Most exposed team last night

SportsFan

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Celebration should go independent or play eight-man football

Probably not a bad idea in the down cycle they are currently in.  They had been making some headway when Coach Rich Pringle was there before abandoning ship and returning to Lake Gibson.  And what does that say about Space Coast HS in Cocoa who got beat by Celebration. :lol:

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

Probably not a bad idea in the down cycle they are currently in.  They had been making some headway when Coach Rich Pringle was there before abandoning ship and returning to Lake Gibson.  And what does that say about Space Coast HS in Cocoa who got beat by Celebration. :lol:

There needs to be a public school 8 man league. We need to get as many bad teams as possible out of districts. Leave 11 man to the teams that can compete for a title. And the only way to get back in 11 man is to win the 8 man title. Lol 

15 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Kissimmee Osceola, when fully healthy, is *much* better than their current mark. They will win this district handily and cannot be counted out of the 4S hunt if they go into the playoffs with Melendez back. 

They basically pulling a Treasure Coast from a couple seasons back. Or was that last season

13 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

To take that a step further, looking at the FHSAA rankings (they haven't been updated yet today) we should have a running clock put on us by Mainland on Thursday night much less have any chance of winning.... #2 vs #302.   Let's see what surprises this season has yet to grace us with.  By the way, Nolebull813 has been correct in the two previous district games as a running clock was in effect during the first half in each.  Will have to wait on the outcome with TOHO till next weekend. 

TOHO will definitely be a running clock 

8 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Space Coast dropped out of Cocoa's district and is independent this season SSAC with Cocoa Beach 

4 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Space Coast dropped out of Cocoa's district and is independent this season SSAC with Cocoa Beach 

That’s exactly what these teams need to be doing. I like it. Create a league for other teams similar to FCS, Division 2, and Division 3 in college. Not classifications, but completely different leagues of teams. 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

That’s exactly what these teams need to be doing. I like it. Create a league for other teams similar to FCS, Division 2, and Division 3 in college. Not classifications, but completely different leagues of teams. 

I definitely agree with you on this. Isn't that what a couple other states do. Where they have classifications but each class is split into different divisions based on the success of the specific team or something?

2 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

I definitely agree with you on this. Isn't that what a couple other states do. Where they have classifications but each class is split into different divisions based on the success of the specific team or something?

I know some states split classes but I’m not sure the criteria or reason of the split.

The SSAC is the closest thing we have to a sub division. We need more teams joining the SSAC and/or more SSAC type conferences to give a home to these teams that can’t play 11 man football at the required level for real competition 

57 minutes ago, AllOsceolaCountyFB said:

Any Public high schools that went 8 man would never return, that would be a program killer.

But There are teams in this area such as Celebration and Liberty that need to either go independent or join the SSAC 

I don’t think so because if they ever made the jump back to 11 man years down the road, they couldn’t be any worse than what they are now 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

Orange City University suffered their first defeat to DeLand. They contained DeLand's offense. But unfortunately, had no offense of their own. 

I did see that though my question would be is that result really a surprise? DeLand is a top 10 team in 4S and Orange City losing by 10-14 ish to them is about what I would expect

Though good win for DeLand last night

11 minutes ago, SportsFan said:

I did see that though my question would be is that result really a surprise? DeLand is a top 10 team in 4S and Orange City losing by 10-14 ish to them is about what I would expect

Though good win for DeLand last night

Yes, DeLand is a top 10 in 4S. But Orange City was making a case for a like ranking. Not a big surprise, but they probably confirmed what the doubters thought. 

39 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Orange city University what is the most exposed team of the year so far. They haven’t played a soul all year and Deland isn’t a world beater. They are really good and will get some top 25 consideration. 

so the second university gets a sniff of real competition they fold like cheap, wet origami

Hudson?