Hudson 18, Williston 49 - final

nolebull813

9 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

The official should have told the coaches that he is not allowed to look at the video, and if the coaches don't not stop talking about the video, then an unsportsmanlike conduct foul will be enforced on the Head Coach. Officials CANNOT look at videos during a game under any circumstances, and if the coaches do not understand this, than they need to be made to understand through a penalty, and possible ejection of the Head Coach if this unacceptable behavior continues. Are Hudson and Williston High Schools relatively close to each other, distance wise?   

The way it looked from where I was sitting is the ref was standing on the sideline and was called to turn around and look at the screen. He turned around with natural human reaction from being called. When they were explaining to him the reason for the call, he naturally looked at what they were talking about and then realized it was a waste of time and he shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t walk over there and study the video and debate it with them. He did what anyone in that capacity would have done. The interaction was literally seconds long and then done and over with it 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

The way it looked from where I was sitting is the ref was standing on the sideline and was called to turn around and look at the screen. He turned around with natural human reaction from being called. When they were explaining to him the reason for the call, he naturally looked at what they were talking about and then realized it was a waste of time and he shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t walk over there and study the video and debate it with them. He did what anyone in that capacity would have done. The interaction was literally seconds long and then done and over with it 

All right, but the official should still have told them this was unacceptable for the sideline to request him to view a video during the game. The next time that Williston tries to pull that off with another official, there might, and should, be another reaction that they might not expect. The Head Coach from Wiilliston needs to made aware that this is unacceptable, and should handle this behavior from his sideline accordingly. 

1 hour ago, Jambun82 said:

All right, but the official should still have told them this was unacceptable for the sideline to request him to view a video during the game. The next time that Williston tries to pull that off with another official, there might, and should, be another reaction that they might not expect. The Head Coach from Wiilliston needs to made aware that this is unacceptable, and should handle this behavior from his sideline accordingly. 

He could have told them something but I would never have been able to hear it from the Hudson stands. And his back was turned to me at that point. So he could have definitely said something. I’m not sure. It was a BS call though

10 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

He could have told them something but I would never have been able to hear it from the Hudson stands. And his back was turned to me at that point. So he could have definitely said something. I’m not sure. It was a BS call though

Nolebull813, you disagreed with the foul, not feeling that there was a ineligible player more than 3 yards downfield. Then, the penalty was enforced as a loss-of-down foul, and Williston was not allowed to repeat fourth down, is that correct? 

14 minutes ago, Jambun82 said:

Yes, thank you. It seems like certain areas of the state are well-represented by message board posters on this and the Fla Varsity Football Central message board in the past. The Tampa-metro area seems to be one of those areas. 

On this board, Tampa and to a lesser extent, the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area are well represented. Then there are a few posters from the extended Orlando area including Volusia and Broward, and then a smattering of posters from the rest of the entire state. On the old Florida Varsity board, most of the remaining posters are from SW Florida beginning in Tampa Bay and working itself down to the Ft. Myers area.  

7 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Yes, thank you. It seems like certain areas of the state are well-represented by message board posters on this and the Fla Varsity Football Central message board in the past. The Tampa-metro area seems to be one of those areas. 

FYI the Suncoast area teams you will frequently see in the playoffs are Nature Coast Tech, Zephyrhills, Hudson, Springstead, Mitchell, Land o Lakes and Pasco HS.  Mitchell HS is went on a run a couple years ago and had a 4th quarter lead on Edgewater in the regional final until Edgewater scored late to win.

14 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

On this board, Tampa and to a lesser extent, the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area are well represented. Then there are a few posters from the extended Orlando area including Volusia and Broward, and then a smattering of posters from the rest of the entire state. On the old Florida Varsity board, most of the remaining posters are from SW Florida beginning in Tampa Bay and working itself down to the Ft. Myers area.  

I always wondered what happened to OU112, and a few others from Southeast Florida/Dade County. 

7 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

FYI the Suncoast area teams you will frequently see in the playoffs are Nature Coast Tech, Zephyrhills, Hudson, Springstead, Mitchell, Land o Lakes and Pasco HS.  Mitchell HS is went on a run a couple years ago and had a 4th quarter lead on Edgewater in the regional final until Edgewater scored late to win.

That is good to know. 

5 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I always wondered what happened to OU112, and a few others from Southeast Florida/Dade County. 

I believe some of them occasionally read but no longer post. Other posters move on when their kids graduate or when their team has multiple down years. I have been fortunate in that Apopka has remained consistently competitive over the years. 

If the team started to really suck, it would test whether or not I am just a Fairweather fan. So far, I have not had to deal with that. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I believe some of them occasionally read but no longer post. Other posters move on when their kids graduate or when their team has multiple down years. I have been fortunate in that Apopka has remained consistently competitive over the years. 

If the team started to really suck, it would test whether or not I am just a Fairweather fan. So far, I have not had to deal with that. 

Yes, but don't you have some Grandchildren going through school? You probably will stay interested in High School Football for many years to come. 

4 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Other posters move on when their kids graduate or when their team has multiple down years.

I have an 11th grader and 8th grader moving through the Palm Harbor program but I have always been a FL HS football fan since my own playing days down in Charlotte County so I find it interesting to get the inside scoop on other teams on this board. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

My only grandchild lives on the other side of the planet. He's being brought up in a bilingual family setting. 

Oh, all right. Well, you could look at it this way: one of the great positives to staying involved with high school football and posting on this message board is that you get to interact with me! That is some great incentive for you right there! 

3 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Oh, all right. Well, you could look at it this way: one of the great positives to staying involved with high school football and posting on this message board is that you get to interact with me! That is some great incentive for you right there! 

I will give you this; you have one of the most exaggerated opinions of one's self that I have ever encountered. And I have been around the block a few times. 

I will acknowledge, that you have clarified a few football rules for the benefit of the message board. 

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I will give you this; you have one of the most exaggerated opinions of one's self that I have ever encountered. And I have been around the block a few times. 

I will acknowledge, that you have clarified a few football rules for the benefit of the message board. 

Thank you for all of the great compliments, DarterBlue2!