Vero Beach beats Lincoln 35-7

Floridatechfootball

1 hour ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

Lincoln has an athletic quarterback that at times seems like the coach wants to make a pocket qb instead of an athlete...defense got decent pressure on Vero and decent against run but secondary was exposed by a Vero receiving core that has underperformed up till now

Yes and thats why I think Vero will lose second or third round

3 hours ago, Jimmyb1980 said:

No offense but you talk more crap about vero then any professed vero fan I’ve ever seen! I have some news for you I was at the Oscar Smith game and Oscar smith is as good if not better than any 8a team Vero is gonna see this year! Remember 8a is down this year statewide

Man look here i know this dam team well i played for em too every year they get hype until playoffs and secondly i think Apopka and Osceola could take wins away from Oscar Smith too plus Oscar schedule is nothing but weak district games

I also saw the Oscar Smith game and Akeem didnt score in it either he habe problems with teams that have big LBs

47 minutes ago, Floridatechfootball said:

even the guys i sit next to complain about them im not a homer 

Trust me, Vero's QB is okay. He may not play QB at the next level. Or if he does, it won't be at a major program. But as a high school QB, even on a state caliber team, he is more than adequate. He benefits from good receivers who run very precise routes. VB may or may not go deep in the playoffs. But what is pretty certain to me is, they have a really good shot. Running back Dixon is a very good, "thunder" type running back. He does not have a lot of speed but is very difficult to bring down and he gets the tough yards between the tackles.

You are being way too critical of Vero's chances in my opinion. And I am an outside observer with no hidden agenda. 

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

What were your thoughts on Lincoln? 

From watching the video of the game, Lincoln is okay on offense. They were able to sustain a couple drives on VB and pick up good yards. On defense the VB receivers kept getting wide open and VB had many big pickups. VB's big running back Dixon also had a couple big runs breaking arm tackles along the way. They also got burned on a kickoff return and on a blocked punt. 

To me they looked like a Central Florida 4-6 to 7-3 type team depending on their schedule: the kind of team that would have an outside shot at making the playoffs but would most likely be one and done if they did. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

From watching the video of the game, Lincoln is okay on offense. They were able to sustain a couple drives on VB and pick up good yards. On defense the VB receivers kept getting wide open and VB had many big pickups. VB's big running back Dixon also had a couple big runs breaking arm tackles along the way. They also got burned on a kickoff return and on a blocked punt. 

To me they looked like a Central Florida 4-6 to 7-3 type team depending on their schedule: the kind of team that would have an outside shot at making the playoffs but would most likely be one and done if they did. 

So probably like Lincoln for past few seasons 

I have been following Vero Beach for many many years. This it the best team they have ever fielded. They are really big with a offensive line that averages around 300 pounds, even their fullback is 230 pounds. They presently have the highest amount of points in the entire state in 8A. They have won 40 regular season games in a row, and 41 on their home field. They have a half dozen committed Division one  recruits. They also have probably the best head coach in the state of Florida in Lenny Jankowski. Just a reminder Vero has beaten Viera, Oscar Smith, and Pahokee. Vero  will go to the state finals.

Boys Vero is good, no doubt about. and can definetly play with Columbus, Osceola, Riverview, Apopka's 1970's (double wing, Veer, single wing, etc - whatever Darlington wants to call it}. Vero may hoist he trophy second week of December, 8A only semi tough.  The positive, they have about 12 D 1 players, the negative their toughest game was played Aug. 18 vs, Viera.  I do not like that. 

Another team Viera; they will have outscored their final 5 opp. 300 tu 9 or something like that.  And Vero n Viera will win 1st playoff games by 50.  I don't like it, all games need to be tough.

Let's go back to 60's, 70's, and 80's,  Only District Champs, 16 teams in each class.  Maybe only 8 in 4A and below.  Hecc 1977 my senior year, M.I. #1 seed 4A and we have to travel to Florida Field to play the #16 seed purple hurricanes of Gainesville. Gainesville wins.

Sorry for long thread, but just poured a triple jack n coke.  Son and I just got back from JU getting butt kicked by San Diego  He took his JU recruit shirt off and went fishing at Port Canaveral.  

Hope everyone doing good , UCF n USF winners, OH and MIami  

On 10/21/2017 at 10:57 PM, Mustangs78 said:

Boys Vero is good, no doubt about. and can definetly play with Columbus, Osceola, Riverview, Apopka's 1970's (double wing, Veer, single wing, etc - whatever Darlington wants to call it}. Vero may hoist he trophy second week of December, 8A only semi tough.  The positive, they have about 12 D 1 players, the negative their toughest game was played Aug. 18 vs, Viera.  I do not like that. 

Another team Viera; they will have outscored their final 5 opp. 300 tu 9 or something like that.  And Vero n Viera will win 1st playoff games by 50.  I don't like it, all games need to be tough.

Let's go back to 60's, 70's, and 80's,  Only District Champs, 16 teams in each class.  Maybe only 8 in 4A and below.  Hecc 1977 my senior year, M.I. #1 seed 4A and we have to travel to Florida Field to play the #16 seed purple hurricanes of Gainesville. Gainesville wins.

Sorry for long thread, but just poured a triple jack n coke.  Son and I just got back from JU getting butt kicked by San Diego  He took his JU recruit shirt off and went fishing at Port Canaveral.  

Hope everyone doing good , UCF n USF winners, OH and MIami  

Yall said that last year too the year before that and the year before that....

On 10/21/2017 at 9:57 PM, roygod said:

I have been following Vero Beach for many many years. This it the best team they have ever fielded. They are really big with a offensive line that averages around 300 pounds, even their fullback is 230 pounds. They presently have the highest amount of points in the entire state in 8A. They have won 40 regular season games in a row, and 41 on their home field. They have a half dozen committed Division one  recruits. They also have probably the best head coach in the state of Florida in Lenny Jankowski. Just a reminder Vero has beaten Viera, Oscar Smith, and Pahokee. Vero  will go to the state finals.

I have to but you should know that Coach J schedules light and he hasnt even won a meaningful playoff game so how the hell he the best coach in the state get the hell outta here

On 10/21/2017 at 8:39 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

Trust me, Vero's QB is okay. He may not play QB at the next level. Or if he does, it won't be at a major program. But as a high school QB, even on a state caliber team, he is more than adequate. He benefits from good receivers who run very precise routes. VB may or may not go deep in the playoffs. But what is pretty certain to me is, they have a really good shot. Running back Dixon is a very good, "thunder" type running back. He does not have a lot of speed but is very difficult to bring down and he gets the tough yards between the tackles.

You are being way too critical of Vero's chances in my opinion. And I am an outside observer with no hidden agenda. 

Man how u gon tell me i watch them every weekend

9 hours ago, Floridatechfootball said:

I have to but you should know that Coach J schedules light and he hasnt even won a meaningful playoff game so how the hell he the best coach in the state get the hell outta here

I don't consider beating Viera, Oscar Smith and Pahokee a light schedule ! And last year Vero went to the regional finals. This is his 5th year at Vero and the last 4 years his team has gone undefeated in their regular season. You have to keep in mind that Vero Beach is not a city, it is just a sleepy beach town that loves football. He has pulled the talents out of all his players and turned them into a great team each and every year he's been here. I'm quite sure this year he's going to get the recognition he deserves!

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:39 PM, DarterBlue2 said:

You might want to look at Nick Celidonio (Vero QB) highlights which are posted on Twitter right now before you make any hasty judgements.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5514504/59d12180bd74af0f80e59d0e