Miami 41 Notre Dame 8

DisabledAccount

you would rank Miami #1 if you were still doing a college top 25 poll but since you can no longer justify FSU in it then you quit making one.  Miami looked really good last night.  It seems like they are starting to hit their stride after barely winning games earlier in the year.  Clemson vs Miami winner will be in the college football playoffs.  If some things happen but they would need help Miami still could get in losing that game.

Here is my guess of the next college football playoff ranking not my opinion.

1. Alabama 10-0

2. Clemson 9-1

3. Oklahoma 9-1

4. Miami 9-0

5. Georgia 9-1

6. Wisconsin 10-0

7. Auburn 8-2

8. Notre Dame 8-2

9. Ohio State 8-2

10. USC 9-2

12 minutes ago, badbird said:

you would rank Miami #1 if you were still doing a college top 25 poll but since you can no longer justify FSU in it then you quit making one.  Miami looked really good last night.  It seems like they are starting to hit their stride after barely winning games earlier in the year.  Clemson vs Miami winner will be in the college football playoffs.  If some things happen but they would need help Miami still could get in losing that game.

1. Alabama 10-0

2. Clemson 9-1

3. Oklahoma 9-1

4. Miami 9-0

5. Georgia 9-1

6. Wisconsin 10-0

7. Auburn 8-2

8. Notre Dame 8-2

9. Ohio State 8-2

10. USC 9-2

Who you think finishes as top 4

Just now, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Who you think finishes as top 4

no idea  but I can guess

I think right now it is down to 7 teams. 

Bama could lose vs Auburn or SEC championship and most likely get in

Clemson has to win out South Carolina and Miami.  I think they beat Miami

Oklahoma has to win out WVU and big 12 championship.  I think they win out.

Miami could lose to Clemson and still get in.

Georgia has to win out Georgia Tech and Sec championship game.  I see them losing 1

Wisconsin has to win out Michigan and Big 10 championship game.  I see them losing 1

Auburn has to win out Alabama and SEC championship game

With that said

Alabama Clemson Oklahoma Miami/Auburn are the safest picks.

3 hours ago, badbird said:

1. Alabama 10-0

2. Clemson 9-1

3. Oklahoma 9-1

4. Miami 9-0

5. Georgia 9-1

6. Wisconsin 10-0

7. Auburn 8-2

8. Notre Dame 8-2

9. Ohio State 8-2

10. USC 9-2

Clemson lost to Syracuse... That’s all I’m saying.. My boys looked great last night...

On 11/12/2017 at 12:04 PM, Zoe Boy said:

Clemson lost to Syracuse... That’s all I’m saying.. My boys looked great last night...

Agreed.   My top 4 based on merrit would be...

Bama

Miami

OU

Clemson

Now if you asked me who I'd take in a head to head at the end of the year between Clemson and OU, I'd probably take Clemson.   OU just has a better resume. 

On 11/13/2017 at 9:33 PM, Sharkbait said:

So glad Richt is at Miami.  The Canes being a contender again just makes things seem right in the world.

One more thing to make things right in the world 

Miami and Florida playing annually 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_Cup

This could come back as a result 

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Both times series was dropped it was coming off a Florida loss

Seems like it to me

you know scheduling is done well in advance.  They didn't cancel the series because Florida lost.  They canceled it because the SEC went from 7 to 8 games required and Florida didn't want to do two home and home series because of money.  They choose to keep FSU over Miami because it is a bigger rival.  Overall Miami has a small lead 29-26.   They are playing  each other again in 2019.  

8 minutes ago, badbird said:

you know scheduling is done well in advance.  They didn't cancel the series because Florida lost.  They canceled it because the SEC went from 7 to 8 games required and Florida didn't want to do two home and home series because of money.  They choose to keep FSU over Miami because it is a bigger rival.  Overall Miami has a small lead 29-26.   They are playing  each other again in 2019.  

They dropped playing Miami to take weak fbs and even fcs teams instead

They dropped Miami so they could be guaranteed 3 home and home series.  You have a hard time understanding, don't you?

FSU non conference will always play Florida.  They also have to play 8 conference games just like Florida has to play.  This year FSU played Delaware St and Lousiana Monroe. Those are real power house teams aren't they.? They play those teams so they can get a home game and make more money.  They played Alabama in a kick off game on a neutral site which both teams get heavily compensated for so kind of like another home game.  Florida played Northern Colorado and UAB so they could get two extra home games and also played Michigan in a kick off game at a neutral site where both teams get heavily compensated so it is like a home game as far as money goes. 

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And i dont remember sec expanding in 2014

The last expansion was in 2012 when they brought in mizzu and a&m

So the recent expansion wouldn't have had any effect on them not being able to continue the rivarly 

the series stopped after 1987 when the SEC went from a 7 game schedule to a 8 game schedule.  They have played 6 times since in 30 years.   The series was never back on again after 1987.   Two were in bowl games 2001, 2004.  They had a home and home in 2002,2003.  They also played once in Gainesville 2008 and once in Miami 2013.