Pahokee's rushing attack...

561_Fan

Last week, L. Williams (#9) had 175 yards and 3 touchdowns and J. Washington (#5) had 90 yards on 6 carries...This week, J. Washington had 176 yards and 3 touchdowns and L. Williams had 90 yards, 1 touchdown, on 11 carries...

...This isn't an option or misdirection offense. I-formation with a fullback, and straight downhill..last night it was completely odd to see the 8A, Gardens defense completely worn down before half and late in the fourth quarter. Their d-line stopped rushing and just caught blocks...I guess since everyone runs the spread offense, they can't defend the I-formation any more

5 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I can only say Oxbridge Academy is better then Pahokee in PB county right now.  There are a few teams that may beat them in close games on the right night, but Pahokee has is having another great year.

@561_Fan ,  how would you rate Pahokee's  strong points and weakness this year versus 2016 overall?  

I think Pahokee wins 1a this year

they just need to make sure that every player is checked in advance so they can keep the championship this time around lol

I don't know. Defeating Wakulla, Columbia, Dunnellon, and Newberry is no chicken feed. Averaging 44 ppg overwhelms most teams and may overwhelm Pahokee. You just don't beat really good teams like these if you are not darn good. These teams can all score in big numbers on any team but were overcome by the Cowboys. Bet they put it to University and Rickards. I say that Madison wins it all in 1A.

3 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I don't know. Defeating Wakulla, Columbia, Dunnellon, and Newberry is no chicken feed. Averaging 44 ppg overwhelms most teams and may overwhelm Pahokee. You just don't beat really good teams like these if you are not darn good. These teams can all score in big numbers on any team but were overcome by the Cowboys. Bet they put it to University and Rickards. I say that Madison wins it all in 1A.

Toss up to me right now but I would probably lean the Home team if both teams continue at this pace...

11 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

if Pahokee is at the level of us and healthy they will win 

14 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

Rickards is 5a, do they play Madison?

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think Pahokee wins 1a this year

they just need to make sure that every player is checked in advance so they can keep the championship this time around lol

After what happened last season, the coaches checked all kids that are up to the age limit...we lost one kid to a prep school (who would've been the starting QB) because of the age issue (not the 5 years in high school). The new AD and Admin met with the FHSAA to get a kid cleared who will turn 19 during the season..

2 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I can only say Oxbridge Academy is better then Pahokee in PB county right now.  There are a few teams that may beat them in close games on the right night, but Pahokee  is having another great year.

@561_Fan ,  how would you rate Pahokee's  strong points and weakness this year versus 2016 overall?  

The secondary is the weakest link on the team, but it was expected. #1, corner (A. Dent) transferred to PB Central and the #2 and #3 corners graduated..One safety (D. Hampton) returned, while the other (D. Nelson) is playing QB, and since the backups are sophomores, the coaches dont use him on defense. PG Gardens kinda exposed the youth in the secondary last night. 

The front 7 is nasty. If any team thinks they're just gonna line up and run the ball (option, veer, spread-option) its not gonna happen...PB Lakes and Boynton Beach had the athletes to run the spread-option and the d shut them down.

Offensively, they can do all the things from last season, but the passing game isnt as consistent (I don't think the QB wants to play the position). So we are a GROUND and POUND team. The O-line is big and deep (rotate 8-9 guys) and the down and dirty camps (lineman) are working. 

They have the same level of talent at WR and probably the best TE in the state. But inconsistent QB play and play calling has slowed the passing game. 

4 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Offensively, they can do all the things from last season, but the passing game isnt as consistent (I don't think the QB wants to play the position). So we are a GROUND and POUND team. The O-line is big and deep (rotate 8-9 guys) and the down and dirty camps (lineman) are working. 

They have the same level of talent at WR and probably the best TE in the state. But inconsistent QB play and play calling has slowed the passing game. 

Overall,  stronger then 2016?

Even...Just a different type of team...Last years team had a 3,000 yard passer and 2 1,000 yard WRs. This years team will have 2 (1,000) yard rushers and a 1,000+ yard QB.

Defensively, this team is A LOT better against the run, compared to last years team, but weaker against the pass..

...Long story short. If Madison is the same team from last year, this teams beats them easier than the team from last year. PK won 21-20, and was up 21-7 at the half...JUST MY OPINION!

4 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Even...Just a different type of team...Last years team had a 3,000 yard passer and 2 1,000 yard WRs. This years team will have 2 (1,000) yard rushers and a 1,000+ yard QB.

Defensively, this team is A LOT better against the run, compared to last years team, but weaker against the pass..

...Long story short. If Madison is the same team from last year, this teams beats them easier than the team from last year. PK won 21-20, and was up 21-7 at the half...JUST MY OPINION!

Madison tries to force the run and play physical, but was able to get some deep balls in second half on us once we were worn down, if Pahokee can shut down their run and control the procession throughout the game I see them beating Madison regardless of where the game is played

Pahokee ran ISO (right and left) up and down thr field on Madison last season (which surprised me because I thought they were a dominant team). Pahokee got in trouble when they threw the ball (2 ints, with one in the red zone about to go up 28-7, after just running every play to get into the red zone)...This is a better running team, with the same caliber athletes at WR to make you pay for loading the box.

20 hours ago, 561_Fan said:

The secondary is the weakest link on the team, but it was expected. #1, corner (A. Dent) transferred to PB Central and the #2 and #3 corners graduated..One safety (D. Hampton) returned, while the other (D. Nelson) is playing QB, and since the backups are sophomores, the coaches dont use him on defense. PG Gardens kinda exposed the youth in the secondary last night. 

The front 7 is nasty. If any team thinks they're just gonna line up and run the ball (option, veer, spread-option) its not gonna happen...PB Lakes and Boynton Beach had the athletes to run the spread-option and the d shut them down.

Didn't Akeem Dixon from Vero run for like 230 yards and a 10 plus yard for carry average against that front 7?

2 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Didn't Akeem Dixon from Vero run for like 230 yards and a 10 plus yard for carry average against that front 7?

It was the first game in a month for Pahokee (week 2, bye and weeks 3/4 cancelled due to Irma). The kids hadn't practiced or been to school for 2 weeks and I'm sure they didn't do any tackling that one week of practice. I think that was Vero's third game, so they had more game experience...If you watched the game, Pahokee neutralized Vero's passing game (athlete vs athlete), no passing touchdowns. But they had success running the ball because of missed tackles and physicality...all things you lose when you're not playing or practicing (see FSU versus NC State)...28 points will be Vero's lowest point total this regular season.

1 hour ago, 561_Fan said:

It was the first game in a month for Pahokee (week 2, bye and weeks 3/4 cancelled due to Irma). The kids hadn't practiced or been to school for 2 weeks and I'm sure they didn't do any tackling that one week of practice. I think that was Vero's third game, so they had more game experience...If you watched the game, Pahokee neutralized Vero's passing game (athlete vs athlete), no passing touchdowns. But they had success running the ball because of missed tackles and physicality...all things you lose when you're not playing or practicing (see FSU versus NC State)...28 points will be Vero's lowest point total this regular season.

I was at the game at here's my takeaway...passing much harder to do when timing is off from not playing or practicing...vero line weighs close to 300 lbs average and Dixon 235-245 himself...Pahokee had two big defensive tackles but not depth in the front line and vero just exerted bigger size and strength on smaller defense...I agree Pahokee has athletes at all levels and running anything to the outside not gonna work...Vero has been very successful running wildcat all season and I was surprised they didn't run it very much against Pahokee but it was probably due to Pahokees team speed