Sandalwood vs mandrian

DisabledAccount

What's your thoughts on these teams?

They both appear pretty good defensively to me. That seems to be the 8A theme state wide in 2016.  I think they are two pretty good 8A teams.

8A Region 1 to me appears to have a lot of good teams but I don't see those 2-3 separating themselves as of yet like usual. Apopka and Seminole appear to be the front-runners but I don't see much of a gap heading into mid-October...

Mandrian won in a close one, a lot of people said Mandrian would drop off because they lost a lot of talent to graduation but appears they still a solid team, we will likely get a rematch in second round and it should be a good game if it happens

Don't get fooled by that score.  The better team did not win that game and the home cooking appeared to be be live...

Mandarin

Rushes-Yards
25-146
Comp-Att-Int
12-18-1
Passing Yards
Fumbles-Lost
1-0
Penalty Yards
4-50
Records
5-0
Total Yards

Sandalwood

Rushes-Yards
53-353
Comp-Att-Int
5-16-1
Passing Yards
Fumbles-Lost
2-2
Penalty Yards
18-150
Records
5-1
Total Yards

3 turnovers vs 1 also seemed to play a part

And game was decided by 1 score

Maybe Mandrian was not better but I do see a rematch in 2nd round and we can find out then as it will be @Mandrian again since at end of day if sandalwood beats them in playoffs no one will really care about the regular season game. Agree?

3 turnovers vs 1 also seemed to play a part

And game was decided by 1 score

Maybe Mandrian was not better but I do see a rematch in 2nd round and we can find out then as it will be @Mandrian again since at end of day if sandalwood beats them in playoffs no one will really care about the regular season game. Agree?

Look at the rushing yards and who controlled the game on the field.  Now look at the penalty ratio- 18- 4 flag difference....That is how Mandarin was in that game.  Mandarin was dominated otherwise.

District 8A-1

Mandarin 3 0 1 0 77 26

Sandalwood 3 0 1 0 104 34

Flagler Palm Coast 0 3 0 0 24 70

Spruce Creek 2 2 0 1 90 58

DeLand 1 3 0 1 17 110

District 8A-2

Seminole (Sanford) 3 0 1 0 105 46

Lyman 2 2 1 0 94 81

Lake Mary 1 2 1 0 74 145

Oviedo 1 2 0 0 45 91

University (Orange City) 3 1 0 1 164 111

Lake Brantley 2 2 0 1 120 93

Winter Springs 1 3 0 1 113 169

I would rank those teams on neutral fields:

Seminole

Sandalwood

University Orange City

Mandarin

Lake Brantley 

Spruce Creek

Lake Mary

Oviedo

Bc of Mandrian win they likely win district and Stanford Seminole should win their district so sandalwood got a hard road to get that rematch but I would actually pick sandalwood to win rematch if they can get past Stanford Seminole (who I have as my 8A number 2) in 1st round and that on the road but sandalwood could be a huge north threat if they get past that 1st round game

District 8A-1

Mandarin 1 0

Sandalwood 1 0

Flagler Palm Coast 0 0

Spruce Creek 0 1

DeLand 0 1

District 8A-2

Seminole (Sanford) 1 0

Lyman 1 0

Lake Mary 1 0

Oviedo 0 0

University (Orange City) 0 1

Lake Brantley 0 1

Winter Springs 0 1

Sanford Seminole should beat at least one of those teams if not both. Were it not for problems keeping its kids at home, Sanford Seminole would probably be the second best team in Greater Orlando year in and out. 

It isn't a spelling mistake.  It is a lack of knowledge on the teams and where they are from.

I don't know a ton about Sandalwood or Mandarin.  I did see Sandalwood vs Spruce Creek but they were missing their QB.  

8A 2 looks like it is going to be Lake Brantley as the runner up and Seminole as the champ.  OC University probably going to miss the playoffs again.

I got Mandarin over Lake Brantley and Seminole over Sandalwood.  Seminole to face Apopka 3rd round but I wouldn't be shocked if Sandalwood or Mandarin came out of that region 

It isn't a spelling mistake. It is a lack of knowledge on the teams and where they are from.

I don't know a ton about Sandalwood or Mandarin. I did see Sandalwood vs Spruce Creek but they were missing their QB.

8A 2 looks like it is going to be Lake Brantley as the runner up and Seminole as the champ. OC University probably going to miss the playoffs again.

I got Mandarin over Lake Brantley and Seminole over Sandalwood. Seminole to face Apopka 3rd round but I wouldn't be shocked if Sandalwood or Mandarin came out of that region

For starters my phone spells it that way every time I type it

And secondly I agree with the district 2

Which would you consider a bigger upset?

Mandrian over Sanford or sandalwood over Sanford?

Haha, you guys are clueless.  I was at that game.  It was a carbon copy of last years game between the two....Sandalwood takes big lead, Mandarin goes in at halftime, makes adjustments, and then proceeds to shut them down and win the game.  In fact, Mandarin has outscored them 72-15 in the second halves of the last two games.  The problem with Sandalwood is they have one RB they will hand the ball to 40 to 50 times a game.  That is their game plan with no plan B.  Stop that one mule and you stop them.  Most of their yards came in the first half.  Once Mandarin crowded the box and shut the back down it was just a matter of time.  The turnovers (pick six and sack, scoop and score) came from Sandalwood attempting to pass in the third quarter because their one option had been shut down.  Similar to last year when Mandarin scored 31 points in about a four minute stretch in the third quarter.

Haha, you guys are clueless.  I was at that game.  It was a carbon copy of last years game between the two....Sandalwood takes big lead, Mandarin goes in at halftime, makes adjustments, and then proceeds to shut them down and win the game.  In fact, Mandarin has outscored them 72-15 in the second halves of the last two games.  The problem with Sandalwood is they have one RB they will hand the ball to 40 to 50 times a game.  That is their game plan with no plan B.  Stop that one mule and you stop them.  Most of their yards came in the first half.  Once Mandarin crowded the box and shut the back down it was just a matter of time.  The turnovers (pick six and sack, scoop and score) came from Sandalwood attempting to pass in the third quarter because their one option had been shut down.  Similar to last year when Mandarin scored 31 points in about a four minute stretch in the third quarter.

Thanks for the insight shredstar.  I don't know much about the teams in Jacksonville area and apparently no one on here was aware of the details.   If Mandarin knew that was all Sandalwood had , then why didn't they just stack the box in the first half? I mean, why put yourself in a 0-28 hole and allow a RB to drop 300+ yards on you in one half?

So to conclude...Sandalwood has  a very one dimensional ground attack offense....

That seems to be the theme of 8A throughout the state this year - Ugly offense.

Haha, you guys are clueless. I was at that game. It was a carbon copy of last years game between the two....Sandalwood takes big lead, Mandarin goes in at halftime, makes adjustments, and then proceeds to shut them down and win the game. In fact, Mandarin has outscored them 72-15 in the second halves of the last two games. The problem with Sandalwood is they have one RB they will hand the ball to 40 to 50 times a game. That is their game plan with no plan B. Stop that one mule and you stop them. Most of their yards came in the first half. Once Mandarin crowded the box and shut the back down it was just a matter of time. The turnovers (pick six and sack, scoop and score) came from Sandalwood attempting to pass in the third quarter because their one option had been shut down. Similar to last year when Mandarin scored 31 points in about a four minute stretch in the third quarter.

Have you seen Fletcher or first coast this year?