Western (1-0) @ Dillard (0-1)

On 8/29/2017 at 8:45 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

If Dillard makes the playoffs and is still in contention the week of Thanksgiving, I may make it then, depending on which South Florida teams are still playing. As of now, I plan on being in South Florida (North Miami Court) for Thanksgiving. My sister lives there. 

Good morning bro so I woke up with heavy football on my mind so I decided to go watch some film on western and ended up coming across their full game vs south broward.

and I got to be honest I'm not seeing the hype about this team their Team looks like Dillard's Jv team Western has no debt looks like thy have no more then 35 40 players give or take. Their OL and DL is extremely small the edges are always open to get a free run at the Qb which means any team with atleast a avg Pass rush will light western Qb up their Star running back looks no taller then 5'2 like Ahp old running back and they look very slow.

so to be favored only by 1 is laughable to me and to be predicted to lose by many is like a disrespect to our program lol Like seriously Douglas looked way better then this last year and they were bigger.

maybe I can't see but where did all this Western hype come from is it because they didn't go their usually 2-8! Or 3-7 Selfs??? They beat a south broward team last week what 33-7 ummm since when did a win over south broward means a statement was made ??? Like western last year sure south broward wasn't their usual sorry selfs and actually looked some what decent but on the same token who did they really face and who did they beat worth meantioning ???

and even if let's say last year south broward was solid most if not all that talent is gone eaither by graduation or transferd out south broward looked just as slow and was just as small as western was south broward Qb looked every bit of 5'3 south broWards defense and offense looked dead slow with zero push on either end so as I'm looking at the game now my mouth is open like Huhhhh????!!?? I really hope western wasn't hyped up to walk in a lions den to get blew the hell out in the first 2 Quarters...I'm telling u now if Dillard don't score atleast 30 I would be very disappointed 

3 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Good morning bro so I woke up with heavy football on my mind so I decided to go watch some film on western and ended up coming across their full game vs south broward.

and I got to be honest I'm not seeing the hype about this team their Team looks like Dillard's Jv team Western has no debt looks like thy have no more then 35 40 players give or take. Their OL and DL is extremely small the edges are always open to get a free run at the Qb which means any team with atleast a avg Pass rush will light western Qb up their Star running back looks no taller then 5'2 like Ahp old running back and they look very slow.

so to be favored only by 1 is laughable to me and to be predicted to lose by many is like a disrespect to our program lol Like seriously Douglas looked way better then this last year and they were bigger.

maybe I can't see but where did all this Western hype come from is it because they didn't go their usually 2-8! Or 3-7 Selfs??? They beat a south broward team last week what 33-7 ummm since when did a win over south broward means a statement was made ??? Like western last year sure south broward wasn't their usual sorry selfs and actually looked some what decent but on the same token who did they really face and who did they beat worth meantioning ???

and even if let's say last year south broward was solid most if not all that talent is gone eaither by graduation or transferd out south broward looked just as slow and was just as small as western was south broward Qb looked every bit of 5'3 south broWards defense and offense looked dead slow with zero push on either end so as I'm looking at the game now my mouth is open like Huhhhh????!!?? I really hope western wasn't hyped up to walk in a lions den to get blew the hell out in the first 2 Quarters...I'm telling u now if Dillard don't score atleast 30 I would be very disappointed 

Is it possible both teams looked "slow" last week due to field and weather conditions for that game?

Western's field is basically in a swamp for starters and gets saturated pretty easy.

Last year Western faced Flanagan, Miramar,  and Deerfield Beach - probably worth mentioning.

South Broward lost a lot of Seniors and talent but they actually got several inbound transfers - not outbound.  Several that would start for Dillard and actually came from the same Coconut Creek team that Dillard's best players are from.

If Western waking into Dillard tonight is going to be walking into a lions den....I would say it is fair and safe to say several of Western's players have also walked into the gates of hell  having walked into Flanagan, Miramar, and Deerfield Beach the last couple years...

I expect a closer game than what you anticipate tonight....Based on what it appears you believe, Dillard should win this game in blowout fashion and get their first W of the season in style. Western has nothing to lose, they do not appear to have much of a shot in this game...

That basically said , is the  pressure on Dillard, at Home to produce a big win tonight?  

So you're basically going back to the view you had from over the summer. First you said they're going to win 41-14, then you brought it down to 28-14, now if Dillard doesn't score 30 points then you'll be disappointed. 

Before you say anything, there's no disrespect coming from this. These are all things that you have said at one point or another. Nothing else is coming from me on Western. I'll just plan on being there tonight.

10 minutes ago, DB4 said:

So you're basically going back to the view you had from over the summer. First you said they're going to win 41-14, then you brought it down to 28-14, now if Dillard doesn't score 30 points then you'll be disappointed. 

Before you say anything, there's no disrespect coming from this. These are all things that you have said at one point or another. Nothing else is coming from me on Western. I'll just plan on being there tonight.

I was just giving my intake on what I see in film yes I said 41-14 but then hearing everyone's take on Western without looking at them myself I brought it down to 28-14 but looking and analyzing film myself and knowing Dillard I personally feel they should score atleast 30 @BrowardHandicapper weather and field conditions can play a factor and it probably did but rain and a messy field don't make u look small neither does it make your o line or D line look like middle schoolers look if western is as impressive in person as they have been hyped to be I would give props with no problems but from what I seen on film this game will not be close & also like I stated earlier they have no deph that also hs nothing to do with weather or field position also their Qb and his release and accuracy was off more then on & it wasn't raining should we also consider that was because of a wet field ...eaither way I'm looking for a panthers win tonight @DB4 no disrespect tooken at all this a football forum where we come to discuss football and have our own opinions hope to catch u at the game bro.

3 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

I looked at some of the Western/South Broward video. Western is not as small or as slow as you say. However, I will stand by my pick that Dillard should beat them. Western is not anywhere near the caliber of either BTW or St. Thomas, and Dillard has shown me that they belong on the same field (even though they lost) with both those teams when they are playing their best football.

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I looked at some of the Western/South Broward video. Western is not as small or as slow as you say. However, I will stand by my pick that Dillard should beat them. Western is not anywhere near the caliber of either BTW or St. Thomas, and Dillard has shown me that they belong on the same field (even though they lost) with both those teams when they are playing their best football.

I agree bro can't wait for tonight 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Hey @"PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) ever get a chance to watch that Columbia vs Gainesville game lol

Also to answer your question idk where the hype came from but after tonight we will know where both teams really stand

Not yet lol was gonna do it today and You right about that we will after tonight let's gooooo