Pahokee's rushing attack...

561_Fan

7 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

It was the first game in a month for Pahokee (week 2, bye and weeks 3/4 cancelled due to Irma). The kids hadn't practiced or been to school for 2 weeks and I'm sure they didn't do any tackling that one week of practice. I think that was Vero's third game, so they had more game experience...If you watched the game, Pahokee neutralized Vero's passing game (athlete vs athlete), no passing touchdowns. But they had success running the ball because of missed tackles and physicality...all things you lose when you're not playing or practicing (see FSU versus NC State)...28 points will be Vero's lowest point total this regular season.

Vero scored 28 on Oscar Smith too

18 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

I was at the game at here's my takeaway...passing much harder to do when timing is off from not playing or practicing...vero line weighs close to 300 lbs average and Dixon 235-245 himself...Pahokee had two big defensive tackles but not depth in the front line and vero just exerted bigger size and strength on smaller defense...I agree Pahokee has athletes at all levels and running anything to the outside not gonna work...Vero has been very successful running wildcat all season and I was surprised they didn't run it very much against Pahokee but it was probably due to Pahokees team speed

Vero jumped out quick on Pahokee. Vero was much bigger and had way more depth (8A vs 1A). But that game was close until the end. I also see Vero going very deep into the 8A playoffs.

If Pahokee had last years QB...this year's PK team is better than last. Pahokee's QB play is inconsistent. If that kid (Pahokee's QB) get's consistent, Pahokee will have no problem repeating last years success.

4 minutes ago, Original1 said:

Vero jumped out quick on Pahokee. Vero was much bigger and had way more depth (8A vs 1A). But that game was close until the end. I also see Vero going very deep into the 8A playoffs.

If Pahokee had last years QB...this year's PK team is better than last. Pahokee's QB play is inconsistent. If that kid (Pahokee's QB) get's consistent, Pahokee will have no problem repeating last years success.

Im from Vero and wont believe it until they do we host three rounds so we'll see

2 hours ago, Floridatech said:

Im from Vero and wont believe it until they do we host three rounds so we'll see

I have watched a lot of VB video this year (from Youtube). This year's VB team has a great chance of making the semifinal game. DP and Osceola are VB's greatest threats. However, I think they are even money against either.

From what I have seem VB is a fundamentally sound team with a very good, North/South running back, capable receivers, and a QB that is adequate. On defense, they seem to be the proverbial bend but don't break kind of D, that will give up some points to athletic teams. 

55 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I have watched a lot of VB video this year (from Youtube). This year's VB team has a great chance of making the semifinal game. DP and Osceola are VB's greatest threats. However, I think they are even money against either.

From what I have seem VB is a fundamentally sound team with a very good, North/South running back, capable receivers, and a QB that is adequate. On defense, they seem to be the proverbial bend but don't break kind of D, that will give up some points to athletic teams. 

The QB play is NOT lightning up the scoreboard its Dixon and athletes doing that and Dixon always have problems in the big playoff games 

On 10/7/2017 at 7:18 AM, 561_Fan said:

I guess since everyone runs the spread offense, they can't defend the I-formation any more

You know, I think this maybe becoming a problem.   So many teams are running the spread that teams seem lost when some other offense is utilized.    Deerfield Beach allowed a whole lot of points against the Jersey team they faced.   I'm guessing this was an issue.   No way that team should be able to score on DFB like that.

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

You know I think this maybbe becoming a problem.   So many teams are tunning the spread that teams seem lost when some other offense is utilized.    Deerfield Beach allowed a whole lot of points against the Jersey team they faced.   I'm guessing this was an issue.   No way that team should be anle to score on DFB like that.

do you think that explains why bolles a few years ago went through Deerfield so easily since they ran a Wing T

also do you think if a south florida played Apopka who runs a single wing would they struggle to defend?