Can Dwyer be a factor in 7A?

mbhs69

Assuming Dwyer gets past Ft. Lauderdale in rd 1, they'd meet STA in rd 2.

Dwyer's scored over 330 points, and a solid D gave up only 32 points in regular season (not counting their 34-17 loss to Northwestern in the koc).  Not shabby numbers although they've had a somewhat easy schedule against Palm Beach county schools.   How would Dwyer do against STA?  , and IF they upset them ... how could they do going down the rest of the 7A road to states?  Jack Daniels is still at the helm.

I think if you gave Flanagan the Dwyer schedule, you would have similar results  - defensively speaking.  I surely give the edge to Dwyer over Flanagan offensively but realistically  I don't think it will appear much different to the STA defense.....  When you have faced Bisop Gorman's offense, Dwyer will look like a JV offense.

I believe STA will basically do what they please with Dwyer.  The Dwyer DLine is in for shock and awe...

I dont get out much of our area to see other teams play. What does Dwyer do better than the others in the south?

If STA was not here they would be the team to beat ?

Id say they would be up there with Venice & BR.   It's just dwyer has slipped under the radar a bit.   Plant has quietly had a nice undefeated season as well.  I watched a bit of Dwyer vs MNW KoC and that game was pretty even for the time I watched (MNW ended up winning, but Dwyer has some talent).   It's a shame Dwyer has to meet STA 2nd round.

I dont get out much of our area to see other teams play. What does Dwyer do better than the others in the south?

If STA was not here they would be the team to beat ?

Find an easier schedule.  I heard they have not played ANY BROWARD OR DADE teams in the REGULAR season for decades....

They even have been dodging Oxbridge Academy for a few years and they are right down the street...

If STA was not in 7A Dwyers chances to get to win states would be a lot better.  The same goes for about 8 other 7A teams.

Id say they would be up there with Venice & BR.   It's just dwyer has slipped under the radar a bit.   Plant has quietly had a nice undefeated season as well.  I watched a bit of Dwyer vs MNW KoC and that game was pretty even for the time I watched (MNW ended up winning, but Dwyer has some talent).   It's a shame Dwyer has to meet STA 2nd round.

I got no sympathy for coward teams with cruise control regular season schedules.   It is the Cardinal Gibbons type teams that go out of conference to better themselves and have powers like AHP in the second round that is a shame to me....

Dwyer beat some decent teams in Boynton Beach (away) 40-0 and Palm Beach Lakes 40-3. 

Dwyer beat some decent teams in Boynton Beach (away) 40-0 and Palm Beach Lakes 40-3. 

I guess...But Oxbridge would put the same type scores or worse to those schools IMO.   I think Mater Academy and McArthur  are better than PB Lakes in 7A.

Why do you think  Dwyer is dodging Oxbridge Academy?     

I know Broward and Dade guys have more respect for Oxbridge Academy for testing the waters south  of Palm Beach - win or lose.

I guess...But Oxbridge would put the same type scores or worse to those schools IMO.   I think Mater Academy and McArthur  are better than PB Lakes in 7A.

Why do you think  Dwyer is dodging Oxbridge Academy?     

I know Broward and Dade guys have more respect for Oxbridge Academy for testing the waters south  of Palm Beach - win or lose.

Probably worried about losing players to them LOL.  

Yeah they should definitely play Oxbridge every year, but would you be really confident in Oxbridge against Dwyer?   50/50 IMO.  

Yes.  I'll take a team that beat Flanagan and Carol City in close games over what I perceive Dwyer "could" be .   I'll  always take a team that has showed me something versus a team that carries a "what if" stigma...

All I'm saying is Dwyer has had this sort of similar schedule for a while, and they've pulled off the STA upset more than once.   I don't think they can this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they gave STA their toughest game.  STA and their coaches will probably want to make a statement though do to the history.  

STA has just been on another level to be honest this year.  

I think STA is about the same as last year.  Probably defensively... and offensively the loss of Sam Bruce was huge.  I just think the teams in Broward overall are way down compared to last year.  The best public school in Broward right now probably would struggle to 2015 Coconut Creek or 2015 Plantation who were like the 6th and 7th best schools in the county last year....

I think STA is about the same as last year.  Probably defensively... and offensively the loss of Sam Bruce was huge.  I just think the teams in Broward overall are way down compared to last year.  The best public school in Broward right now probably would struggle to 2015 Coconut Creek or 2015 Plantation who were like the 6th and 7th best schools in the county last year....

Nah their offensive line is better and their running game is much better IMO.   Yes Broward is down, but STA is better IMO.   Allen is better without having the pressure of getting the ball to his "go to" Wrs.   It showed vs Gorman when Grimes went down.  

STA is better with a more dominant run game vs a slightly better wr corps IMO.    

Nah their offensive line is better and their running game is much better IMO. Yes Broward is down, but STA is better IMO. Allen is better without having the pressure of getting the ball to his "go to" Wrs. It showed vs Gorman when Grimes went down.

Most of the backups on STA would be starters on other teams so it not like he throwing to a jv receiver