Columbia high team history

DisabledAccount

Yes i know to people who been here a while i posted this before but previous one is locked and i plan to keep this up to date as well as work on figuring out which schools hold the records to the defunct schools on the list

Columbia  Team History

676-332-37 record
3 championship appearances
71 winning seasons
6 undefeated seasons
20 straight winning seasons (1987-2007)
12 straight playoff appearances (1993-2004)
22 straight wins (1930-1933)
66 playoff games played
20 district championships
33 playoff seasons
20 seasons over 10 wins

Opponent overall Records:
Suwanee (58-23-3)
Gainesville (35-21-1)
St Augustine (21-8-2)
Ed White (13-3)
Valdosta (7-9-1)
Middleburg (14-0)
Leon (18-21-4)
Lincoln (8-10)
Buchhulz (17-10)
Lee (6-7)
Orange Park (19-3)
Parker (20-5)
Madison (7-7-1)
Fletcher (21-12)
Mainland (9-7-2)
Eastside (6-3)
Sante Fe (8-0)
Sandalwood (18-5)
Choctawhatchee (5-1)
Hamilton County (11-3)
Raines (9-4)
Bolles (8-4)
Bradford (17-3-2)
Palatka (13-12-5)
Ribault (7-3)
Wolfson (17-3)
Forrest (13-2)
Bishop Kenny (13-2)
Englewood (9-1)
Ocala (17-21-2)
St Paul (7-3-2)
Taylor County  (9-2)
Jackson (14-14)
Niceville (2-2)
Trenton (2-0)
Trinity Christian (1-1)
 Apopka (1-0)
Nease (1-4)
Rickards (5-1)
Lakeland (0-2)
Deland (5-2-1)
Forest (0-2)
Fort White (2-0)
Pk Young (3-2)
Vanguard (5-0)
Vero Beach (2-1)
Tate (1-2)
Mandrian (6-0)
Lake Gibson (0-1)
North Marion (2-0)
Ridgeview (5-3)
Newberry (4-0)
Atlantic Coast (3-0)
First Coast (3-0)
Chiles (1-0)
Florida Military Acedemy (1-3)
Charlmars military acedemy (0-1)
Kissimmee (2-0)
Quincy (2-2-2)
Florida Blind&Deaf (1-0-1)
St Leo (2-0)
Immaculate Conception (1-0)
{Cuba} Cuban Athletic Club (0-1)
{Tenneesee} Morristown (1-2)
{Gerogia} Glynn Academy (0-1-1)
{Gerogia} Thomasville (0-2)
{Gerogia} Jesup (0-2)
{Gerogia} Coffee County (2-0)
{Gerogia} Brooks County (1-1)
{Gerogia} Camden County (0-1)
{Gerogia} Charlton County (0-0-1)
{Gerogia} Patterson (1-0)
{Lousiana} South Lafourche (1-0)
St Pete (1-0)
Central Catholic (1-0)
Leesburg (3-2)
Ely (1-0)
Navaree (0-1)
Bartram Trail (2-2)
Oakleaf (2-0)
Union County (1-0)
Viera (0-1)
Wildwood (1-1)
High Springs (4-2)
Fernandina (12-0-1)
Alachua (2-0)
Monticello (3-0)
Sanford (4-2-2)
Lakeview (2-0)
Cross City (3-1-1)
New Syrma Beach (1-0)
Bay (0-1)
Eustis (1-1)
Jusuit (1-0)
Baker county (3-0)
Florida High (1-0-1)
Paxon (3-1)
Marianna (0-2)
South Sumter (1-0)
Riverview (2-0)
Maccleny (0-2)
Jacksonville Tech (2-0)
Seabreeze (2-2)
Green Cove Springs (3-0)
Pine Forest (0-1)
Palm Bay (1-0)
Pensacola Catholic (1-0)
Blake (0-1)
Eau Gallie (1-0)
Bradenton Southeast (1-0)
Stanton (2-0)
Lake Mary (0-1)
Washington [Pensacola] (0-1)
Escambia (1-1)
Land O' Lakes (2-0)
Gaither (1-0)
Jones (3-0)
Woodham (0-2)
Lake Bradley (2-0)
Lake Howell (1-1)
Evans [Orlando] (0-1)
Lake Weir (4-0)
Panama city Mosely (1-1)
Rutherford (2-3)
Pensacola High (3-0)
Oveido (3-0)
Fort Walton Beach (1-0)
Miami Carol City (0-1)
West Nassau (2-0)
Clay (4-0)
Fleming Island (3-1)
East Ridge (2-1)
Godby (2-3)
Mulberry (1-0)

* Notable kickoff classics and spring games listed below*

* West Orange (1-0)

*Trinity Christian (0-0-1)

*Raines (1-0)

*Apopka  (1-1)

*more to come*

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

CHS, when was the third game against Apopka? I know about the two recent KOCs but did not know the two teams had played prior to 2015/16. 

Columbia defeated apopka 22-21 in a regular season matchup 

To date it the only game between the 2 programs that counted for the record 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

It is hard to say. He is listed as UM 1992-94 and turned 19 in December 1991. So, 1991 could have been his senior season, or it could have been 1990. When he played at Apopka he was: Tight End, Linebacker, and punter. He also kicked the PATs and field goals. 

Do you know anyone who has access to apopka roster records or like a historian? 

18 minutes ago, badbird said:

I believe Sapp graduated in 1991 which means 1990 was his last football season at Apopka.  Columbia why did you include KOC and spring games for only 3 teams?  

Bc those were the ones i was with the team for, i can't fully confirm the previous years without doing a ton of digging plus i felt if i added more i would struggle to differentiate the ones that were kickoff classics and regular season when adding up wins overall

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Do you know anyone who has access to apopka roster records or like a historian? 

Good question. Not sure if anyone keeps this information. Perhaps John Peery of the Apopka Chief; but I am not sure. The school's football, if you include predecessor schools, program goes back to at least the 1930s.

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bc those were the ones i was with the team for, i can't fully confirm the previous years without doing a ton of digging plus i felt if i added more i would struggle to differentiate the ones that were kickoff classics and regular season when adding up wins overall

you played West Orange 2 years in a row.  I thought they beat you one of those games.  

12 minutes ago, badbird said:

you played West Orange 2 years in a row.  I thought they beat you one of those games.  

Nope only once

We played Trinity Christian in 2013 and in 2014 when we were supposed to return the trip they dropped us to go play Buford on ESPN 

West Orange stepped in on 1 year deal and played at Columbia 

2015/2016 we split with apopka with each road team winning 

14 minutes ago, badbird said:

you counting the Raines loss this year?  Just stop it and get rid of them.  They aren't part of the history.  They are scrimmage games like FCA or camp in the summer.  

Umm we beat raines but no i didn't add that one in,  only reason i listed them orginally is because at the time we never played Trinity Christian or West Orange so i wanted it noted that we faced them

So because we from north Florida we don't take games seriously but apopka vs mainland or BTW vs AHP is respected as treating it like a real game? 

We hit just as hard wether it scrimmage or game 

13 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I have the entire history for Apopka from 1933 their first year. 

Complete history for Gainesville, Leon, Pensacola, Lincoln, STA, Naples, Belen, Cocoa Beach, Apopka, Dr Phillips, Immokalee, Choctaw, Venice just to name a few. Lol. 

I'm interested in seeing some of the oos and big in state games for a few of those

No one from Apopka is claiming a victory over mainland.  It was a scrimmage that didn't count.  I thought you lost to Raines with the starters in?  Or are you counting the JV comeback?

and wtf does hitting hard have to do with anything?  You obviously haven't hit anyone hard lately you have given up 90 points the last two weeks. 

15 minutes ago, badbird said:

No one from Apopka is claiming a victory over mainland.  It was a scrimmage that didn't count.  I thought you lost to Raines with the starters in?  Or are you counting the JV comeback?

and wtf does hitting hard have to do with anything?  You obviously haven't hit anyone hard lately you have given up 90 points the last two weeks. 

Backups comeback not jv

Jv was banned from sideline for the game 

Hitting hard don't help when the dbs completely blow their coverage assignment 

Remember that Florida td against Kentucky that tied it up at 14?

Well that's the kinda play that happened 2-3 times last week against Madison and that was caught on film

8 minutes ago, badbird said:

Nope I refuse to watch Florida.   They are so bad on offense I prefer watching pop Warner games.  I prefer watching your film that you can barley see what happens over watching Florida's offense.  

Lol ok well since you didn't see it I'll have to describe it

Blown coverage with reciever open by 20+ yards