Apopka vs Ocoee

DarterBlue2

The Ocoee Knights were outplayed in every facet of the game against Apopka. At the half the score was 50-7, as Apopka moved the ball on the ground and in the air with relative ease. This game marked the debut of Jackson Darlington, third son of the head coach, who lined up at receiver as a true freshman. The kid runs good routes and has safe hands; he just needs to work on his speed a little and he should be a fine footballer. Despite limited playing time, he had over 50 yards receiving at the half including a touchdown catch. 

Ocoee did have the best play of the game, a 65 yard pass play that set up their only score. Otherwise, they were unable to move the ball with any degree of effect even against the Apopka backups in the second half as two more touchdowns were added for good measure. 

The final score was: Apopka 62 Ocoee 7. To be honest, I thought that Apopka was going to put up similar offensive numbers against the Tigers last week. Columbia to its credit had other ideas. 

To me, the scary thing is that this team is far from reaching its full potential. Should it do so, another state title is a realistic goal, as I feel the talent is there. 

The Ocoee Knights were outplayed in every facet of the game against Apopka. At the half the score was 50-7, as Apopka moved the ball on the ground and in the air with relative ease. This game marked the debut of Jackson Darlington, third son of the head coach, who lined up at receiver as a true freshman. The kid runs good routes and has safe hands; he just needs to work on his speed a little and he should be a fine footballer. Despite limited playing time, he had over 50 yards receiving at the half including a touchdown catch.

Ocoee did have the best play of the game, a 65 yard pass play that set up their only score. Otherwise, they were unable to move the ball with any degree of effect even against the Apopka backups in the second half as two more touchdowns were added for good measure.

The final score was: Apopka 62 Ocoee 7. To be honest, I thought that Apopka was going to put up similar offensive numbers against the Tigers last week. Columbia to its credit had other ideas.

To me, the scary thing is that this team is far from reaching its full potential. Should it do so, another state title is a realistic goal, as I feel the talent is there.

I'm sure Apopka had a lot to prove after Columbia loss and they turned dogs loose, good win there

It is early in the season DarterBlue2 but I can tell you 8A South is looking way down right now.  It really is wide open ...wide open with "good" not great teams....

As far the Blue Darters go, with their talent and proven excellent coaching - Apopka will be a machine by November.  

Oh no... Another Darlington?

TD as a freshman too.... uh oh

Yes, a year or two ago I thought he would be a QB, as I thought he threw a nice spiral. But with the closest thing to a pocket passer Apopka has ever had under RD's tenure being only a sophomore, it looks like the young man may blossom as a receiver.

In any event, I am very optimistic about Apopka's chances this year and next and lament the fact I will be in Jamaica when DP comes to town on September 16.