Mel CC loses to 1A Maryland team

nolebull813

Wow. That's pathetic. I don't care how many games they won. They are a 1A team In the middle of cow country Maryland. 

Mel CC attracts top transfers all around Brevard County just like Viera and Cocoa. They got studs a plenty. 

And they lost to some slow white farm boys from bum -=^& Maryland. 

Just goes to show you an overrated coach who is only good for recruiting can't beat hard work, execution, team work, coaching and loyalty 

terrible 

18 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Wow. That's pathetic. I don't care how many games they won. They are a 1A team In the middle of cow country Maryland. 

Mel CC attracts top transfers all around Brevard County just like Viera and Cocoa. They got studs a plenty. 

And they lost to some slow white farm boys from bum fu€k Maryland. 

Just goes to show you an overrated coach who is only good for recruiting can't beat hard work, execution, team work, coaching and loyalty 

terrible 

smh you just don't like any team do you

So, my very smart, strapping younger brother added up MCC's probable point total at the end of the year based on how the teams they play will finish. Here's what he came up with:

MCC

BuFord (9-1) Cat 1 Loss           33pts     
PBC (7-2) Cat 2 Win                45pts
Liberty (4-6) Cat 3 Win            40pts   
Archbishop M. (6-4) Cat 2 Win    48pts
Bishop Moore (8-2) Cat 1 Loss     33pts                   
Fort Hill (10-0) Cat 1 Loss           33pts
South Fork (1-7) Cat 4 Win         35pts  
Atlantic (1-9)  Cat 4 Win           35pts  
FPC  (3-5)  Cat 4 Win                38pts     
------------
340/9 = 37.7

For reference, King's Academy, Oxbridge and Orlando First Academy are expected to hover around the 40 point mark to finish the season- thus, MCC's 37.7 point total puts them in a dogfight for the 4th seed.

My immediate feedback is that MCC, Taylor (Pierson), Winter Park Trinity Prep, Cardinal Newman are in the same pack for 4th.  Taylor (Pierson) plays a crucial game against Crescent City on 10/27. If Taylor (Pierson) wins that one, it would give them category 2 win points. In summary, if Taylor wins out, I project them to finish at 37.9 which would just be enough to keep MCC out of the playoffs.

By all estimates, there were between 7-8000 in attendance for last night's game. Including about 50 or so who made the trip up with Melbourne. They were quite vocal and bordered on obnoxious at times. Are their fans always like that?  Seems like they took a cue from their head coach who kept pointing toward the scoreboard when they were ahead and engaged with the fans. Kind of classless for a head coach IMO. After the game, had a chance to speak to one of the Melbourne assistants, heck of a nice guy, and he admitted that Melbourne had never played in that type of atmosphere and it affected the team.

12 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

And they lost to some slow white farm boys from bum fu€k Maryland. 

terrible 

1st of all... this isn’t “cow country” lol.

2nd Fort Hill is a small School with former large school traditions.

FH is 4 time defending champions winning 62 of their last 63 games.

FH would have more D1 players if people didn’t have the same mind set about 1A football. Ty Johnson who is starting RB at UMD lead the nation last year in YPC came from FH. 

This was a great game. MCC’s QB has a bright future ahead of him. I feel it was MCC’s quick scores, and FH’s long slow drives were the difference maker. MCC’s defense was on the field most of the night, and by the 4th it showed.

great effort by both teams. It was one of the best games I’ve witnessed at Greenway Ave Stadium 

12 minutes ago, GenSneaky said:

1st of all... this isn’t “cow country” lol.

2nd Fort Hill is a small School with former large school traditions.

FH is 4 time defending champions winning 62 of their last 63 games.

FH would have more D1 players if people didn’t have the same mind set about 1A football. Ty Johnson who is starting RB at UMD lead the nation last year in YPC came from FH. 

This was a great game. MCC’s QB has a bright future ahead of him. I feel it was MCC’s quick scores, and FH’s long slow drives were the difference maker. MCC’s defense was on the field most of the night, and by the 4th it showed.

great effort by both teams. It was one of the best games I’ve witnessed at Greenway Ave Stadium 

don't pay any attention to nolebull, he like that about any non tampa teams lol

also welcome to the board, I can tell you a Fort Hill fan from reading that and even though its not very often Fort Hill plays a florida team your more then welcome to stay, even though its called a florida board last year we opened up the discussions to include any state and any level of football so you wouldn't be restricted to post about them 

I'm curious where does Fort Hill stack up against other teams in Maryland?

30 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

don't pay any attention to nolebull, he like that about any non tampa teams lol

also welcome to the board, I can tell you a Fort Hill fan from reading that and even though its not very often Fort Hill plays a florida team your more then welcome to stay, even though its called a florida board last year we opened up the discussions to include any state and any level of football so you wouldn't be restricted to post about them 

I'm curious where does Fort Hill stack up against other teams in Maryland?

Right now in the state media poll FH is ranked 8th among ALL classes, but after this win we may jump a spot or two

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/283758-state-poll-week-6/

thanks for the welcome

BTW... this was the 1st team from Florida FH has ever played. 

2 hours ago, GenSneaky said:

Right now in the state media poll FH is ranked 8th among ALL classes, but after this win we may jump a spot or two

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/283758-state-poll-week-6/

thanks for the welcome

BTW... this was the 1st team from Florida FH has ever played. 

Hmm maybe they will play more in the future lol 

I looked at their schedule last 6 years, they play solid teams, but rarely come to Baltimore or DC for games. Somebody hook them up with Madison, Florida version of a 1A power.  Actually Madison flat out a power. Welcome to FLA. board. 

Side note; Viera took down Gonzaga 21 - 6 in DC Labor Day weekend.  Just 2 weeks ago Gonzaga beat #19 in nation Dematha.  Just interesting side bars.  Gonzaga DC people treated us right, had an awesome pregame with their fans at a DC bar n grill. Hope MCC and FH did the same in Cumberland. 

9 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

MCC is ranked in the 70's in Florida. 

So if FH is 8 in Maryland then that shows you the difference in each state.

MCC was not a great representative of Florida football.

would liked to have seen a better team play

Isn't that a pattern 

Another state has a top 10 team playing a FL top 50-300 range team 

FL really need to stop playing mismatches 

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Isn't that a pattern 

Another state has a top 10 team playing a FL top 50-300 range team 

FL really need to stop playing mismatches 

It's not like MCC got blown out they were in the game and actually had a great chance at winning it. But they didn't do what they had to do to preserve the win. They should've slowed down their offense after they went up 2 scores and ran the clock out.

43 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

It's not like MCC got blown out they were in the game and actually had a great chance at winning it. But they didn't do what they had to do to preserve the win. They should've slowed down their offense after they went up 2 scores and ran the clock out.

Ik that but i was commenting on nolebull saying we had a Florida team around the 70 range  (might be a little rough, i have them around 60) and a top 10 Maryland team 

If that's case i wonder how Florida would do in these matchups if it a top 25 team instead of a 60-70 range team