Newberry VS WIlliston

Tigerfan1

Newberry is built to play in a phone booth with their DLine and LBs. Th Panthers will run their Jet Sweeps and bellys with an occasional play action to the TE. Pretty much the theme for a lot of 1A teams. I don't know anything on Williston this year, but if they are still running the traditional Red Devil offense, the Panthers should match up well. I like the way #5 runs the ball and their coach has them going in the right direction.   

Justin Wentworth is the HC of Williston. He used to be the DC for Trinity Catholic in the years when the Celtics had one of the toughest defenses around. The Red Devils are in good hands with Wentworth and the reason they are returning to the team they used to be when they had RB Devin Timmons and played in 3A. They just defeated a fairly decent 5A Lecanto in their last game. 

Newberry looked good last night. They remind me of what Union used to be a few years ago. They are pretty basic wing t, don't beat yourself and more times than not they will have better people than their opponents. They are huge up front on the offensive line and just lean on you. The coach is doing a good job using the talent he has and utilizing the kids in positions to make them successful. Should be fun to watch moving forward.

When Trenton go's into Newberry in few weeks Newberry should be undefeated and looking for some payback for that ass stomping they took last year from Trenton. I personally think that should be one of the games of the week, It will be all on the line for the lead in district 7 - 1A. Look for a packed house like it was in 2012 for state semi final between Trenton and Newberry. Two schools 10 miles apart with alot local folks knowing each other. But first things first Trenton has to get by Dixie this coming Friday !!!!