Jump to content

Is Sumner on the verge of being a dominant program?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

Funny (in the ironic sense):  now that Plant is showing signs of returning to its glory years, it ends up in the same district as Armwood under the new district classifications.   That should make things interesting. 

Armwood vs Plant was THE game in Hillsborough County for 15 years. A natural born rivalry based simply on success. Nothing more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, Perspective said:

Per reports, George Selvie, a former defensive end for the University of South Florida, has been named the new head coach at Sumner.  

Great player for the Bulls. Played a bunch in the NFL as well. In todays world he may have transferred to an Alabama or Ohio State after he made All-American his sophomore season. But that wasn't a thing yet. AHHHHH the good ole days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2024 at 3:22 PM, Perspective said:

Per reports, George Selvie, a former defensive end for the University of South Florida, has been named the new head coach at Sumner.  

 

On 6/10/2024 at 5:38 PM, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

Great player for the Bulls. Played a bunch in the NFL as well. In todays world he may have transferred to an Alabama or Ohio State after he made All-American his sophomore season. But that wasn't a thing yet. AHHHHH the good ole days.

He was USF’s first All-American I believe. I got a picture with him. It was in 2007 after the West Virginia game when we all rushed the field. That year started out magical. We best ranked Auburn at Auburn, so then we became ranked I believe 18th, and had #5 West Virginia at home when they had the lethal offense led by Pat White, Steve Slaton, and freshman Noel Devine. 
 

Selvie was a consensus All American that year too. As a Sophomore!!

Maybe I’ll hit up a Sumner game and ask if we can recreate the same photo from 17 years ago :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2024 at 9:26 AM, nolebull813 said:

 

He was USF’s first All-American I believe. I got a picture with him. It was in 2007 after the West Virginia game when we all rushed the field. That year started out magical. We best ranked Auburn at Auburn, so then we became ranked I believe 18th, and had #5 West Virginia at home when they had the lethal offense led by Pat White, Steve Slaton, and freshman Noel Devine. 
 

Selvie was a consensus All American that year too. As a Sophomore!!

Maybe I’ll hit up a Sumner game and ask if we can recreate the same photo from 17 years ago :P

Those years with Jim Leavitt as the HC were awesome.  Fun to watch him start the program from scratch and turn it into a highly competitive D1 program. Dude was intense as hell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...


×
×
  • Create New...