Gainesville vs West Orange

DisabledAccount

Saw on scorestream that West Orange won 45-7

Even though they listed it as a basketball game it was listed as playing last Friday at 7 which was the scheduled time for the Spring game so it's safe to assume someone just labeled it wrong on the app

Anyone know how this game played out or what the score was for the starters? 

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Saw on scorestream that West Orange won 45-7

Even though they listed it as a basketball game it was listed as playing last Friday at 7 which was the scheduled time for the Spring game so it's safe to assume someone just labeled it wrong on the app

Anyone know how this game played out or what the score was for the starters? 

I can give you the score. After three quarters of Varsity, West Orange 35-7 over Gainesville. One quarter of JV WO 10-0 over Gainesville. 

I had planned to go to this game. But after the bad experience with the cost of parking from the Wekiva game which was also played at WO, I decided to stay home. So my knowledge of the score is what I got from the Orlando Sentinel.

As a mark of protest, the only game I will attend at WO this upcoming season is the District matchup with Apopka. 

13 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I can give you the score. After three quarters of Varsity, West Orange 35-7 over Gainesville. One quarter of JV WO 10-0 over Gainesville. 

I had planned to go to this game. But after the bad experience with the cost of parking from the Wekiva game which was also played at WO, I decided to stay home. So my knowledge of the score is what I got from the Orlando Sentinel.

As a mark of protest, the only game I will attend at WO this upcoming season is the District matchup with Apopka. 

So Gainesville got crushed 

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

So Gainesville got crushed 

It looks that way. West Orange had two really good receivers last year that were underclassmen. Add a good QB, and it makes their offense very potent. Although only four teams, the district with West Orange, Apopka and Wekiva is a very strong one. It is possible a very good team many not make the playoffs or three teams may make it from this district. We will see as the season progresses. 

I went to the game.  Gainesville supposedly has 10 back on offense and 8 on defense but didn't look very good to me.  They were small at the skill positions.  West Orange has some really good offensive skill players but there season will be determined by how the trenches come along.  They have lots of work to do there.    

If Columbia is a good team they will destroy Gainesville

20 minutes ago, badbird said:

I went to the game.  Gainesville supposedly has 10 back on offense and 8 on defense but didn't look very good to me.  They were small at the skill positions.  West Orange has some really good offensive skill players but there season will be determined by how the trenches come along.  They have lots of work to do there.    

Oh we will take pleasure in going to citizens field and putting them down,  again

9 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Oh we will take pleasure in going to citizens field and putting them down,  again

30 minutes ago, badbird said:

Looks like this year will be duplicate of last year for Columbia...some early season wins and then reality sets in mid September.

1 minute ago, FORTWHITEFAN76 said:

I look for Eastside to shake up  Gainesville this year wont be surprised if they beat GHS and Buchholz.

Same way we get them from other places.

Eastside is looking best they been in like a decade

I don't think they beat both this year but i think they beat one of them

West Orange/St. Augustine was, once again, a spring Game. Guaranteed the Yellow Jackets will be in or near the last playoff game again in 2018. 6A St. Augustine playing away in winter Garden against a pretty good 8A team in a scrimmage. IMO the outcome means nothing and I don't think that anyone should seriously consider this any assessment of what the Yellow jackets will be in September.

Just now, Proseteye said:

West Orange/St. Augustine was, once again, a spring Game. Guaranteed the Yellow Jackets will be in or near the last playoff game again in 2018. 6A St. Augustine playing away in winter Garden against a pretty good 8A team in a scrimmage. IMO the outcome means nothing and I don't think that anyone should seriously consider this any assessment of what the Yellow jackets will be in September.

St Augustine? 

5 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

I agree St Augustine will be the usual St Augustine team, however west Orange played Gainesville not St Augustine 

When you're going on 78 it's a wonder if you can still find your way to Gainsville. My bad. Anyway, I thought it was kind of strange that a top team like St. Augustine would lose that badly, even in a Spring Game. However, probably the same scenario with Gainesville. A 6A team driving to Winter Garden and taking on an 8A team. As I recall Gainesville has done poorly in a few Spring Games, in the past, which didn't follow them into the regular season. Columbiahighfan, they are still going to be tough as they always are.

9 minutes ago, Proseteye said:

When you're going on 78 it's a wonder if you can still find your way to Gainsville. My bad. Anyway, I thought it was kind of strange that a top team like St. Augustine would lose that badly, even in a Spring Game. However, probably the same scenario with Gainesville. A 6A team driving to Winter Garden and taking on an 8A team. As I recall Gainesville has done poorly in a few Spring Games, in the past, which didn't follow them into the regular season. Columbiahighfan, they are still going to be tough as they always are.

They probably will be,  i just wish i could watch us blow them out because it would silence the people from Gainesville who always want to talk trash about us and make a clear statement from the start of the year that Columbia will get many victories over Gainesville during the school year 

I hear you. Every time we or Vanguard go up to Citizen Field it's not a very friendly atmosphere, especially playing the Hurricanes. However, I do appreciate the quality of their team. We play Buchholz in the KO Classic at Citizen Field this fall, which is probably as good or better team than Gainesville.

What do you feel will make Eastside the best team in the Gainesville area this coming season? Until 2008 Eastside used to be a pretty tough team most years. After 2008 they only had one winning season and that was 5-4 in 2017. I would like to see Eastside finally become the team one would expect them to be. Just don't know what has changed from previous years?