Vero Beach 2024 Football Schedule

Vero Indian

55 minutes ago, Vero Indian said:

Yea me too, I'm surprised Sebastian ain't ended up on the schedule again 

The current administration and Coach Perry have made it clear they don’t intend on playing Vero anymore while they’re in charge. It’s a shame because it’s a natural rivalry (the only two public high schools in the county.)

Sebastian is finally back in the fhsaa after a couple years in the ssac. They are trying to rebuild the program after struggling just to get enough kids just to field a team, getting embarrassed by Vero would probably not help those efforts. They won’t win their district (Jensen beach is the probable favorite I would think) but it’s a step in the right direction. 

1 minute ago, Drogo said:

The current administration and Coach Perry have made it clear they don’t intend on playing Vero anymore while they’re in charge. It’s a shame because it’s a natural rivalry (the only two public high schools in the county.)

Sebastian is finally back in the fhsaa after a couple years in the ssac. They are trying to rebuild the program after struggling just to get enough kids just to field a team, getting embarrassed by Vero would probably not help those efforts. They won’t win their district (Jensen beach is the probable favorite I would think) but it’s a step in the right direction. 

I see

• Vero Indian changed the title to Vero Beach 2024 Football Schedule

As Joshua Wilson's article reported, a first draft of an FHSAA NIL policy has been published.  The next step is a FHSAA Board of Directors' workshop on April 21 regarding the NIL policy.  How long it will take this process to come up with an actual NIL policy is anyone's guess.  The FHSAA would seemingly want to develop its own policy before the Florida state legislature gets involved.  Since the legislature does not meet again until March 2025 (barring a special session called by the governor), the FHSAA has almost a year to work with.  One other possibility is an NIL lawsuit being brought by a student-athlete (and his lawyer/agent) against the FHSAA (similar to past lawsuits against the NCAA).  Again, an incentive for the FHSAA to develop a policy in a timely manner (with all the good and bad aspects it will likely bring).

https://floridahsfootball.com/2024/02/26/fhsaa-board-of-directors-drafted-nil-language-discussed-while-rural-classification-sees-more-changes/ 

On 3/10/2024 at 9:46 PM, Vero Indian said:

Spring game: West Boca 5/13

8/23 @ Eau Gallie

8/30 Gainesville Bucholz 

9/6 Homestead

9/12 @ Centennial (district)

9/20 @ Palm Bay Heritage

9/27 Fort Pierce Central (district)

10/4 Miami Booker T Washington 

10/11 @ Rockledge

10/18 BYE

10/25 Treasure Coast (district)