Lake Mary Lake Brantley

DarterBlue2

Very entertaining game that was not decided till the final seconds ticked off. Lake Mary had a 22-0 lead early in the third quarter. However, by midway though the fourth the score was 22 all. LM then proceeded to score on a nice, clock eating drive to take a 29-22 lead with about 2:30 left in the game. I started to head for the exits at this time as there was a large crowd at the game and I did not want to get boxed in. But Lake Brantley scored in two plays to tie the game at 29 with about 1:25 left o the clock. Lake Mary then drove down to the LB 15 with 8 seconds on the clock. I figured they would kick the field goal, as their kicker is decent. But the went for it on 3rd down and on a fade, the receiver seemed to catch the ball just out of bounds from my angle. However, the official, who was right on the play, signaled touchdown with three seconds on the clock. LB took the ensuing kickoff to about the 35 where the return man was pushed out of bounds, ending the game. 

While I don't see either team going deep in the playoffs, from an entertainment standpoint, I more than got my money's worth!

24 minutes ago, badbird said:

I didn’t realize this game was tonight until too late to go.  I do feel Lake Mary could sneak into the playoffs but will have to probably either upset Seminole or OC University.  

They have the offensive weapons to score on most high school teams. However, I was not very impressed with their defense. Although LB was down 22-0 early in the 3rd, they had squandered several chances early in the game including a fumble at the Lake Mary 10 on their first drive of the night (which lasted 8.5 minutes), and suffered several drive killing penalties after moving the ball with relative ease. 

I don't see them being able to beat Seminole. They could squeak by OC University, but only if University makes a lot of mistakes and fails to convert its chances. Also, with the new system, they could squeak into the playoffs as a third team from that district depending on how the other districts in region 1 play out. 

6 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Very entertaining game that was not decided till the final seconds ticked off. Lake Mary had a 22-0 lead early in the third quarter. However, by midway though the fourth the score was 22 all. LM then proceeded to score on a nice, clock eating drive to take a 29-22 lead with about 2:30 left in the game. I started to head for the exits at this time as there was a large crowd at the game and I did not want to get boxed in. But Lake Brantley scored in two plays to tie the game at 29 with about 1:25 left o the clock. Lake Mary then drove down to the LB 15 with 8 seconds on the clock. I figured they would kick the field goal, as their kicker is decent. But the went for it on 3rd down and on a fade, the receiver seemed to catch the ball just out of bounds from my angle. However, the official, who was right on the play, signaled touchdown with three seconds on the clock. LB took the ensuing kickoff to about the 35 where the return man was pushed out of bounds, ending the game. 

While I don't see either team going deep in the playoffs, from an entertainment standpoint, I more than got my money's worth!

When a retired accountant ( CPA ) claims he got his "monies worth" you can take it to the bank :)