792 Florida Sports Post Week 7 Rankings

DisabledAccount

Once again great list & much respect for you doing these rankings knowing so much work and dedication takes going into them. 

although I would say there are a few teams ahead of Dillard that I am almost certain Dillard would win by atleast 14 against. 

pine Forrest 

buccholz 

Naples 

bartram trail. 

& a few more I could mention. Not in your rankings so much put it’s almost as if Dillard is being penalized by playing the #3 #4 & #6 team in the country. Where as many of the other teams have great records yes but their strength of schedule is terrible. 

40 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Once again great list & much respect for you doing these rankings knowing so much work and dedication takes going into them. 

although I would say there are a few teams ahead of Dillard that I am almost certain Dillard would win by atleast 14 against. 

pine Forrest 

buccholz 

Naples 

bartram trail. 

& a few more I could mention. Not in your rankings so much put it’s almost as if Dillard is being penalized by playing the #3 #4 & #6 team in the country. Where as many of the other teams have great records yes but their strength of schedule is terrible. 

I significantly considered keeping Dillard in the top 25 but when it came down to the final spots in the top 25 it was either keep Dillard in and drop someone else out off the top 25 coming off a convincing win or drop Dillard on the outside looking in and the latter was the most logical option

I think all 4 teams you listed are probably same tier as Dillard at the moment looking at their resumes, I'm not sure any of them beat Chaminade, Central or STA but they would have the same wins that Dillard has and like I told someone else I'm not gonna use a scheduling what if to determine my top 25 

If Dillard had the schedule of those teams they likely have the same record but that doesn't exactly tell me that Dillard should be ahead of them it just says they should be same range but at the end of the day a team playing a brutal schedule doesn't mean they automatically get a free pass, I have kept Treasure Coast in my top 50 but they are behind several teams that would have the same record as Treasure Coast with their schedule and there are teams ranked ahead of Treasure Coast that TC would be undefeated if they switched schedules 

Dillard will be back in top 25 heading into the playoffs as long as they keep winning but this week I couldn't justify dropping the teams in the bottom half of the top 25 coming off winning their games in convincing fashion

55 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I significantly considered keeping Dillard in the top 25 but when it came down to the final spots in the top 25 it was either keep Dillard in and drop someone else out off the top 25 coming off a convincing win or drop Dillard on the outside looking in and the latter was the most logical option

I think all 4 teams you listed are probably same tier as Dillard at the moment looking at their resumes, I'm not sure any of them beat Chaminade, Central or STA but they would have the same wins that Dillard has and like I told someone else I'm not gonna use a scheduling what if to determine my top 25 

If Dillard had the schedule of those teams they likely have the same record but that doesn't exactly tell me that Dillard should be ahead of them it just says they should be same range but at the end of the day a team playing a brutal schedule doesn't mean they automatically get a free pass, I have kept Treasure Coast in my top 50 but they are behind several teams that would have the same record as Treasure Coast with their schedule and there are teams ranked ahead of Treasure Coast that TC would be undefeated if they switched schedules 

Dillard will be back in top 25 heading into the playoffs as long as they keep winning but this week I couldn't justify dropping the teams in the bottom half of the top 25 coming off winning their games in convincing fashion

And I feel you on that .but I’m gonna use MIAMI northwestern as an Example. You have them at 15. 

Dillard & The Bulls are (3-3) , Yes the bulls are injured but so is Dillard. You your self even said with without tyga (bulls starting Qb) they’re not the bulls of old. 

the bulls were running clocked 3 weeks ago against chaminade, they lost against COLUMBUS & they were just running clocked this past week by MIAMI central to sit at (3-3) & not only are they still in the top 25 but they sit at #15. 

how do the bulls qualify but Dillard fell so far down in the top 25 that it made more sense to drop them out rather then keep them. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And I feel you on that .but I’m gonna use MIAMI northwestern as an Example. You have them at 15. 

Dillard & The Bulls are (3-3) , Yes the bulls are injured but so is Dillard. You your self even said with without tyga (bulls starting Qb) they’re not the bulls of old. 

the bulls were running clocked 3 weeks ago against chaminade, they lost against COLUMBUS & they were just running clocked this past week by MIAMI central to sit at (3-3) & not only are they still in the top 25 but they sit at #15. 

how do the bulls qualify but Dillard fell so far down in the top 25 that it made more sense to drop them out rather then keep them. 

I see what your saying look at Northwestern for instance. Despite some injured players they lost to Chaminade Madonna, Columbus and Central which all three are undefeated but is still receiving some type of credit compared to Dillard. I think resumes are what's separating Northwestern and Dillard in my opinion 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Because Miami Northwestern has a win inside the top 25 when they beat Venice which looks really good when they have given Sanford Seminole their only loss which in turn helps MNW resume 

Dillard is actually 2-3 (unless my records are wrong I have them down with a win over a medicore Rock Creek team and a decent Miramar team) 

The Venice win is what separates MNW from Dillard because It's significantly bigger than either of Dillard wins 

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Because Miami Northwestern has a win inside the top 25 when they beat Venice which looks really good when they have given Sanford Seminole their only loss which in turn helps MNW resume 

Dillard is actually 2-3 (unless my records are wrong I have them down with a win over a medicore Rock Creek team and a decent Miramar team) 

The Venice win is what separates MNW from Dillard because It's significantly bigger than either of Dillard wins 

Boyd Anderson had to forfeit two games a few weeks back one of them was vs Dillard which is why Dillard had another bye week leading into the STA game. 

But to your MNW beating Venice point , we all know this isn’t the Venice of last year & yea Venice beat Seminole but who has Seminole really beaten to look at them as a quality win this year. Yeah they were undefeated vs below Avg to mediocre teams, but so are a few other undefeated teams. 

all I’m saying is even at (3-3) if MNW is at 15 even with the 3 loses Dillard should ATLEAST be at 18-22. I mean we are going by the best 25 schools and not the ones with the best record right?? , so while other schools maybe deserving cuz of their record ; pound for pound on the field some of these teams ahead of Dillard would get lit up by Dillard respectfully. 

49 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Boyd Anderson had to forfeit two games a few weeks back one of them was vs Dillard which is why Dillard had another bye week leading into the STA game. 

But to your MNW beating Venice point , we all know this isn’t the Venice of last year & yea Venice beat Seminole but who has Seminole really beaten to look at them as a quality win this year. Yeah they were undefeated vs below Avg to mediocre teams, but so are a few other undefeated teams. 

all I’m saying is even at (3-3) if MNW is at 15 even with the 3 loses Dillard should ATLEAST be at 18-22. I mean we are going by the best 25 schools and not the ones with the best record right?? , so while other schools maybe deserving cuz of their record ; pound for pound on the field some of these teams ahead of Dillard would get lit up by Dillard respectfully. 

Sanford Seminole went 3-1 in a stretch with Osceola, Treasure Coast, Cocoa and Venice

Not exactly a easy slate by any stretch

Best team is subjective, I'm sure there are winless teams in Florida who would beat undefeated teams but does that mean I should rank them higher? Even a down Venice team is still a better win than all of Dillard wins so far combined 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I have seen Dillard games on film and Seminole both in person and video. I believe Seminole would beat Dillard in a close game.