Ryan Stanley Flanagan Alum

DarterBlue2

It appears the 2016 Flanagan grad and now Redshirt SO Stanley is still sporting the same signature mullet he had in high school....His knickname at Flanagan was actually "Sunshine"   :

A3aeE2kCcAIjdSW.png

Found this read courtesy of CBS Sports:

The first TD of the season goes to ...

While the FBS games don't kick off until Saturday afternoon, FCS teams are already underway, and we have our first official touchdown of the 2017 college footballseason. Congratulations to Florida A&M QB Ryan Stanley on his 10-yard scamper for the score. We're willing to bet this won't be the last touchdown of the season, but it's just a hunch.

DIK1r0WXkAEyu8l.jpg

Oh, and if you're wondering what Stanley's glorious hair looks like, here you go. Presenting to you the early frontrunner for the best hair in college football (the #Hairsman). 

View image on Twitter
Twitter photo by: Bryan Fischer

FAMU quarterback Ryan Stanley has quite the headshot.

another read from herosports:

http://herosports.com/fcs-football/famu-ryan-stanley-first-touchdown-2017-college-football-season-byby

I was actually glad Columbus beat Flanagan in the semis. I watched video of both teams and concluded that. offensively, Stanley would be a lot harder to stop than the Columbus QB. He was a true dual threat while I knew the Columbus QB was going to have to do it in the air only against Apopka's athletic D. 

5 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I was actually glad Columbus beat Flanagan in the semis. I watched video of both teams and concluded that. offensively, Stanley would be a lot harder to stop than the Columbus QB. He was a true dual threat while I knew the Columbus QB was going to have to do it in the air only against Apopka's athletic D. 

That Columbus QB Tucker Beirne went to FCS Bryant in 2015 , walked on to UM in 2016, and returning to SFL seemed to have get the best of him.  His football playing days are likely over after an incident in the Keys he will likely regret the rest of his life:

https://www.local10.com/sports/college-football/hurricanes-football/university-of-miami-quarterback-tucker-beirne-arrested-in-keys

NBC actually has Police Blotter webpage for D1 football and it is unfortunately a lot more extensive than one may guess:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/police-blotter/

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

That Columbus QB Tucker Beirne went to FCS Bryant in 2015 , walked on to UM in 2016, and returning to SFL seemed to have get the best of him.  His football playing days are likely over after an incident in the Keys he will likely regret the rest of his life:

https://www.local10.com/sports/college-football/hurricanes-football/university-of-miami-quarterback-tucker-beirne-arrested-in-keys

NBC actually has Police Blotter webpage for D1 football and it is unfortunately a lot more extensive than one may guess:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/police-blotter/

I am real sorry to hear that. It is always sad when a young person messes up their life like that. I had no idea. Tucker had a good arm, and was built, but was not very mobile.

Columbus had a lot of passing yards against Apopka in the 2014 final, but negative rushing yards. 

14 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I am real sorry to hear that. It is always sad when a young person messes up their life like that. I had no idea. Tucker had a good arm, and was built, but was not very mobile.

Columbus had a lot of passing yards against Apopka in the 2014 final, but negative rushing yards. 

Bierne ended his career at Columbus with like 7,958 total yards or something and is all-time leading passer at the school.  Bierne was not very mobile but in a north south sense,  I do remember a few times that year he would read a gap well with the need of a a yard or two and usually get it.  He was probably a solid 6' 2" 240+ his Senior year.

Stanley seems to be evolving into a pretty good FCS QB up at Florida A&M.

On a side note look for  2016 Flanagan Grad  and now RS FR  Akron starting QB Kato Nelson to be welcomed to FBS football in Happy Valley this coming weekend.  That'll break you in quick! 

Nelson was also a dual-threat QB but more of a lateral slasher when mobile than Stanley.  Stanley surveyed the field and and if he read open space he would take off with very deceptive Nike certified 4.62 speed.

And of course the 2017 QB grad Stanford Samuels has joined the FSU Elite DB core and you have a former Flanagan 2018 QB Desjaun Kearse now with Champagnat-Catholic coming off an impressive win @  7A Doral Academy.  Kearse is also a dual-threat QB that to me is highly underrated and should help Champagnat-Catholic significantly on their run to Orlando.  Kearse is also a very good WR.

His hudl is worth a peak .  Check out his pinned 8/20/2017 highlight :

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4164886/desjaun-kearse

7 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Bierne ended his career at Columbus with like 7,958 total yards or something and is all-time leading passer at the school.  Bierne was not very mobile but in a north south sense,  I do remember a few times that year he would read a gap well with the need of a a yard or two and usually get it.  He was probably a solid 6' 2" 240+ his Senior year.

Nice enough kid, but he never held the confidence of his teammates during his three year tenure. Father was a big contributor to the school, but probably should have been replaced with the backup Ros during his senior year. Kids played above their ability for Alejandro. Bierne often warmed up alone.

5 hours ago, ExplorerHomer said:

Nice enough kid, but he never held the confidence of his teammates during his three year tenure. Father was a big contributor to the school, but probably should have been replaced with the backup Ros during his senior year. Kids played above their ability for Alejandro. Bierne often warmed up alone.

Interesting...Is Ros still playing football anywhere?  He had some impressive numbers himself his Senior year  (2015) putting up over 2,000 yards passing, 22 TDs and only 5 INTs.   That Columbus team was was damn good as well.