who I saw at the game) told me just from his estimates it was over 200 yards on penalties for Columbia and I am roughly guessing it was near the same for Gainesville.

Really neither team deserved to win the game, but Columbia had more points on the board at the end of the night. 

300 yards passing? Was that seen through the video or the Gainesville Sun report? I was having a hard time keeping track because of the penalties negating so many calls. One of the sloppiest games I have ever watched in high school football.

My report here...I just tried to keep it about the biggest plays possible: http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/08/26/7a-no-2-columbia-sneaks-gainesville-first-win-season/

We actually end up really giving up trying to count penalty yards. Columbiafan (who I saw at the game) told me just from his estimates it was over 200 yards on penalties for Columbia and I am roughly guessing it was near the same for Gainesville.

Really neither team deserved to win the game, but Columbia had more points on the board at the end of the night.

One those drives had like 4 penalties for like 55 yards in penalties against us which I beilive was the drive they scored on

Ok it was the drive they got first set of points on and I saw the video on that link

I saw flashes of our passing game being better later in season (the long completion to Maxwell) but that secondary is gonna have to keep getting better or teams going to start going for pass all night long, they got talent but as I have mentioned all 4 starters did not start last year so they probley need a few games to gel but once they do we will be set

As confused as Gainesville looked on offense throughout this game. I'm amazed they were able to stay close to Columbia until the end.  Even a confused Gainesville team seems to be as good or better than most quality teams. If the Hurricanes put together a decent running game they will be very hard to beat. Their QB is an excellent play manager. Except for the penalties, which are the fault of the players and not the referees, as the Columbia broadcaster was consistently intimating, Columbia played fairly well. I saw some marginal calls against Gainesville, also. I like the physical look of Columbia. They seem to be an athletically fit team and kind of remind me of the look STA has on the field. Except for the amount of downtime for penalties, this was an interesting game to watch.  

My report here...I just tried to keep it about the biggest plays possible: http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/08/26/7a-no-2-columbia-sneaks-gainesville-first-win-season/

yes it was a very sloppy game from what I seen on the stream and Larry Savage posted that Matthews had over 300 yards on twitter last night, a few of those passes were basically him just throwing the ball up including that 35 yarder on the right sideline