Vero Beach road playoff losses

Floridatech

Some interesting things about Vero on the road in the playoffs....

Tell me one thing that y'all noticed about their mistakes in the playoffs

Costly turnovers. It seems they lose their cool on the road. But you know what? At some stage their run of bad luck/mistakes comes to an end. The question is: is this the week?

Costly turnovers. It seems they lose their cool on the road. But you know what? At some stage their run of bad luck/mistakes comes to an end. The question is: is this the week?

Bingo with the turnovers part but idk anymore if they are gonna turn the real corner(beating a team on the road in the playoffs) i mean they can but i think DP is gonna bring all them RBs out and that D Line is gonna turn up.This will be the toughest team Vero has seen all year long.

Vero Beach top wins

Ridge Community

Sebastian River

Palm Beach Gardens

Dr Philips lost to both Mainland and Apopka to teams that are good despite Apopka being beaten by Timber Creek.

Vero needs to be able to stop the run on 1st and 10 and 2nd and medium downs. Vero slants and shoots the gaps a lot, which is risky and not very sound. It is too late to change the scheme and the way the kids are coached. Vero will have to be in a shoot out to have a chance. They have 8 or 9 senior defensive starters, but with the lack of technique and sound gap responsibilities they will have issues. On offense they are very dangerous and can move the ball well with their quick passes. The o-Line does not kick step but rather back pedals on passes. If DP's secondary can cover up the creases and allow the talented d-line to make contact with the OL within two yards of the LOS then that can cause issues. Vero has not faced anyone like DP this season. Jankowski's lack of scheduling has always been the demise of Vero in the playoffs. Schedule tougher games and go on the road for a few will help in the long run. Regular season and home win streaks dont mean a thing if you cant make it to the 3rd and 4th rounds on a consistent basis.

Vero needs to be able to stop the run on 1st and 10 and 2nd and medium downs. Vero slants and shoots the gaps a lot, which is risky and not very sound. It is too late to change the scheme and the way the kids are coached. Vero will have to be in a shoot out to have a chance. They have 8 or 9 senior defensive starters, but with the lack of technique and sound gap responsibilities they will have issues. On offense they are very dangerous and can move the ball well with their quick passes. The o-Line does not kick step but rather back pedals on passes. If DP's secondary can cover up the creases and allow the talented d-line to make contact with the OL within two yards of the LOS then that can cause issues. Vero has not faced anyone like DP this season. Jankowski's lack of scheduling has always been the demise of Vero in the playoffs. Schedule tougher games and go on the road for a few will help in the long run. Regular season and home win streaks dont mean a thing if you cant make it to the 3rd and 4th rounds on a consistent basis.

Now that is a damn sound analysis @Just A Coach!  Very solid!

I agree 100% and im leaning on DP to win they have alot of RBs and a good QB so that would mean they could keep our O off the field burn clock and wear down our defense.DP also has a defensive line that has D1 players on it so it'll be the biggest challenge for Vero's O line this year since a bad Spring loss to Dwyer

Ouch

When you have a losing streak in the road like that it's mental preparation that gets you past those games

You can't be intimidated to play on someone else's turf, got to treat it like Ik we gonna be booed by the opponent fans and we don't give a crap it our place and we will win and give you something to boo about

Your welcome in advance ;)

I am not nearly as close linked to Vero as floridatech is but I've always felt the atmosphere at the citrus bowl was there biggest advantage and disadvantage. Having so many home games every year and playing in front of those fans becomes the norm and playing on the road becomes increasingly more difficult

I am not nearly as close linked to Vero as floridatech is but I've always felt the atmosphere at the citrus bowl was there biggest advantage and disadvantage. Having so many home games every year and playing in front of those fans becomes the norm and playing on the road becomes increasingly more difficult

Exactly beating Martin County Palm Beach Central George Jenkins and your district opponents aint gonna cut it