Sumner Stingrays @ Plant

181pl

Hats off to Sumner, a baby program. Talented, well coached. Coach Ashwood will have them as a serious contender in another year or two. 

Much Bigger and more athletic than Plant. Plant won a squeaker 37-34 at home thanks to big plays (ko return for TD, defensive TD, long bomb for TD, and 4 or 5 other chunk plays). Home field big for Plant in this one. 

Even if they go out next week Plant has had quite a turnaround under Coach Brown. Congrats. Sumner will be a force with Ashwood at the helm. 

12 hours ago, 181pl said:

Hats off to Sumner, a baby program. Talented, well coached. Coach Ashwood will have them as a serious contender in another year or two. 

Much Bigger and more athletic than Plant. Plant won a squeaker 37-34 at home thanks to big plays (ko return for TD, defensive TD, long bomb for TD, and 4 or 5 other chunk plays). Home field big for Plant in this one. 

Even if they go out next week Plant has had quite a turnaround under Coach Brown. Congrats. Sumner will be a force with Ashwood at the helm. 

Good summary.    I caught the last 5-10 minutes of the game.  It was wild.  
I agree that Sumner’s success is a bit of a surprise, although if memory serves me correctly, they came out of the gates and won several games their first year.  I spoke briefly with their principal (who was the principal at Plant several years ago).   He mentioned the student population at Sumner is around 3,800 . . . or almost double Plant’s.   That certainly helps.  

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Glad to see that Plant is making a nice turnaround.

They've got a tough game coming up that could very well end their season.  Plant plays the Region's number 1 seed, East Lake, on the road.  A rematch of the 2011 Regional finals - also played at East Lake - that Plant won 28-21 in OT on their way to the State 8A Championship. 

Nevertheless, it was good to see them get a playoff win. 

47 minutes ago, Perspective said:

They've got a tough game coming up that could very well end their season.  Plant plays the Region's number 1 seed, East Lake, on the road.  A rematch of the 2011 Regional finals - also played at East Lake - that Plant won 28-21 in OT on their way to the State 8A Championship. 

Nevertheless, it was could to see them get a playoff win. 

I believe Plant secures another win on the way to the Regional finals. Olympia gave East Lake some trouble. Olympia is solid, but not deep playoff capable.

So, EL while I am sure they are decent, is beatable. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Nevertheless, it was could to see them get a playoff win. 

Very tough matchup to predict. I will say Plant takes it by a about a field goal, in a game that could definitely go either way.